Wait time for CCL at this point?

mathewg

• 2 weeks later...

oh hells yes.

08/20 - Applied (with prints)

08/28 - QC Verified

09/15 - Approved

09/25 - Active

I had some worry that some shenanigans from my college days may cause a delay, but happy to report that wasn't the case. I think I'll celebrate by going to buy a new carry gun since I have to wait for the card in the mail anyways. :frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I submitted my app, NO prints on 9/5/17. Shows QC Verified. When I took my class, the 'expert' on filling out applications said don't waste the money on the prints, as the times were not much longer. Seeing times in this thread, particularly of late, seems to bely that. Should I go and get them done, and add the number?

I would just wait. You're gonna be in 2 months now, whats another 30 days.

I submitted my app, NO prints on 9/5/17. Shows QC Verified. When I took my class, the 'expert' on filling out applications said don't waste the money on the prints, as the times were not much longer. Seeing times in this thread, particularly of late, seems to bely that. Should I go and get them done, and add the number?

Whichever way you go, keep us informed, it will be interesting to see the times.

Whichever way you go, keep us informed, it will be interesting to see the times.

I would just wait. You're gonna be in 2 months now, whats another 30 days.

I emailed ISPSB with the same question (figured try the email trick with a useful ?) and got back a snappy reply of:

You can Livescan fingerprints taken for ILCCL at anytime, but for the most

benefit they should be added at original point of application submission.

We don't always take the full time frame of 120 days.

Respectfully,

Illinois State Police

Firearms Services Bureau

Concealed Carry Unit

Well now you have upset someone. Don't be surprised if they go through your garbage cans.

Just kidding, they wanted your prints and it's probably sitting on someone's desk. I bet you have it by the end of November but YMMV.

Basically they are processing them so fast with prints that they are getting sent out a week after the 30 day objection period.

In the future don't listen to "experts".

OTOH w/o prints somebody in Belgium cant pull them up on IAFIS through Interpol.

So you have that going for you.

Interpol likely has them, as I did have both a Top Secret SIOP and Top Secret SCI clearances when I served, fingerprinted both times, so both the USAF and FBI has them.

Went and had em done tonight put the TCN moments ago. Might reply to that email to that effect.

Archived