Walmart and Everytown: 11 years of a partnership

steveTA84

Fun fact: Walmart has assisted with proposed federal gun control policy way before all of this BS

https://ilwd4cr.home.blog/2019/09/05/walmart-a-corporation-that-has-been-in-bed-with-anti-2a-groups-for-over-a-decade/

By now we have all heard about Walmarts decision to stop selling handgun ammunition and certain calibers of rifle ammunition. They also have stopped allowing (by asking its customers not to) open carry in stores. On top of that, they began lobbying for red flag laws, universal background checks, and asked congress to re-examine the assault weapon ban. Many like myself thought that it is due to recent pressure being put on them by activists (both professional and grassroots). Well, that notion is wrong. This has been in the works for awhile. First, a link with Walmarts current actions:

What we’re seeing should raise alarms for everyone. It’s only going to get worse

More findings (added into article):

https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-americas-largest-gun-seller-hires-bloombergs-anti-gun-ad-agency-2013-5

Michael Bloomberg's campaign to promote gun-control may not have swayed many votes in Congress last month, but the $12 million TV and video effort was enough to impress marketing executives at Walmart.

The national retailer which claims to serve 60% of American shoppers each week, hired Lighthouse Group, the Florida-based agency responsible for producing recent Mayors Against Illegal Gun spots, to contribute Walmart's new multi-million dollar advertising campaign, Adage reports today.

The fact that the retail chain is the largest seller of guns in the country seems to be of no consequence to either the anti-gun agency or the gun-peddling discount department store. Walmart spokesperson David Tovar confirms that the Lighthouse Group will be retained on a project basis to collaborate on the brand's latest television and digital ads.

Politics aside, the Lighthouse Group's straightforward, real-people-speaking-to-camera approach that characterizes Bloomberg's gun-control spots appears to be the direction that Walmart is pursuing for its new "Real Walmart" campaign.

2012 (trying to get the NYC public on its side and get the city council to not side with (gasp) SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS)

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2012/04/inside-walmarts-slow-quiet-campaign-to-crack-new-york-city-067223?fbclid=IwAR3DhbXVabUBpkTXKQOK_0QNusDSiWmtr7qZs9nw_JIu6gxo5JQ7i1n3izE

And recently New Yorkers have found in their mailboxes fliers passionately making Walmart's case.

"Care about a sustainable future?," reads one. "So does Walmart!"

A handsome out-of-work carpenter is the star of another advertisement. In it, he hopes for the City Council to resist the urgings of "special interests" (revealed in another ad to be the grocery workers' union and city-based food retailers) because, as it reads, "I need a job;" the buildings workers unions have backed Walmart's expansion into New York City.

And then there's a pop quiz. Do you want (1) a Walmart in New York City or (2) fewer jobs, higher prices, and "your rights being taken away." Those who choose No. 1 are encouraged to join the company's "Community Action Network."

So now Walmart is lobbying Congress and the President to pass gun control to take our rights away under the direction/orders of Everytown, a special interest group......

Gonna have to find a new pharmacy . . . darn it.

That makes two of us. Strange thing is that now, as I transition from Medicaid to Medicare, I'm going to have to start paying for the one Rx I have to get. Go figure.

Gonna have to find a new pharmacy . . . darn it.

This needs to be spread around. Its fact (Walmart has been in bed with Bloomberg for over a decade). The 2A community should avoid Walmart at all costs.

Edit: thanks for the assist :)

Thanks for that tidbit. I didn't know (but ain't surprised!).

Archived