Pro 2A resolution - Archive

Ashdump

The will of the People! I Just talked to WJIL 1550 AM Jacksonville Illinois (Morgan County) radio talk show host Tim Megginson and have confirmed an interview (LIVE) for Friday at 9:ooam. Those in attendence will be Jim Logsdon (Brown County) Robert Kenady (Pike County) and myself. Better than that I just found out that the Chairman of Schyler County has agreed to put the Resolutioin on nest month's agenda.( Brian Peaks) I don't know his number but I think Mr. Peaks should get many phone calls of support and contact all the people in Schyler County that would support this effort. One County at a time We the People

Spoke with Pike Co. Board Chairman Scott Syrcle last night and he will email me their resolution to get that same thing started in Shelby county. When I get it, I'll email Ray and he can post it permanently. Will start working on this today, getting the board members behind it or at least the majority to get it passed then go to the next county working it like locusts. What do ya'll think? Anybody got any free time?

Mac

Mac,

I don't have free time, but I'll try to make some. I'm in Shelby, know a few folks, and know some others that know the right folks. Drop me an e-mail or PM with what I can do to help get this on the board agenda. With the grassroots ISRA movement here, we should be able to bring enough pressure to bear in the right places.

You folks are contagious!!! I've owned, shot, and loved guns all my life (backside of 50) and I've done more for the 2A in the last 2 weeks than ever before. Trying to stir up a few more!!

TimB

You folks are contagious!!! I've owned, shot, and loved guns all my life (backside of 50) and I've done more for the 2A in the last 2 weeks than ever before. Trying to stir up a few more!!

TimB

Excellent Tim. My commendations. Real salt-of-the-earth things going on here, and we are glad you're a part of it. All it takes is an awakening, and things just look different!

The guy who is trying to organize a petition drive to get the Madison County board to follow Brown and Pike Counties' example is setting up the petition with this site. Might be worth a look for folks in other counties.

I couldn't find the petition for Madison county. Has he put it up yet, or is he still in the process?

Sorry--I should have been more clear. The petition isn't up yet.

TimB

Tim, thanks for joining in. I'm glad to see more people getting involved all of the time. Glad to see your working on some other folks too. Apathy is why we have the problems we have in this screwed up state. Glad to see it being driven away! :Crying. =-(:

A bit more coverage (not exactly mainstream media, but it's something).

Illinois Country Says NO To Gun Control

The media was all a frenzy on the debate about gun control right after the VT killings cynically attempting to push their Constitutionally illegal gun banning ideas on a grieving public. But one Illinois County has bravely decided to make moves to protect their 2nd Amendment rights with action by the County Board.

The Pike County Board has adopted a resolution that will oppose any sort of gun control measures that infringe on the right to keep and bear arms adopted by the state of Illinois. A brave move in a state controlled by a gun grabbing, extreme left leaning Democrat Party orchestrated by a Mafia infested Chicago mayor who lately moves the State legislature around like a chess player.

Mayor Daley has been trying to manufacture gun banning laws for decades, but had been stymied by a state legislature with enough Republicans in it to throw a monkey wrench into his anti-Constitutional plans. But, since the 2006 election, the state has fallen under the spell of the Democrat Party that easily controls all aspects of the state. And Daley controls the Democrat Party, for the most part, as nearly all the members of state government in key positions are from Daley's old Chicago cabal.

Pike County is apparently afraid of what this Democrat controlled government will try to do now that the state GOP has made themselves utterly ineffective. In a 7 to 2 vote, the County Board passed the resolution that will be forwarded onto the state government in Springfield and the rest of Illinois' County governments.

Perhaps it is catching on as neighboring Brown County has already adopted a similar resolution.

The Board overwhelmingly stated that they had become afraid that new gun grabbing legislation being proposed in the state capital would threaten their Constitutional rights. And in a County that depends on the hunting industry to bring in a much needed stream of revenue, the new ideas floating about the state legislature is a danger to the County. Not to mention the sheer unconstitutionality of it all.

"What we are trying to do here is protect rights we already have," said board member Robert Kenady.

Pike-Adams Sportsmen's Alliance President Richard Metcalf said, "This is about freedom. This is not a political issue. I'm not here as a conservative, a liberal. You're not here as a Republican, a Democrat. We're here as Americans."

So, good for Pike County. Let's hope that enough other Illinois Counties stand up for their Constitutional and natural rights that Mayor Daley is stymied in his illicit efforts once again.

I need your help: Our cause has been heard across the United States. Rural America is tired of being ruled from a-far and We the People are doing something about it. Derry Brownfield Common Sense Network is heard across America and focuses on rural areas of the United States and issues that effect them. I feel that if We the People in order to succeed we must target Rural America and this is a good way to get out the message.

In April Pike and Brown county Illinois said no to the Illinois Legislature.

The people of Pike and Brown County, Illinois do hereby oppose the enactment of any Legislation that would infringe upon the Rights of the People to keep and bear arms and consider such laws to be unconstitutional and beyond lawful legislative authority

Since that day in history County Board's across America are getting calls from there citizens to sign on to this Resolution. I have contacted the Derry Brownfield Network and requested an Interview and as of this date all I have got was a that's great.

As politicians know how to count, so do radio talk shows.

Please call Derry Brownfield Network at 573-893-8255 or email at <brownfieldnetwork@learfield.com> and request that Mark Mountain and Jim Logsdon be a guest on Derry Brownfield network. If we the people are to succeed we must join in the fight and spread the word. Thankyou for your time.

I need your help: Our cause has been heard across the United States. Rural America is tired of being ruled from a-far and We the People are doing something about it. Derry Brownfield Common Sense Network is heard across America and focuses on rural areas of the United States and issues that effect them. I feel that if We the People in order to succeed we must target Rural America and this is a good way to get out the message.

The people of Pike and Brown County, Illinois do hereby oppose the enactment of any Legislation that would infringe upon the Rights of the People to keep and bear arms and consider such laws to be unconstitutional and beyond lawful legislative authority

Since that day in history County Board's across America are getting calls from there citizens to sign on to this Resolution. I have contacted the Derry Brownfield Network and requested an Interview and as of this date all I have got was a that's great.

Please call Derry Brownfield Network at 573-893-8255 or email at <brownfieldnetwork@learfield.com> and request that Mark Mountain and Jim Logsdon be a guest on Derry Brownfield network. If we the people are to succeed we must join in the fight and spread the word. Thankyou for your time.

Sorry I gave the wrong email address the correct one is derrybrownfield@learfield.com

Please call Derry Brownfield Network at 573-893-8255 or email at <brownfieldnetwork@learfield.com> and request that Mark Mountain and Jim Logsdon be a guest on Derry Brownfield network.
Sorry I gave the wrong email address the correct one is derrybrownfield@learfield.com

Sent !

Thanks to all the phone calls and emails Derry has agreed to have Jim Logsdon, Dick Metcalf and I on his radio show on May 16Th, 2007 from 10a-11a Live! This is the target group of listeners that I feel we need to target. The fight against those who rule us from afar can be won if we the people unite and voice our opinion as a group. (County's) Again I thank you. One county at a time WE THE PEOPLE

The guy who is trying to organize a petition drive to get the Madison County board to follow Brown and Pike Counties' example is setting up the petition with this site. Might be worth a look for folks in other counties.

I couldn't find the petition for Madison county. Has he put it up yet, or is he still in the process?

Sorry--I should have been more clear. The petition isn't up yet.

any more developments on this petition - inquiring minds want to know . . .

Molly B.

I'm disappointed with GSL, although I was forewarned what the reaction would be.

Made a little spiel at the regular meeting last night about approaching the Champaign Co Board. The reaction was, "Don't waste your time!" Out of approximately 80 people, !1 said he would help give it a shot. (pun) Got an email today from one other that also wants to try.

Crap! The old adage, "You can't score without the ball" does apply! So, we three it shall be, but I bet I can gain others with a hellova lot more influence than me! They just don't go to GSL meetings!

Smersh:

I have emailed these questions to one of the directors (themost outspoken):

Has there been some attempt in the past by GSL to present a similar resolution to the CCB?

Has there been an attempt at some other firearm related proposal that has caused this discouragement?

Is it a matter of the makeup of the Board and its stand on other non-firearms related issues?

I would like to know, as I have a few other folks that are going to help with this, and a few others I intend to contact that might have some influence...unless they have the same outlook as GSL! "Don't bother!"

45:

They feel it's useless to try.

I told 'em that it's a sure thing it won't happen if the attempt isn't made! Just sit back and bi#$%!

yeah, kind of speaks volumes...I can't say much, I don't know a whole lot about the organization, it was my second meeting, but that's one of three major statements I've seen, one being the Burmashave signs, the second being shooting blanks at the 4th of July parade and then no hands going up at the meeting for something a little out of the comfort zone. Of course I had to think about what I'd be getting myself into if raised my hand - lol - so maybe everyone else was thinking the same thing? So that's posting signs, shooting blanks but no initiative to try and do something that really goes against the grain of the establishment of PC America. How many years can you beat your head against the wall through conventional channels (letters, calls) before realizing it may take something else, especially when we're one of the last two states that refuses carry to citizens outright and when the political picture is just getting darker and darker. When we had four years of Blago and no one seemed to care that he's been taking this state down an ominous path and re-electing him. Oi.

Maybe after we've made some headway and come up with a structured framework for people to get involved with we can get them to publish another call to arms as it were in the Gun News. Like I said, when you raised the proposal it took me a second to process what it was that I would have to do to be involved, it's hard to volunteer when you don't know where you'll fit in. At least that's how it is for me.

I'm disappointed with GSL, although I was forewarned what the reaction would be.

Made a little spiel at the regular meeting last night about approaching the Champaign Co Board. The reaction was, "Don't waste your time!" Out of approximately 80 people, !1 said he would help give it a shot. (pun) Got an email today from one other that also wants to try.

Crap! The old adage, "You can't score without the ball" does apply! So, we three it shall be, but I bet I can gain others with a hellova lot more influence than me! They just don't go to GSL meetings!

yeah, kind of speaks volumes...I can't say much, I don't know a whole lot about the organization, it was my second meeting, but that's one of three major statements I've seen, one being the Burmashave signs, the second being shooting blanks at the 4th of July parade and then no hands going up at the meeting for something a little out of the comfort zone. Of course I had to think about what I'd be getting myself into if raised my hand - lol - so maybe everyone else was thinking the same thing? So that's posting signs, shooting blanks but no initiative to try and do something that really goes against the grain of the establishment of PC America. How many years can you beat your head against the wall through conventional channels (letters, calls) before realizing it may take something else, especially when we're one of the last two states that refuses carry to citizens outright and when the political picture is just getting darker and darker. When we had four years of Blago and no one seemed to care that he's been taking this state down an ominous path and re-electing him. Oi.

Maybe after we've made some headway and come up with a structured framework for people to get involved with we can get them to publish another call to arms as it were in the Gun News. Like I said, when you raised the proposal it took me a second to process what it was that I would have to do to be involved, it's hard to volunteer when you don't know where you'll fit in. At least that's how it is for me.

I will help, get me on a radio station in your area and whoever is trying to organize this effort call me 217-491-0258. we the people means WE THE PEOPLE not the few.

I'm disappointed too :rolleyes: Do these people think IGOLD is the big crapshoot, and then that's it? We just go on home and consider our work done? Maybe next meeting you need to ask the question to those at the meeting why they are there? Is it just a place to kill a Tuesday evening, or are they serious about what GSL stands for? Meeting are nice to sit around and shoot the breeze with your buddies, but they need to also be launch pads for new strategies. I'm really disappointed with the group, I expect more from them. Look where apathy has gotten us to date :thumbsup:

Archived