Another victim of the dealer licensing act

Patriots & Tyrants

https://www.wibc.com/news/local-news/illinois-gun-laws-force-gun-store-owner-move-operation-indiana?utm_content=buffer800a9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR1sx8689ImrmyZ58QfnYNjNpTH83yKIqIxx7kkQ9LRTNzA_v6sqeusB1rs

The Lost Creek Trading Post has been a fixture in Marshall for the last 14 years.

But owner Bill Behnke tells the TribStar the passage of the Gun Dealer Licensing Act by the state's legislature would place additional regulations on independent businesses but not “big box” stores such as Walmart.

He also says he can't afford the higher fees to maintain his license to sell guns in Illinois. So he is planning to bring his operation to Indiana where the licensing fees are cheaper.

Some economists did a projection of how much the Dealer Licensing Act is going to cost Illinois in lost revenue, taxes, sales, and employee purchases from wages earned over the next 10 years and it is shocking and bleak. This includes businesses moving out of the state, people moving in order to keep their FFLs without the onerous restrictions, loss of jobs from closed or emigrated businesses, lost rents for retail locations, reduction in expenditures by shooters who did business with small FFLs who are now going to transfer their business to online or border state firearm sellers, and more.

All connected and ancillary monies could tally up to as much as $50 million removed from the Illinois economy by 2030.

Good job, Illinois legislature and J.B.! That's the way you fix that multi-billion-dollar pension shortfall!

Good job, Illinois legislature and J.B.! That's the way you fix that multi-billion-dollar pension shortfall!

Didn't you hear? Gambling and Marijuana are going to fix the state's fiscal problems! It's all Good!

...and increasing my gas tax .19 to .27 with yearly automatic increases requiring no change in law, raising my car registration $50, new taxes on parking, tobacco, etc. Yep, gonna fix it all while they give themselves a raise. Those many half hour sessions must be such a strain on them. /s

Didn't you hear? Gambling and Marijuana are going to fix the state's fiscal problems! It's all Good!

Wait, wasn't the lottery supposed to do that?

You mean someone in the gov't lied to us? Oh horrors!!!! Who would have thought that could happen?

Reading this thread gets me emotional (angry.. p$ssed.. WtH.. you get it).

Not once have I read any type of news article or even watched on TV when any type of "spending reduction" was looked at..

Like many.. I am being taxed out of my home and just can not wait to see what further "ideas" the politicians have to protect the "middle class".

As I typed this.. I also thought about JB caught "red handed" dinking around to skirt his "tax liability" on some property.. I actually checked it and it was indeed true and that penis (can't say "pr$ck") was still elected..

Barryware signing off! (F$ck!).. [i just broke my keyboard]..

I predict in 5 years there proposed graduated income tax will have gone from $250k to $30k wage earners....i will by then have moved out of this state

Exactly, people who make 250K will be the first to leave because they can afford to.

Then down it goes to 30K who are already getting the short end of the stick with gas tax and increased permission cards.

Any flat tax is a regressive tax.

I predict in 5 years there proposed graduated income tax will have gone from $250k to $30k wage earners....i will by then have moved out of this state

Exactly, people who make 250K will be the first to leave because they can afford to.

Then down it goes to 30K who are already getting the short end of the stick with gas tax and increased permission cards.

Come on. Just buy a Tesla and use your assigned security detail. It's easy.

LOL...

Yet, the idiots swallow it hook line and sinker, the pension liability alone is over $10K per illinois resident, that is a lot of dope and gambling liablilty per resident to even come close to breaking even with the skimmed taxes on gambling and marijuana. Plus it's Illinois, once the cronies get thier hands into the cookie jar there won't be anything left to pay down any debt, it will be handed out as faux entitlements. When will the stupid voters of this state wake up? Oh wait never mind that is probably why they legalized marijuana to start with to keep the voters asleep!

I wonder if the Federal Trade Commission would take up a case against the state for unfair state business law.

Not happening....in fact under graduated income tax proposal LLC corps would be exempt from the graduated tax....i know several realators who make over $200k between them...they are simply going to form a LLC and avoid the graduated tax...they are going to rape anybody making over $30k ($250k cutoff wont last but a few years) per year...see...madigan is pro business.....enjoy your state..we are moving

The lottery was strictly for schools

It is. But never did they say the lottery money would be in addition to the pre-existing funding. The lottery doesn't bring in nearly enough money to fund the schools, it's a fraction of that. So the reality is that the lottery money frees up money for all things not schools. The politicians did exactly as they said they'd do.

Anyone who has run into a garden variety elementary school teacher (or middle, or even high school depending on subject) knows that a LARGE percentage of them aren't qualified to teach anything. And that is why we see children smash into a mailbox, blame the mailbox. Hit a parked car and blame the parked car like that scene from 40 Year-Old Virgin..."that ****** came out of nowhere!" Abdication of personal responsibility. They're taught "it's someone else's fault" all through school. Shocker that they blame someone or something else.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Did anyone see JB signing bills on the news?

He looked like a little kid who just learned how to print in lowercase

or finally found the Happy Meal with the toy he wanted.

The problem for him is most of those bills were taxes on the citizens of IL.

Good going JB, I cant wait for the backlash.

You just raised taxes a bunch on the poor and middle class.

That's going to come back to bite you in 2022.

I know what the Lt. Governors job is know, handing him pens.

:devil: With luck, we won't have to wait that long. After all, "Jabba" is already under federal investigation ! :drool:

After all, "Jabba" is already under federal investigation ! :drool:
I'm a big fan of "JB the Hutt."The media seems to think it's because of his property taxes, but it ain't (can't be) for property tax fraud. That'd be state domain. FBI is more interested in...major financial crimes. And it's the whole effin' family who's under investigation. Remember, Penny was Obama's Secretary of Commerce and Trump wants to wipe Obama's name from the history books. Looks like he's gonna get his wish with what's going on now. Trump can't be indicted but Obama can be.Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Oh he'll try to claim Kenyan citizenship before this is all over but it won't matter as it will extradite rather than risk the wrath of Trump. Look at non-extradition countries and ones that won't extradite if the suspect will face the death penalty or extradite their own citizens. A lot of countries would be hard-pressed to not turn him over, given the gravity of his crimes. Then again a lot of countries played a role in all of this.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Come on guys... Clinton and Obama have nothing to do with Illinois Dealer Licensing.

Their time has long passed.

It's Trumps turn now.

Back of topic...

I posted my general thoughts about this situation on Facebook yesterday.

Only love so far.

If the new “Illinois Gun Dealer Licensing” law was intended to put Illinois based FFLs (Federal Firearms Licensees) out of business... it seems to be working. Numerous small shops in Illinois are closing their doors before the onerous new regulations take effect. Others are relocating to neighboring states. This includes FFLs who only repair and refinish guns and do not sell them.

Bargains may be found at some of these shops while they liquidate inventory before July 13. If you don’t have an FOID card already... don’t bother looking for these “going out of business“ bargains. Current wait times seem to be in excess of 90 days for a new FOID, which allows you to purchase guns and ammo subject only to all federal and state laws. In addition, every FOID card is run through the Illinois database EVERY DAY. Yes... we go through a background check EVERY DAY.

You would think this makes Illinois the safest gun state in the US. It does not... and the silly redundant Illinois Dealer License will not add a layer of security.

Illinois, my Home Sweet Silly Home!

*If you disagree with the thought of owning or using guns and are still curious... drop me a private note and we can do some basic safety and handling training and go target shooting. A working knowledge of firearms is a really good thing to have... and yet it’s not for everyone.

Come on guys... Clinton and Obama have nothing to do with Illinois Dealer Licensing.

Their time has long passed.

It's Trumps turn now.

Back of topic...

I posted my general thoughts about this situation on Facebook yesterday.

Only love so far.

If the new “Illinois Gun Dealer Licensing” law was intended to put Illinois based FFLs (Federal Firearms Licensees) out of business... it seems to be working. Numerous small shops in Illinois are closing their doors before the onerous new regulations take effect. Others are relocating to neighboring states. This includes FFLs who only repair and refinish guns and do not sell them.

Bargains may be found at some of these shops while they liquidate inventory before July 13. If you don’t have an FOID card already... don’t bother looking for these “going out of business“ bargains. Current wait times seem to be in excess of 90 days for a new FOID, which allows you to purchase guns and ammo subject only to all federal and state laws. In addition, every FOID card is run through the Illinois database EVERY DAY. Yes... we go through a background check EVERY DAY.

You would think this makes Illinois the safest gun state in the US. It does not... and the silly redundant Illinois Dealer License will not add a layer of security.

Illinois, my Home Sweet Silly Home!

*If you disagree with the thought of owning or using guns and are still curious... drop me a private note and we can do some basic safety and handling training and go target shooting. A working knowledge of firearms is a really good thing to have... and yet it’s not for everyone.

It's great that you posted that on Facebook.

The problem is don't be surprised if it gets you thrown off of Facebook.

While 100% completely true, it is pro 2A.

Pro 2A and Facebook? That could be trouble eventually.

Not worried.

I won't be kicked off.

I'm a known Liberal and Trendsetter :yes:

Not worried.

I won't be kicked off.

I'm a known Liberal and Trendsetter :yes:

And a Hop Stoopid man too, if I remember correctly. I imagine more than a few on Facebook bow as you walk past.

I've noticed quit a few pro-gun groups that seem to be living a happy life on Facebook, IllinoisCarry included. It probably depends on how you comport yourself. For example, staying on topic is often appreciated.

Archived