Frog Lube

boog

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up some Frog Lube from Boog at the Wheaton gun show back in October. I got the little sample size package. Seeing as how I had been at the range a couple days prior and already cleaned my guns I thought I'd just give it a go and try recleaning one.

Not to blast another product, but I had cleaned to the point of clean patches. Put a few drops of Frog Lube on a patch and ran it through the barrel. The patch came out dirty. This after using a nitro solvent that has been on the market for close to forever. Ran several clean patches through until they too came out clean. Another Frog Lube dampened patch down the bore and no more residue. A couple of dry patches, just to chase any excess lube out. The bore looked like a mirror inside. I can not remember having a barrel look so clean inside.

I then proceeded to methodicaly go through my safe and spent the rest of my day cleaning and Frog Lubing all my guns. A little Frog Lube seems to go a long way, but I still had to purchase a larger package to liquid and paste from Boog at the November Wheaton gun show.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with the bottles of gun cleaning products I used to use! Maybe I can use them to clean some of the road grime off my motorcycle engine.

I picked up some Frog Lube from Boog at the Wheaton gun show back in October. I got the little sample size package. Seeing as how I had been at the range a couple days prior and already cleaned my guns I thought I'd just give it a go and try recleaning one.

Not to blast another product, but I had cleaned to the point of clean patches. Put a few drops of Frog Lube on a patch and ran it through the barrel. The patch came out dirty. This after using a nitro solvent that has been on the market for close to forever. Ran several clean patches through until they too came out clean. Another Frog Lube dampened patch down the bore and no more residue. A couple of dry patches, just to chase any excess lube out. The bore looked like a mirror inside. I can not remember having a barrel look so clean inside.

I then proceeded to methodicaly go through my safe and spent the rest of my day cleaning and Frog Lubing all my guns. A little Frog Lube seems to go a long way, but I still had to purchase a larger package to liquid and paste from Boog at the November Wheaton gun show.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with the bottles of gun cleaning products I used to use! Maybe I can use them to clean some of the road grime off my motorcycle engine.

Use the other stuff to start your campfires, use Froglube on your engine also. Froglube is good for a whole lot more than your guns!!!!!

Boog, will you be at the gun show in Rockford this weekend, if so where will your table be located? Has anyone tried coating the end of the cylinder near the forcing cone on a revolver? I have a stainless steel Ruger and this area is a pain the butt to get the carbon off of even after just a few rounds.

Use something else and you'll probably get more stuff out. Run some Sweets down the barrel. I bet the patch will come out green.

There are lots of good products out there, but none of them are miracle products. That includes Frog Lube.

Use something else and you'll probably get more stuff out. Run some Sweets down the barrel. I bet the patch will come out green.

There are lots of good products out there, but none of them are miracle products. That includes Frog Lube.

With that post, I know for a fact that you have never tried froglube. NOTHING compares to it! Let me send you a sample, then if you still have the same opion (you won't) you will at least have some facts, not jokes :lips sealed:

Boog, will you be at the gun show in Rockford this weekend, if so where will your table be located? Has anyone tried coating the end of the cylinder near the forcing cone on a revolver? I have a stainless steel Ruger and this area is a pain the butt to get the carbon off of even after just a few rounds.

I also would be interested in the answer to Alby's question. I have never seen anything that would completely remove that stain.

I also would be interested in the answer to Alby's question. I have never seen anything that would completely remove that stain.

I did it on a rental gun at Maxons, Thats how I got their account. :lips sealed:

With that post, I know for a fact that you have never tried froglube. NOTHING compares to it! Let me send you a sample, then if you still have the same opion (you won't) you will at least have some facts, not jokes :lips sealed:

Sorry, bud. You don't know for a fact. I have some. Bought it from Boog. It's good stuff, but I don't think it's any better than Eezox or Weapon Shield. I don't think there's a single product out there that can actually do it all.

Papa, I have been using a Lead Remover & Polishing Cloth made by Birchwood Casey that can be used on stainless steel. It will take the carbon off but it does take quite a bit of time if you want it all off like I do. If the lube will even cut my time in half for me it could be worth it. I also believe that their are no "miracle products". However, there are many products out and available today that do things quicker, better and more efficient than older established products. There are also some old products that have stood the test of time and their results cannot, currently, be beat.

Sorry, bud. You don't know for a fact. I have some. Bought it from Boog. It's good stuff, but I don't think it's any better than Eezox or Weapon Shield. I don't think there's a single product out there that can actually do it all.

Well, I stand corrected and you are the only person that "I" know of that has used the product the right way and didn't stop using all their other cleaning/protectant products compleatly. If you want to return what you haven't used I will return your money and pay for the shipping.

Well, I stand corrected and you are the only person that "I" know of that has used the product the right way and didn't stop using all their other cleaning/protectant products compleatly. If you want to return what you haven't used I will return your money and pay for the shipping.

No need. I'll use what I have. I may decide I like it more as time goes on.

Militec-1 made the same claims as far as soaking into metal. I have no idea if it does or not. Metal isn't smooth. What I think is happening is the oil is staying in the pits and not soaking in at all. In militec's case, it is probably the high content of paraffin that as keeping it there. In Froglube's case, it's likely because the stuff wants to return to a paste. If there as a product that actually soaked into metal, the automotive industry would have jumped on it.

Hi EATIII,

I've already seen that video. I have also used the bottled Frog Lube on car parts. I have some bolts that have a bad case of surface rust from the salt in the winters. Cleaned them up a bit with Frog Lube and put them back on the car. So far after the rains and car washes, they seem to still be protected. I'll report back on those after the middle of winter oil change as they are under the car and should get a good coat of salt and snow.

I've also used some Frog Lube as a lube while changing some CV boots. Part of the process of putting new boots on involves sliding the boot over the entire length of the axle. This usually involves silicon spray which usually does the trick, but not this time. The boot was too tight and the silicon wasn't cutting it. On went the Frog Lube and I was able to get the boot over the axle. I also tried using Frog Lube to help free up stubborn nuts on the car. A little time with the blue wrench and a dab of Frog Lube to wick under the surface did the trick.

I have also found a case where Frog Lube just isn't appropriate and that is in the break in/wear in process of certain parts for fit. Frog Lube is just too slick. I'll go back to one of the other lubes for the fitting/break in and then clean it up with Frog Lube after the parts are meshing better.

• 4 weeks later...

You got to get this stuff at Article II. I asked if they carried it earlier this week when I was there, and only got the deer in the headlights look.

Article II now has Froglube in stock !!! sponserd by Backup Supply. Please don't forget about CarrySafely (Boog) or KapGuns (kenny) Banners on top.

Folks, TacticalSanta has started a Joint Venture with Watchmen Training Group and are now the Largest Froglube Distributor. Are AO basically covers from the Rockies to the Atlantic. Our website will be up very soon but our Facebook page is up "American Froglube Distribution Ltd" please check it out and hit the like button.

Also, if you have a Store or a Dealer that you want to carry Froglube, get us the contact info and if they sign on, you get a free 8oz Kit. Please help us grow and be able too serve you better.

Thank you,

Ed

You got to get this stuff at Article II. I asked if they carried it earlier this week when I was there, and only got the deer in the headlights look.

Article II now has Froglube in stock !!! sponserd by Backup Supply. Please don't forget about CarrySafely (Boog) or KapGuns (kenny) Banners on top.

Good deal. I'll pick up some on Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

scough,

How did it go? I am the one servicing the account.

Just to let you all know where I am coming from, I used FrogLube once (after having it sitting on a shelf for a while) and have not used anything since. I have been shooting since before I could hold the rifle by myself and help with my father, a police officer for 22 years and SWAT for 12. I will put FrogLube against all the others out there (I have tried almost all of them).

Dont believe me, give it a try....

Got under the car to do an oil change. This hasn't been much of a winter so far. Just one dusting and a bit of salt.

Bolts under the car that were treated with Frog Lube are doing well. They are more dirty than rusty and as a bonus, they seem to be cleaner in the areas that were threaded into something. I can actually see the stretch stress on one of the bolts... I guess I need to replace that one.

I treated and cleaned the bolts again and put them back on the car. These things hold the under tray on and take a beating in terms of water and salt over the winter. Next oil change will determine how well Frog Lube protects the bolts from road salt corrosion.

scough,

How did it go? I am the one servicing the account.

Just to let you all know where I am coming from, I used FrogLube once (after having it sitting on a shelf for a while) and have not used anything since. I have been shooting since before I could hold the rifle by myself and help with my father, a police officer for 22 years and SWAT for 12. I will put FrogLube against all the others out there (I have tried almost all of them).

Dont believe me, give it a try....

I bought the bottle and a tub. I took my XDM 5.25 .45 barrel straight out of the ultrasonic cleaner and while still hot, coated the barrel well, and let it cool down. I then wiped it all down, and took the bottle to lube the slide and frame. The one question I have is, why is the fluid in the bottle chunky? The tub contents is very smooth and buttery but the bottle has like a fluid with suspended chunks that get largely discarded from anywhere there's interference, like assembling the slide. Seems the only thing remains is the fluid and all of the chunky stuff is lost? I don't know whether the fluid or the chunks are the valuable portion of the mix, but it sure seems it needs to be blended a lot better to develop a consistent make up? I dunno??

Archived