Photo

Ryan Will Not Let Congress Touch Reciprocity

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 17,362 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

http://www.breitbart...ed-reciprocity/

GOP Rep: Paul Ryan Will Not Let Congress Touch Concealed Carry Reciprocity

by AWR HAWKINS   8 Sep 2017

During the September 7 of Armed American Radio with Mark Walters, Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) said his concealed carry legislation is stalled because Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) does not want Congress to touch it.
Massie continued, “Listen, I was no fan of [Speaker] John Boehner, but even under John Boehner, I was allowed to offer an amendment to the DC Appropriations Bill to defund all their gun control laws.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#2 THE KING

• Members
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

What the hey!!!

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#3 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,287 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:43 PM

Thanks Mauser that really helps my blood pressure. :)
NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#4 Black Flag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:17 PM

He's from Wisconsin, right?

♫ ♪   

Rekall, Rekall Rekall

Posted Image

#5 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

Those darn democrats!

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#6 OldMarineVet

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

I'm guessing Paul Ryan won't be the Speaker of the House much longer (thanks to President Trump.)

#7 Nanook

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:53 PM

What does the president have to do, to perform a "weaselectomy" and be rid of this RINO? 

I don't know how it's done, other than to vote him out so he can find honest work. 

#8 DonP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:27 PM

Ryan and McConnell aren't long for their offices at this rate.

They failed dismally on healthcare and are screwing around now with immigration, the tax cuts and new tax rates.

Ryan lies to our face "the busiest and most productive House in the modern era".

McConnell make excuses about; "The new President doesn't understand how things get done here". 

That's easy, they don't get done Mitch, because you don't do s***.  All you do is make excuses and have expensive dinners and trips with lobbyists.

Paul, we don't give a crap about how many bills you passed naming "April 7th National Crunchy Peanut Butter Day"!  Do what we voted for or get out.

That's not what we voted for Mitch and you and your buddy Paul are in the way, so it's time to retire.  Tell Elaine to pack her bags too and go fishing for a few years.

#9 tnertb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

Well that is one way to end your career. 

#10 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:04 PM

How much more proof is needed to show that the R party and the D party are really the same party?  

#11 Elderberry

• Members
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

I keep having this thought that the President will get so disgusted with the republicans that he will return to being a democrat and facebook will look like a slaughter house from all the exploding heads of those who spend so much time demeaning him....   :frantics: 

I'll put something clever and witty here when I think of something.........

NRA, ISRA, SAF... Vet.. Former LEO... Current Illinois Concealed Carry Permit Holder....

#12 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 17,362 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:23 PM

What if he starts a third party that 1/2 the R's and 1/2 the D's join?

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#13 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:40 PM

The largest voting bloc is "not R or D" independent types.   If this new party stands for what they believe, it will be our next majority party.

The next question would be "Will the R or D party become the extinct Whig party?"

#14 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• 6,858 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Then that party would be the dominant party as every electoral vote would split 50/30/20 with the fringe right/left unable to ever pull a majority again.

#15 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

The largest voting bloc is "not R or D" independent types.   If this new party stands for what they believe, it will be our next majority party.

The next question would be "Will the R or D party become the extinct Whig party?"

Considering the state of the Democrats at all levels of government, I'd say them.
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#16 GTX63

• Members
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:46 AM

What is going to spell those country club Rs doom is Trump giving them the  long finger and working with the Democrats. Party loyalty is not showing to be his top priority; getting stuff done is. When mid terms roll around and the folks in these do nothing senator's home states get into the booths, they better watch out. In fact, I expect, if this continues, to start seeing a lot of oldy but goody seats getting strong competition.

#17 OldMarineVet

• 2,069 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:09 AM

What does the president have to do, to perform a "weaselectomy" and be rid of this RINO? 

I don't know how it's done, other than to vote him out so he can find honest work.

I think Ryan's downfall is in the works.

In a meeting with Ryan, McConnell, Pelosi, and Schummer...President Trump cut a deal with Pelosi/Schummer instead of Ryan to 1) approve Harvey and  some Irma funding and 2) cleared the legislative decks for tax reform (see link below) Big hit on Ryan's power. Big message to other Rino's.

https://www.cnbc.com...imit-raise.html

Edited by OldMarineVet, 09 September 2017 - 08:10 AM.

#18 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:10 PM

What does the president have to do, to perform a "weaselectomy" and be rid of this RINO?  I don't know how it's done, other than to vote him out so he can find honest work.

I think Ryan's downfall is in the works.In a meeting with Ryan, McConnell, Pelosi, and Schummer...President Trump cut a deal with Pelosi/Schummer instead of Ryan to 1) approve Harvey and  some Irma funding and 2) cleared the legislative decks for tax reform (see link below) Big hit on Ryan's power. Big message to other Rino's.https://www.cnbc.com...imit-raise.html

I'm also curious if Trump will also find a way to turn this against the Dems as well.
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#19 OldMarineVet

• 2,069 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:10 AM

Trump always seems to me to be a few steps ahead of all varieties of his "resistance." (starting with the first day of his campaign) He seems focused on getting his agenda done as soon as possible (in between some swamp drainage.)

Edited by OldMarineVet, 10 September 2017 - 07:14 AM.

#20 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:37 AM

Considering the state of the Democrats at all levels of government, I'd say them.

This would be great, but they're like cockroaches.  Since 1828, they've survived a lot of garbage. 

#21 Bosweep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

Ryan must have some serious skeletons in his closet.

Life Member: NRA, ISRA

Member CCRA

One State - One Law

"It is the manners and spirit of a people which preserve a republic in vigor. A degeneracy in these is a canker which soon eats to the heart of its laws and constitution."
--Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia Query 19, 1781

#22 Soutsidr

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

I'd like to see Trump offer an even trade: Passing the DREAM act in exchange for passing the existing National Reciprocity bill. The libs would foam at the mouth to get the Dream act pushed through, and if they decline, than THEY are the ones who failed at passing the bill. R's are off thr hook in the public eye.

#23 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 2,904 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:39 PM

This would be great, but they're like cockroaches.  Since 1828, they've survived a lot of garbage. 

Third parties aside, the Democratic Party used to be favored in the rural south and had a “small government” platform (which southern social conservatives embraced), and the Republican party used to be favored in the cities north and had a “big government” platform (which northern progressive liberals embraced). Today it is the opposite in many respects. 

Of course, back then, the Democrats were essentially what Republicans are today, and vice versa, due to platform changes resulting from Southern State political refutation of integration and the like after the Civil War up through the Civil Rights Movement era.

So, maybe they are more like some sort of parasite that changes due to the environment for survival, just like the Republicans. Both shifty-@ss parasites who leech off the population with the best interests of their inner cabal first and foremost in their priorities.

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#24 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,593 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:30 AM

So, maybe they are more like some sort of parasite that changes due to the environment for survival, just like the Republicans. Both shifty-@ss parasites who leech off the population with the best interests of their inner cabal first and foremost in their priorities.

That describes pretty much every politician (especially at the higher levels).  But while both parties do terrible things, the Democrats keep on taking more of my money and my freedoms away...  So they continue to be the worse of two evils

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#25 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:51 AM

Trump is the reason for the dying parties.  He really is neither party.  Ron Paul was just 25 years too early.

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#26 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:13 AM

Paul Ryan

white-rhino.jpeg-w300h199-e1391284020377

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#27 press1280

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:58 PM

I'd like to see Trump offer an even trade: Passing the DREAM act in exchange for passing the existing National Reciprocity bill. The libs would foam at the mouth to get the Dream act pushed through, and if they decline, than THEY are the ones who failed at passing the bill. R's are off thr hook in the public eye.

A good idea there, and red state Dem Senators up in 2018 will HAVE to vote for the package.

#28 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 6,379 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:02 AM

Call the Republican and Democratic Parties the "Uniparty" or "The Party of Job Security." Wonder if the bar has been set so low for so long that the goal was to make sure Americans don't vote them out of office en masse. "It'll be better in 2 years...no, 4...no, 6...no...." "Keep voting for me and I'll (insert empty campaign promise here)" then when the next election comes around, "Vote for me, I'll break the gridlock..." (no, you won't). They're sniveling little slimeballs who look you in the eye and tell you the Earth is flat (never mind that people still a believe the earth is flat) if that's why they think we wanna hear. Treat members of Congress like voluntary at will employees. In fact, treat them like 1099 independent contractors because of how little control that their "employers" (the People) have over the actions of Congress. At the very least, make it so they can be recalled. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#29 kwc

• 3,258 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:57 AM

Another article on this topic is posted here:

https://bearingarms....-due-paul-ryan/

Unfortunately, this author is very confused between Massie's D.C. recognition bill and Hudson's National Reciprocity bill.
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galations 6:9 (NIV)

"If you can't explain it to a six-year old, you don't understand it yourself." - Albert Einstein (paraphrased)

#30 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:35 AM

Paul Ryan is a worm, always has been. I have no idea how he got elected speaker.

I am confused, what are the "horrific events from Virgina" they speak of?

Edited by kevinmcc, 20 September 2017 - 01:38 AM.

Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users