Revoked FOID Lookup

FSA

Here we are propagandizing the anti's agenda again. I mean it's over inflated to make it look as bad as possible!

Are we here for or against the FOID Card?

Are we supporting the "Fix the FOID” statute?

Let me state I'm not for Domestic Violence or ANY other sort of crime. But the authorities should be handling that end.

We are behind the accounting of how many and where we buy our firearms?

Then the numbers again are an inflated best guesstimate of what MAY have been purchases.

They want to scare the populous with OMG How Many Guns Are In The Wild without ownership?

And the $**tbune wrote it so it's gospel, we will gladly pass it along, making it true as we stand for our rights to bear arms, correct?

There was just yesterday a post about the lurkers and the stuff that was being talked about HERE ending up as a change in the "Fix the FOID” amendments! I don't know if that was true, but larger post counts than mine were talking about and with knowledge of those things, I'll take it as possible.

1211 Revokes a year in Chicago.......their numbers!

1004 that didn't account for their firearms......how they know they didn't account, maybe they have family or friends? Isn't that an option?

755 times a NON-Compliant FOID Card holder made a SERIOUS purchase from a Federally Licensed Dealer....BEFORE they went NON-Compliant! So they bought legally and that's a stat?

So monthly we have in order:

100.9 revokes in Chicago per month

83.6 that aren't or didn't account for the firearms per month

62.9 times someone bought a firearm legally before losing their Permission Card.

Those numbers aren't over alarming, but they would be more in line with reporting the current situation at hand.

So stoop and think about some members here and the previous post about their personal buying habits, and the deals almost everyone has found and posted herein.

NOW, how many firearm legal purchases would have been made IF, one member here was to lose his or her FOID?

That alone could raise that last number to alarming levels, yes? No....it only means someone may or may not have been purchasing firearms for years and there is no record of them dumping them. So you guys buying more and more firearms beware, you’re the ones inflating these numbers....LOL

Mic Drop

Rant Off

I'm Out

It’s totally meaningless unless one knows the reason for revocation.

Someone has a FOID, Legally buys a couple guns and then moves out of state.

We now have 1 revoked FOID, 1 didn’t account for firearms (no legal requirement to do so - they are no longer subject to Illinois law) and multiple purchases before “losing” their FOID.

All completely legal, all completely in compliance with governing state and federal laws.

So their point is???

How about looking up all the violent felons in your town and imagine all of guns that are not/never will be accounted for by harassing otherwise lawful revoked foid holders...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

See it's not about the felons etc. Those types don't have registered and or otherwise “legal” firearms.

They don't follow the laws.....WE do, so we get hammered. Cause they know where we are and IF we have tried to purchase same.

Listen or Watch the news, CPD made another of their infamous sweeps of KNOWN felons, ALL on probation, some with outstanding warrants.

WHY you might ask? Well so they wont be on the streets this holiday weekend. They state that they KNOW these people already.

Which would lead me to believe that they know where they are.

But Tuesday afternoon most if not all will be back on the streets.

Want a better life, become a felon, you get the latest Nike's, Cool threads to wear, nice cars, and free food and houseing help!

Sorry, blah, blah, blah

Or as Elaine said: Yadda Yadda Yadda

If there is NO registration of firearms how do they know if one even owned one ?

They know FOID card had FTIP inquiry which I cant imagine why it would be done if not a purchase, but it does not mean a purchase was actually completed.

They know which FFL called in the FTIP.

Get the 4473 at dealer and complete the link.

If there is NO registration of firearms how do they know if one even owned one ?

They don't the best they can do is speculate based on the fact you have/had a FOID and if you ever purchased through a FF and had a FTIP (NICS) check or if your FOID was every validated using the online portal, but at the end of the day none of that info conclusively points to you owning a firearm, it's simply speculative.

A vast majority of the firearms I have purchased and sold over the years were done through private transfers with nothing more than a hand written bill of sale that is long past any law mandating any record be kept of said sale or buy. Same applies to any firearms I bought through FFLs many years ago, since I could legally sell them to anyone with a FOID and a simple bill of sale that is past any legal record keeping laws, there is no proof I still own any of those firearms either and I can't be compelled to prove it was sold as any mandated record keeping laws of the sale have lapsed.

There is also that whole issue with people that may have lived out of state at some point and bought and sold thier firearms while out of state.

There is no record keeping requirement for the purchase of a firearm.

No, but since there is for a sale there is a record created for the transaction, either way when I sold or bought firearms I always kept the reciept for myself (for a period of time) and it actually came in handy when a firearm I purchased was seized and claimed to be someone elses during an executed search warrant, I was able to prove ownership with said bill of sale and get the firearm returned and the charges were dropped against the individual they attempted to claim owned the gun. Of course that required a costly legal battle, but without the bill of sale showing the firearm ownership was in my name, I doubt the outcome would have been the same.

• 2 weeks later...

They know FOID card had FTIP inquiry which I cant imagine why it would be done if not a purchase, but it does not mean a purchase was actually completed.

They know which FFL called in the FTIP.

Get the 4473 at dealer and complete the link.

Ding! DING!! DING!!!

We’ve got a winnah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived