St Sen Morrison: Fix the FOID will save lives, end backlog

InterestedBystander

And she continues.

Full article at link...

https://www.illinoissenatedemocrats.com/caucus-news/39-senator-julie-a-morrison-news/1595-morrison-fix-the-foid-will-save-lives-end-backlog

...HIGHWOOD As other members of the General Assembly raise concerns about the FOID card backlog and outline a Second Amendment agenda, State Senator Julie Morrison (D-Lake Forest) is encouraging her colleagues to support the final push for her comprehensive firearms measure.

Fix the FOID is not anti-gun it simply ensures guns are not possessed by people who should not legally have them, Morrison said. Fingerprinting everyone who applies for a card will help raise red flags if that person has a violent criminal history that should keep them from having a firearm....

<snip>

...I firmly believe we have developed the framework that would keep guns out of the hands of people we know would present a risk to themselves or others, Morrison said. I hope to see this measure cross the finish line next month, so we can finally close to the loopholes in gun laws.

Morrison has requested the measure be brought up during the Senates anticipated January lame-duck session....

And she continues.

Full article at link...

https://www.illinoissenatedemocrats.com/caucus-news/39-senator-julie-a-morrison-news/1595-morrison-fix-the-foid-will-save-lives-end-backlog

...HIGHWOOD As other members of the General Assembly raise concerns about the FOID card backlog and outline a Second Amendment agenda, State Senator Julie Morrison (D-Lake Forest) is encouraging her colleagues to support the final push for her comprehensive firearms measure.

Fix the FOID is not anti-gun it simply ensures guns are not possessed by people who should not legally have them, Morrison said. Fingerprinting everyone who applies for a card will help raise red flags if that person has a violent criminal history that should keep them from having a firearm....

<snip>

...I firmly believe we have developed the framework that would keep guns out of the hands of people we know would present a risk to themselves or others, Morrison said. I hope to see this measure cross the finish line next month, so we can finally close to the loopholes in gun laws.

Morrison has requested the measure be brought up during the Senates anticipated January lame-duck session....

Dear Morrison,

Shut up and sit down.

Sincerely yours,

and Merry Christmas.

"Fix the FOID is not anti-gun it simply ensures guns are not possessed by people who should not legally have them, Morrison said. Fingerprinting everyone who applies for a card will help raise red flags if that person has a violent criminal history that should keep them from having a firearm...."

Uh-huh. And I'm the captain of the starship Enterprise.

what a bunch of raw fertilizer. ISP, Morrison. Bunch of liars covering each other's lies.

I want to see something lawfully happen to spank the ISP because of all this, something they will NEVER forget and make them sit down VERY carefully and gingerly, not sitting easy for a long long time.

what a bunch of raw fertilizer. ISP, Morrison. Bunch of liars covering each other's lies.

I want to see something lawfully happen to spank the ISP because of all this, something they will NEVER forget and make them sit down VERY carefully and gingerly, not sitting easy for a long long time.

Rule the FOID unconstitutional, and full refund of all FOID fees paid starting in 1968.

Let me understand this correctly.

Her idea on how to “fix the FOID” which has a backlog three times longer than the time limit legislated is to add an additional layer of complexity? Really?

The people they have screening FOID applications are overwhelmed (understaffed) so let’s fix that by adding a requirement that fingerprint experts (now nonexistent in the process) have to also approve the application.

The ISP currently cannot keep up with renewals which are required every 10 years so let’s eliminate the backlog by doubling the renewals by requiring them every 5 years.

Do I understand that correctly?

Is this an example of the intelligent level of the average Democrat representative?

How about we have someone make a law called "Fix the morons". Before a Senate seat stuffer or Congress critter can propose a bill or new law, they have to pass a test on the U.S. Constitution AND the Illinois Constitution. The second part of the test is to explain exactly how the bill or new law would do a needed service, not impose or restrict any lawful citizen's rights, or correct a problem, such as crime.

A pass is getting a score of 100%. 99% or less is a fail.

Two fails in a calendar year means that member steps down and the other party gets to install a new member.

Just a thought.....you think morrison would last two weeks?

I know, hyperbole,,,,,,but still....

Isn't this one of those things the Democrats usually screech will impact the poor and minorities hardest?

Of course, maybe she's just another typical Democrat racist and wants to hurt the poor and minorities?

It also closely resembles a "Poll Tax" for exercising a constitutional right.

How about we have someone make a law called "Fix the morons". Before a Senate seat stuffer or Congress critter can propose a bill or new law, they have to pass a test on the U.S. Constitution AND the Illinois Constitution. The second part of the test is to explain exactly how the bill or new law would do a needed service, not impose or restrict any lawful citizen's rights, or correct a problem, such as crime.

A pass is getting a score of 100%. 99% or less is a fail.

Two fails in a calendar year means that member steps down and the other party gets to install a new member.

Just a thought.....you think morrison would last two weeks?

I know, hyperbole,,,,,,but still....

There was a bill submitted to require an ILGA member to demonstrate a proficiency of knowledge before submitting a firearms related bill. Of course that bill went nowhere not getting to committee.

Isn't this one of those things the Democrats usually screech will impact the poor and minorities hardest?

Of course, maybe she's just another typical Democrat racist and wants to hurt the poor and minorities?

1000%

Let the NAACP get a hold of that one if it passes. Charging someone to exercise a constitutional right is illegal. A FOID card is darn near exactly that same thing as a poll tax. Making it even more costly and adding another layer like mandatory fingerprinting makes that even more costly.

Idiot politicians want to keep comparing this to a driver's license...despite the fact that driving a car on public funded roads is not a constitutional right. Privately owning a firearm is.

Hasn't a high level Ill court already overturned a criminal conviction of a lady who had an old firearm, but never had a FOID? If I remember correctly, they found that simply not having a FOID doesn't legally make one ineligible to own a firearm, it's a catch-22.

Someone should send this to her and ask how any of her "new" ideas would have stopped this.

https://cwbchicago.com/2020/12/video-carjackers-bail-from-running-car-that-crashes-into-uptown-building.html

Prosecutors charged each of them with felony aggravated vehicular hijacking with a firearm and felony aggravated vehicular hijacking of a person over age 60.

Where are the Federal and State gun charges?

1000%

Let the NAACP get a hold of that one if it passes. Charging someone to exercise a constitutional right is illegal. A FOID card is darn near exactly that same thing as a poll tax. Making it even more costly and adding another layer like mandatory fingerprinting makes that even more costly.

Idiot politicians want to keep comparing this to a driver's license...despite the fact that driving a car on public funded roads is not a constitutional right. Privately owning a firearm is.

Hasn't a high level Ill court already overturned a criminal conviction of a lady who had an old firearm, but never had a FOID? If I remember correctly, they found that simply not having a FOID doesn't legally make one ineligible to own a firearm, it's a catch-22.

In 2018, the NAACP President advocated for Australian-style gun control, because it's "sensible".

Not hot-linked on purpose: https://www.naacp.org/latest/opinion-gun-safety-freedom/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dear Senator Morrison:

Does you proposal include charging me more money for my FOID card?

Are you turning the fee for the FOID into a fine to keep the firearms that I already own?

Her answer to both questions is "Yes, of course". Obviously her only goal is to make firearm ownership too expensive for the "masses". Only the elites can pay all the fees she has planned, and she can continue to chip away at gun ownership.

Archived