All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It isn't just the courts. In the future, look for politicians and activist DAs to openly defy court decisions.
  3. Today
  4. Is it safe to say at this point that a Federal challenge to FOID could be brought, that’s in an infringement, now that this just changed to someone demanding their permission slip?
  5. Sociopaths will sociopath. They don't bother hiding the evil they want to do.
  6. Varghese said he had filed the appropriate paperwork to “preserve these arguments for appeal” but that the judge "rejected these arguments, and she went out of her way to limit me.” This is what we face in many courts nowadays, they are no longer trying to hide it... https://redstate.com/jeffc/2024/04/22/brooklyn-man-convicted-over-gun-hobby-by-biased-ny-court-could-be-facing-harsh-sentence-n2173162
  7. On April 22, the mob filed a bill for their costs of $166.50 for printing/copying the paperwork. I was wondering how they were going to do that, considering that Everytown is already providing the lawyers for free.
  8. On April 22, the (federal) judge dismissed Count II of the complaint without prejudice. Count II is/was the count challenging IL's venue-shifting law. The judge also denied the plaintiff's motion to have the case remanded back to state court. In other words, the case is now just to order the state to issue Myers a FOID, and it's staying in federal court.
  9. Yesterday
  10. Sociopaths are sociopaths first. Whether you call them "liberal" "communist" or whatever. Sociopaths in power = they only work for themselves and their cronies.
  11. If PICA was a voluntary compliance law, I would not be following it, period. To be honest, every law gets followed on the threat of enforcement. As we know, prosecutors and law enforcement can use their discretion to enforce or not enforce a statute.
  12. You are exactly right! We have gotten NOTHING out of these law suits so far except the run around and still getting screwed out of our rights.
  13. Its just one more thing to ignore if they screw us again. This entire government's legitimacy is hanging on by a single tattered thread anyway.
  14. I beg to differ, we have a long history of the ATF making stuff up as they go along and changing the rules on the fly, those changes have real-life legal consequences that turn people into felons for something they may have legally owned for years, this needs to end and this case could end that and in the end that is a good thing for the 2nd community... And who knows, with all the lower courts ignoring Heller/Bruen I would not be surprised if the court walks the line and possibly tosses in a reminder or two about Heller/Bruen to put the lower courts on notice...
  15. This is not good, it's not a case that helps us a bunch. All this case will do, if ruled in our favor, will whip up crap for anything after. IMO this is a lose, or lose more. Look at who pushed it to the SC.... JQ
  16. Your argument #4 is reminiscent of things we used to hear about fanny pack carry, when folks would sometimes insist that a lack of charges was itself evidence of enforcement because we couldn't show that the charges were dropped, or deserved but not imposed. Sometimes it's as simple as there being no charges. The rest of the things you mentioned are a result of voluntary compliance, not enforcement. You are assuming things about that compliance that may or may not be the case.
  17. That is if you get caught and the only way you get caught is doing something stupid. Disclaimer : I am not an attorney.
  18. I am going to disagree 1000% w/enforcement. 1. Are banned firearms being sold at local gun shops or being shipped in from online sales. NOPE. The law is ENFORCEMENT. 2. The State's immediate challenge of the Injunction: (which won) froze sales, put almost all sales in limbo, and cost FFL Dealers thousands of dollars in return shipping cost, refunds, credit card fees, and down right p*****-OFF CUSTOMERS. ENFORCEMENT SUCCESSFUL. 3. Because of vague interpretions of PICA, more firearms & accessories are being banned than needs to be. ENFORCEMENT has flourished. 4. Now, if you meant criminal charges, who has direct knowledge of traffic/criminal stops where the person was in violation of PICA and NOT charged?
  19. On iPhone but should be same or similar. Tap on current month/year(pic 1) and a drop down should appear(pic 2) Once you’ve selected the correct month/year, tap on the month/year again and it’ll take you back to specific day/date
  20. The Supreme Court grants certiorari and will hear this case... Keep in mind it was the Biden administration that requested the Supreme Court hear it... https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2024/04/22/scotus-grants-cert-to-atf-ghost-gun-rule-n1224606
  21. I have an Android phone (Pixel) and every time I go to enter my DOB a calendar pops up with the current date. How do you enter a date with out having to scroll back through months and years to get back to the olden days?
  22. I will LMAO if Hunter is the guy that finally gets this stupid question off of the 4473
  23. Not to stray too far off topic, but it isn't just that they haven't enforced it. They found out they have no reasonable way to enforce it. And it's not just the sheriffs. Municipal chiefs are quietly avoiding it. Even ISP, when they got done making rules that tried to make the statute workable, didn't bother with the public outreach campaign mandated in the law. They passed this with the expectation of obedience. They achieved, from many gun owners, irrelevance. They are wondering at this point what they can actually pass going forward, that won't be ignored. They are wondering if anything else is being ignored. With no encouragement from anyone, they've been given a huge grass roots wake up call. When you look at the overall picture I think there are some victories to be found. Defining that only in terms of injunctions is short sighted.
  24. I have to admit that it's kind of nice to be in a win-win position when it comes to firearms and the legal system. I'm still pretty sure they'll find a way to cheat.
  1. Load more activity