FOID Processing Time

I talked to a ISP worker last week who said she believes the firearm service bureau is behind about 90 days now. The worker doesn't work in the FSB herself. She had trouble getting her own husband's FOID renewed on time. She also acknowledged they don't answer the phones and knows its a joke (we all know this already).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My FOID expired on 1/1/2020. I applied for the renewal on 10/5/2019.

My status continues to be "Under Review".

Never mind that I have a CCW and I am an instructor.

Every attempt to contact ISP has been unsuccessful.

Any idea whaT I can do to figure out what is going on?

Thanks.

I renewed mine 2 days before you and it expired on Jan 1 also. The assumption that a week off for Thanksgiving and a week or more at Christmas. 60 business days should be about now, but, today is another holiday!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I renewed mine 2 days before you and it expired on Jan 1 also. The assumption that a week off for Thanksgiving and a week or more at Christmas. 60 business days should be about now, but, today is another holiday!!!

Don't forget a week off for New Year's, also.

Thanks.

Don't forget a week off for New Year's, also.
Where is this week stuff coming from? Yes, employees will take extra days off but official state employee holidays end of year are 1 day at Labor, Election Day, Veterans, Columbus, Christmas & New Years, 2 at Thanksgiving, Edited by InterestedBystander

Thanks.I renewed mine 2 days before you and it expired on Jan 1 also. The assumption that a week off for Thanksgiving and a week or more at Christmas. 60 business days should be about now, but, today is another holiday!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkDon't forget a week off for New Year's, also.Where is this week stuff coming from? Yes, employees will take extra days off but official state employee holidays end of year are 1 day at Labor, Election Day, Veterans, Columbus, Christmas & New Years, 2 at Thanksgiving,

I called and was told I still had 2 weeks for the 60 business days. 1 day for each holiday made Jan 2 as 60 business days and I called about Jan 3

Thanks.I renewed mine 2 days before you and it expired on Jan 1 also. The assumption that a week off for Thanksgiving and a week or more at Christmas. 60 business days should be about now, but, today is another holiday!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkDon't forget a week off for New Year's, also.Where is this week stuff coming from? Yes, employees will take extra days off but official state employee holidays end of year are 1 day at Labor, Election Day, Veterans, Columbus, Christmas & New Years, 2 at Thanksgiving,

I called and was told I still had 2 weeks for the 60 business days. 1 day for each holiday made Jan 2 as 60 business days and I called about Jan 3

What number did you call that you were actually able to speak with a live person, and not just listen to a recording?

What number did you call that you were actually able to speak with a live person, and not just listen to a recording?

217-782-7980

217-782-7980

Ive called that # 1000x and cant get ahold of anyone lol. I went revoked in 2017. For order of protection which expired in may 2019. I been put in my appeal and even have a court order for return of my firearm and still am under board review for my appeal smh. Illinoissssssss

Family member in the same situation. Missed a great deal on mail-order ammo because the retailer would not take an 'expired' FOID.

This is a problem!!

Guy came into a store I work at and asked us what he could do. He said I can’t buy anything. He’s been waiting since September of 2019 and he showed us a email from his state rep that said you’re just going to have to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro