Negligent Discharge Eagle Sports

TomC727

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like a nice place, has anyone been there?

I've been there a few times. It's a shiny, clean, brand new, well lit, state of the art range and store. Complete with over-priced product (guns, ammo, accessories), sales people who can't tell single action from double action or a P226 from a P229 but are happy to tell you why a Glock is better than everything else in the store while being completely unable to remove the bolt from a Savage Axis II rifle.

If you go to the rifle range more times than not the RSO will disappear while the dude bros two lanes over from you will load and unload their rifle behind you and then pose for pictures. When they're done with that they'll pull out their pistol and shoot their pistol on the rifle range.

If you go to the pistol range the RSO there will come up and bother you while you're doing drills to ask if you're military or law enforcement so that he can tell you the controlled pairs you're shooting are rapid fire and you're not allowed to rapid fire unless you're military or LEO.Don't even bother trying to explain the difference because he will just ask you to leave. He also has a magnet handy to check your ammo when he says he saw your bullets cause a spark on the backstop because all steel cased ammo is the same as steel core ammo.

It sounds like a nice place, has anyone been there?

I've been there a few times. It's a shiny, clean, brand new, well lit, state of the art range and store. Complete with over-priced product (guns, ammo, accessories), sales people who can't tell single action from double action or a P226 from a P229 but are happy to tell you why a Glock is better than everything else in the store while being completely unable to remove the bolt from a Savage Axis II rifle.

If you go to the rifle range more times than not the RSO will disappear while the dude bros two lanes over from you will load and unload their rifle behind you and then pose for pictures. When they're done with that they'll pull out their pistol and shoot their pistol on the rifle range.

If you go to the pistol range the RSO there will come up and bother you while you're doing drills to ask if you're military or law enforcement so that he can tell you the controlled pairs you're shooting are rapid fire and you're not allowed to rapid fire unless you're military or LEO.Don't even bother trying to explain the difference because he will just ask you to leave. He also has a magnet handy to check your ammo when he says he saw your bullets cause a spark on the backstop because all steel cased ammo is the same as steel core ammo.

WOW :ermm:

2 lb match grade trigger mod on a striker fired gun used for appendix carry......what could go wrong :frantics:

When I read posts of people who criticize the DAO triggers on Kahrs or similar guns and talk about the trigger kit they installed on their EDC that "breaks like glass" I just think "whooooo bouy..."

2 lb match grade trigger mod on a striker fired gun used for appendix carry......what could go wrong :frantics:

When I read posts of people who criticize the DAO triggers on Kahrs or similar guns and talk about the trigger kit they installed on their EDC that "breaks like glass" I just think "whooooo bouy..."

these kids on youtube constantly carrying on about "muh gritty trigger" make no sense to me......just practice with the thing already :rolleyes:

these kids on youtube constantly carrying on about "muh gritty trigger" make no sense to me......just practice with the thing already :rolleyes:

I'm with these guys. ^

They've had at least 6 N/D's there since they opened last year. The people working there are clueless and dangerous and now they have full-auto.

Just a matter of time before someone gets killed. The mope that shot himself is an NRA instructor and teaches their CC classes in a good broken English!

It's funny how they scrub any negative "(anti) social media comments!

I'm with these guys. ^

yeah I just got a brand new gen3 glock19 yesterday(my 1st glock) and I dont know what these kids are talking about at all. The trigger break&reset feel really good to me(no "grittiness" or "sponginess" at all). I think they need to work on their fundamentals and stop whining. Heck it almost feels as good as my AMT hardballer 1911 that has had a trigger job done on it.

Curiously, there is no mention of it on their facebook page.

They took their facebook page down for a couple days after this occurred.

This is truth. We all like a nice smooth trigger, but ultimately our body will become accustomed to what ever we are shooting, so long as we shoot it enough to build muscle memory.

I don't mind a long heavy trigger pull. I did like my original Ruger LC9 loooong trigger pull. I did not like it's reset though.

Curiously, there is no mention of it on their facebook page.

They took their facebook page down for a couple days after this occurred.

I'm shocked ;-)

Their FB page was back up at the time this thread was made. They must have taken it down waiting for the publicity to blow over and then put it back up. They're back online advertising their full auto rentals and tactical classes and IDPA matches.

They've had at least 6 N/D's there since they opened last year. The people working there are clueless and dangerous and now they have full-auto.

Just a matter of time before someone gets killed. The mope that shot himself is an NRA instructor and teaches their CC classes in a good broken English!

Out of curiosity, how do you know they have had at least 6 N/Ds there?

I've been there, and I'd recommend it, this incident aside.

Probably via news reports like the one that reported this ND?

This is why, even though I haven’t made much use of it over the last two years, I do not regret joining a private club. My first couple of years at ASC I was going almost every weekend. The last couple I’ve not gone very much because of shooting in a match almost every Sunday. I just renewed for next year. What really concerns me is the fact that anyone can watch some YouTube videos and understand safety, and the fact that so many people seem to not understand it just reinforces the fact that if you think the average person is dumb, 50% of our population is dumber than that. That’s the only thing I dislike about 2A....it tends to attract meatheads.

Probably via news reports like the one that reported this ND?

Nope,This was the only incedent ever reported.So you;ve been there and recommend it, so?

I guess you weren't there when the gunsmith let loose a round out of an AR in the shop area?

Or last year on Police/Fire appreciation night, a Sargent was handed a loaded Ruger off the rental rack and promptly shot the display case! Be live or don't, I don't need nor care to explain how I know. This place is dangerous.

Nope,This was the only incedent ever reported.So you;ve been there and recommend it, so?

I guess you weren't there when the gunsmith let loose a round out of an AR in the shop area?

Or last year on Police/Fire appreciation night, a Sargent was handed a loaded Ruger off the rental rack and promptly shot the display case! Be live or don't, I don't need nor care to explain how I know. This place is dangerous.

Sounds like there is every reason not to go here.

Archived