No Car or Drivers license

wallet113

Definitely uber, I used uber for the first time in October. My wife and I took an uber from the airport in Houston to a motel, then in the morning we took an uber from there to a restaurant, then to church, then to the pier for our cruise, total cost of the rides with uber was less then $63. We took a cab from the pier back to the airport, the ship was delayed and we were worried about not making our flight, cab ride was $100, it was a fixed rate set by the taxis and the pier. Uber is waaaay cheaper.

As the title states, I don't own a car. Can anyone tell me how I can transport my pistol to the range/CC class?(don't have any friends that live in the same town as I do)

Put the unloaded pistol in case and have a FOID card.

It's not illegal for a customer to carry on an Uber, though it does violate company policy. The signs only have legal meaning on real property.

As the title states, I don't own a car. Can anyone tell me how I can transport my pistol to the range/CC class?(don't have any friends that live in the same town as I do)

Put the unloaded pistol in case and have a FOID card.

It's not illegal for a customer to carry on an Uber, though it does violate company policy. The signs only have legal meaning on real property.

That's an interesting thought...

I wonder about cpz signs on ambulances as they're not real property even though they're under the authority of a unit of government.

• 2 months later...

Transporting a firearm without a car is the same as transporting one with a car. You put the unloaded gun in an enclosed case. You have a valid FOID. You carry it. The case could be a backpack, an actual gun case, a cardboard box, a tupperware container, etc.

You may go by taxi, train, bus, friend's car, Uber, Lyft, whatever. The only place you may not carry it on your person in this manner is in the secure area of an airport and probably some other federally-controlled properties (nuclear facilities, post office, courthouse, etc).

Archived