Frog Lube

boog

In colder weather the liquid stuff doesn't mix well. Put it in your microwave for about a minute then shake the crap out of it. It will then be mixed well. You shouldn't have any more issues.As a side note I have a gallon jug and had to microwave it for several minutes to get it more liquidy. Then i put in a Chicago electric sonic cleaner with heat. I took the grip off a Ruger Police six and put the whole gun in the cleaner for 8 minutes and let dry and then repeated 3 times. It came out perfect and the trigger pull seems lighter.

Boog

Sounds like a bad mix to me. I won a 4oz kit on their facebook promo a week or so back and after sitting in the mailbox all day the liquid was thick and smooth and thinned out once it came up to room temp. It never gets chunky. My Glock is near silent in racking the slide and my .45 feels like its on greased roller bearings. I havent cleaned my 2 pistols since treating them and putting a couple hundred rounds through each, I just lock the slide open and run my finger over the feed ramps and breech face and they are shiny and clean.

My only beef with Froglube is that I havent been able to reproduce the rust removing results that I've seen in videos. I rubbed down my Crosman 66 air rifle whose barrel had a lot of spotty surface rust and the whole barrel is now brown and not blued. I believe that the amount of rust that came off from being moistened and rubbed down would have been the same with WD40 or Hoppes. One thing I'm sure of is that it WONT rust any further. I also put a drop on each end of my severely abused swiss army knife and it opens like brand new again.

I did the microwave trick for 1 minute, then briskly shook the bottle and it was fine - while still warm. I cleaned a couple of pistols, but did notice it start to chunk up again as it cooled. I keep the basement around 70 degrees so it might be too cold to keep suspended? As long as I keep it warm it seems to work fine.

Your call, if you want I will replace it.

Have a Merry Chrismas!

David

I did the microwave trick for 1 minute, then briskly shook the bottle and it was fine - while still warm. I cleaned a couple of pistols, but did notice it start to chunk up again as it cooled. I keep the basement around 70 degrees so it might be too cold to keep suspended? As long as I keep it warm it seems to work fine.

Have a Merry Chrismas!

David

Thanks David, I'll bring it along the next time I'm down there.

Have a Merry Christmas too.

Have a Merry Chrismas!

David

I will drop it off tomorrow.... Gives me another reason to go shooting!!!!!

I received some Froglube as a present and have applied it to my XD so far. It was totally easy to work with and it smells good too. I can't wait to see how it cleans up after a day at the range.

I've been following the thread and remember someone saying that if you used the paste, it will liquefy during shooting as the gun warms up, and then harden up again when the gun cools.

This got me thinking... what if during the liquid phase the Froglube collected in the striker channel, and then returned to paste form later? Can this happen?

I probably have 2-3000 rounds through my XD and have never done a detailed strip of the slide. Is this something I should learn to do in the near future? Would an ultrasonic cleaner eliminate the need for a detailed strip?

And they said I was too old to learn anything new.

I received some Froglube as a present and have applied it to my XD so far. It was totally easy to work with and it smells good too. I can't wait to see how it cleans up after a day at the range.

I've been following the thread and remember someone saying that if you used the paste, it will liquefy during shooting as the gun warms up, and then harden up again when the gun cools.

This got me thinking... what if during the liquid phase the Froglube collected in the striker channel, and then returned to paste form later? Can this happen?

I probably have 2-3000 rounds through my XD and have never done a detailed strip of the slide. Is this something I should learn to do in the near future? Would an ultrasonic cleaner eliminate the need for a detailed strip?

And they said I was too old to learn anything new.

The only time that you would leave a coating and not wipe off the excess on your pistol would be if you are putting the pistol away for long term storage. And even then its not like you are "painting" on a heavy coat.

As for your question about the firing pin channel, its not recommended to put oil inside it (for the reason already pointed out). However, if you were to detail strip and apply FrogLube as directed then there would not be an issue as FrogLube is not a "wet" type of lubricant. Even as Froglube heats up its not like it starts draining out the cracks and crevasses..

I know that with our Department Glocks, it is recommended by the factory to clean out the firing pin channels yearly. I would do the same for any carry pistol that I use, especially one that I fire a lot for practice.

Its better, safe than SOL at the wrong time.

David

I know that with our Department Glocks, it is recommended by the factory to clean out the firing pin channels yearly. I would do the same for any carry pistol that I use, especially one that I fire a lot for practice.

Luckily I also got a Cabela's gift card. I'll get a hammer & punch set and learn how to do the detail strip.

Luckily I also got a Cabela's gift card. I'll get a hammer & punch set and learn how to do the detail strip.

Shhhhhhh,,,, If the factory hears that it void's any and all warranties....

Good thing I cant hear.

I did some exploring on XDtalk, and the mood there is that a detailed strip would be considered maintenance, and wouldn't neccessarily void the warranty. Regardless, this was my first gun and I made the newby decision of buying a $25 lifetime warranty from the shop that sold it to me. They have an excellent gunsmith I hear, and would most likely fix my goof ups.

However, if there is a chance of something screwing up, I might not do it. I've taken things apart all my life and hardly ever had any leftover pieces when putting them back together. :) It looks like the only danger would be ruining the roll pin. I've watched all the youtube videos.

If I knew for certain than an ultrasonic cleaner would leave the striker channel clean, I would go that route instead, but I guess I would need advice from someone more experienced than myself. How could I really be sure? Seeing is believing.

Have a Merry Chrismas!

David

Went there today. Damn, it was busy. They have it in stock. Sending Tony an email to explain that you will be exchanging 1 for 1. PM me with your info so that I can let Tony know who will be asking for the exchange.

David

Have a Merry Chrismas!

David

Went there today. Damn, it was busy. They have it in stock. Sending Tony an email to explain that you will be exchanging 1 for 1. PM me with your info so that I can let Tony know who will be asking for the exchange.

David

Thx - PM sent.

Stopped by GAT Guns today. Very nice place and extremely busy!!!!!!!! Good lord, I think they have one of everything there. They were missing just one thing.......

Spoke to them about picking up FrogLube. For those that have tried it and those that would like to, spread the word and let them know that you want to buy FrogLube from their store!

Stopped by GAT Guns today. Very nice place and extremely busy!!!!!!!! Good lord, I think they have one of everything there. They were missing just one thing.......

Spoke to them about picking up FrogLube. For those that have tried it and those that would like to, spread the word and let them know that you want to buy FrogLube from their store!

That's why God invented the Internet. So that I don't have to drive to the suburbs.

Botach has it for $9 with free shipping.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

That's why God invented the Internet. So that I don't have to drive to the suburbs.

Botach has it for $9 with free shipping.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

JT,

God didn't invent the Internet, Al Gore did, Just ask him :clap:

Anyway, do you think you will get the kind of service as Dave posted above? Not!! I promise you, that price will change as they are losing money not making it at that Deal.That is an old price and they will realize it soon enough.

Where are you located? let us know what local shop you support and we will get it there for you, even if only for you.

ED

American Froglube Distribution Ltd

Not that you need any more praise for the product but here is some anyway.

This stuff is great. I'm super OCD about how clean my guns are after I shoot. I cleaned my Glock 31 today after getting a package deal of this stuff and was surprised to see that there was still a small amount of carbon left in the gun from the last time I "cleaned" my gun. The best part was that when I was cleaning it my wife was able to stay in the same room with me. She cant stand the smell of Hoppes for some reason. I'm very impressed with this stuff.

Chris

I gotta get me some of this stuff to try. I'm not one to run to every new "designer" lube that comes along, any simple, brand name gun oil and a good white grease for the Garand and 1911's and I was happy. But this stuff sounds pretty good!

AB

To add to Tim's comment, I know Wilson Combat recommends using a good white grease when lubing 1911 frame/slide rails and other high load areas. And of course they just happen to have a product that they HIGHLY recommend, LOL! Does Frog lube also make a grease? Or what are they substituting in its place?

I gotta get me some of this stuff to try. I'm not one to run to every new "designer" lube that comes along, any simple, brand name gun oil and a good white grease for the Garand and 1911's and I was happy. But this stuff sounds pretty good!

AB

To add to Tim's comment, I know Wilson Combat recommends using a good white grease when lubing 1911 frame/slide rails and other high load areas. And of course they just happen to have a product that they HIGHLY recommend, LOL! Does Frog lube also make a grease? Or what are they substituting in its place?

We carry Frog Lube at Fidelity, and use it on our firearms, with great results.

AB

No they dont. I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry off duty, I have been using FrogLube and have had no issues at all with its being able to function. This is the pistol I trust to work when I need it the most.

Hello every one.

I have been following froglube threads on a bunch of forums for awhile and have had some reports of excess wear on all metal guns.

Like Stainless on stainless and steel on steel guns.

Every one seems to have great luck with glocks and XDM's well any polymer weapons.

So would like to hear from some users of all steel handguns that have a high rd count using Froglube (1500 to 4000) as to how how its been doing?

Thanks all

AB

Does anyone know of a grease that is at least compatible with frog lube? I have started using frog lube recently and have it on a 1911, but I have mot shot it yet since going to frog lube. If I need to put some grease on the rails, what is the best, compatible one out there to buy?

AB

Does anyone know of a grease that is at least compatible with frog lube? I have started using frog lube recently and have it on a 1911, but I have mot shot it yet since going to frog lube. If I need to put some grease on the rails, what is the best, compatible one out there to buy?

You won't need grease. Clean those rails out good and do as recommended, heat that slide with a hairdryer and use the brush to apply the paste. It will melt in and when it cools it stays in place. My 1911 stays perfectly lubed like this and is smooth as glass. Sometimes I will field strip and put a drop of liquid on the inside of the rails in the rear then reassemble. I doubt you'll ever see it dry using those methods.

Vaden

If you don't mind how many rds do you have on your 1911 using froglube?

I'm trying to determine how froglube does on preventing wear on all metal handguns.

I'm not sure if I did something wrong or not but I got some odd wear on my trp in about 1200 rds using froglube.

I had already had thousands of rds thru the gun before I used froglube.

I have now started to use WS and no further wear has happened.

I really like the idea of froglube but can't get any info on this subject from froglube manufacturer.

Thanks Vaden

Vaden

If you don't mind how many rds do you have on your 1911 using froglube?

I'm trying to determine how froglube does on preventing wear on all metal handguns.

I'm not sure if I did something wrong or not but I got some odd wear on my trp in about 1200 rds using froglube.

I had already had thousands of rds thru the gun before I used froglube.

I have now started to use WS and no further wear has happened.

I really like the idea of froglube but can't get any info on this subject from froglube manufacturer.

Thanks Vaden

I had 150 through pre froglube and another 400 through it since frogging it, so its fresh out of its break in period and smooth as ever. For break in I used rem oil for a box then light bearing grease before I stripped it all off with alcohol and frogged it. After a day at the range, I clean it with a few patches and a wipe off with a cotton rag then smear on froglube, let it sit a bit and wipe it off.

I clean my frogged glock with tissues because its just that easy! (I haven't swabbed the barrel out in a few hundred rounds though..its a Glock!)

Archived