• Supporting Members Team
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:21 AM

Dec 23 applied for FOID

Dec 24 payment processed through bank

Feb 13 Still under review (day 52)

Using inspect trick;

"QC_VERIFIED">under review<

I think it has been under QC_VERIFIED for at least a week or so now, cant remember when I first checked. If it is going to get denied due to background, fine, let it get denied so I can appeal. If not lets get moving :)

Tried to call everyday multiple times, have yet to talk to someone other than a recording.

Edited by chrisjj, 13 February 2017 - 11:28 AM.

#32 chrisjj

• 43 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:00 AM

02/16/2017 Denied. I guess next step is to start appeal process.

#33 chrisjj

• 43 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:27 PM

Request for FOID appeal, I checked the box that says "I am requesting relief from the firearm prohibitor _____________, for which my FOID card/application was revoked/denied.

Question what goes in space? Should it be Illinois State Police? (It was a non-forcible felony)

#34 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,184 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:09 PM

Request for FOID appeal, I checked the box that says "I am requesting relief from the firearm prohibitor _____________, for which my FOID card/application was revoked/denied.

Question what goes in space? Should it be Illinois State Police? (It was a non-forcible felony)

You should list the reason they gave you in the denial notice.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#35 chrisjj

• 43 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:12 AM

Gotcha, Im assuming denial notice should be in the mailbox in a few days. Thanks again

#36 chrisjj

• 43 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:15 AM

Denial Letter

#37 chrisjj

• 43 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:18 AM

Copy of denial letter

Attached Files

#38 chrisjj

• 43 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

I have my statement finished and in-process of getting three letters of character reference.

Question #1

Should I include documentation to prove what I say in statement; college transcripts, proof of employment, and volunteering records?

Question #2

How long/.brief should character reference letters need to be? My references don't care either way but don't want to be to brief nor too verbose.

#39 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,184 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

I have my statement finished and in-process of getting three letters of character reference.

Question #1

Should I include documentation to prove what I say in statement; college transcripts, proof of employment, and volunteering records?

Question #2

How long/.brief should character reference letters need to be? My references don't care either way but don't want to be to brief nor too verbose.

#1 - Yes.

#2 - long enough to include how long they have known you, in what capacity, and their testimony about your character and a statement that they believe you to be a responsible, law abiding person now who is not a threat to society and not a danger to self or others.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users