$200 a day - Election Judges needed

Molly B.

Notice received with request to post - could be an opportunity for someone looking for temporary

work.

URGENT: $200 a day - Election Judges needed IMMEDIATELY for Early Voting!

The Illinois GOP and the Republican Renaissance Group are working cooperatively to recruit 200

Election Judges for each of the Early Voting sites located in Cook County.

It has come to our attention that there are almost no Republican Election Judges for these locations

Early voting begins on October 11 and concludes on October 28th.

According to Illinois statutes, the Democrats and the Republicans are allowed two judges per polling

place. There are about 100 early voting locations in Chicago and Suburban Cook County.

Our mission is to recruit 200 judges by early next week. We need 200 by the end of the day on Sunday.

Below you will see the necessary information. Please note this role includes a daily pay of

$200.00. There are 16 to 20 days involved and the applicant must be available for each day.

Election Judges will be assigned as close as possible to their home. The locations are listed below.

Project Coordinator: Sharon Meroni

847-382-1100

ElectionJudges@aol.com

Twitter: ElectionJudges

Requirements:

1) US Citizen

2) Republican

3) Resident of Cook County

4) Registered to vote (or must register)

5) Able to speak and read English

6) Able to perform duties of an election judge. Training includes working on the electronic machines.

7) The pay is $200 a day.

8) Must be available October 11 - October 28 for the following:

9-5 Monday to Saturday

9-3 Sunday- Only some locations are open on Sunday

You will need to arrive early for set up and allow time to close up at night.

9) A training session will be held prior to October 11th. Election Judges must attend the training

and show competency.

10)This link provides information on the various early voting sites in Suburban Cook County.

http://www.cookcountyclerk.com/elections/earlyvoting/Pages/EarlyVotingLocations.aspx

This is the list of early voting sites for Chicago. http://www.chicagoelections.com/page.php?id=9

11) If someone is not available for all of the dates, they can register to be an alternate Election

Judge. Otherwise you must be available for the entire Early Voting program.

Election Judges interested in working on November 2nd are requested to let me know, ASAP. Election

Day Judges are not required to participate in the Early Voting program. These are separate

programs.

We urgently seek all the assistance we can get for this project!

Thank you and God Bless!

Sharon Meroni

847-382-1100

electionjudges@aol.com

Notice received with request to post - could be an opportunity for someone looking for temporary

work.

URGENT: $200 a day - Election Judges needed IMMEDIATELY for Early Voting!

The Illinois GOP and the Republican Renaissance Group are working cooperatively to recruit 200

Election Judges for each of the Early Voting sites located in Cook County.

It has come to our attention that there are almost no Republican Election Judges for these locations

Early voting begins on October 11 and concludes on October 28th.

According to Illinois statutes, the Democrats and the Republicans are allowed two judges per polling

place. There are about 100 early voting locations in Chicago and Suburban Cook County.

Our mission is to recruit 200 judges by early next week. We need 200 by the end of the day on Sunday.

Below you will see the necessary information. Please note this role includes a daily pay of

$200.00. There are 16 to 20 days involved and the applicant must be available for each day.

Election Judges will be assigned as close as possible to their home. The locations are listed below.

Project Coordinator: Sharon Meroni

847-382-1100

ElectionJudges@aol.com

Twitter: ElectionJudges

Requirements:

1) US Citizen

2) Republican

3) Resident of Cook County

4) Registered to vote (or must register)

5) Able to speak and read English

6) Able to perform duties of an election judge. Training includes working on the electronic machines.

7) The pay is $200 a day.

8) Must be available October 11 - October 28 for the following:

9-5 Monday to Saturday

9-3 Sunday- Only some locations are open on Sunday

You will need to arrive early for set up and allow time to close up at night.

9) A training session will be held prior to October 11th. Election Judges must attend the training

and show competency.

10)This link provides information on the various early voting sites in Suburban Cook County.

http://www.cookcountyclerk.com/elections/earlyvoting/Pages/EarlyVotingLocations.aspx

This is the list of early voting sites for Chicago. http://www.chicagoelections.com/page.php?id=9

11) If someone is not available for all of the dates, they can register to be an alternate Election

Judge. Otherwise you must be available for the entire Early Voting program.

Election Judges interested in working on November 2nd are requested to let me know, ASAP. Election

Day Judges are not required to participate in the Early Voting program. These are separate

programs.

We urgently seek all the assistance we can get for this project!

Thank you and God Bless!

Sharon Meroni

847-382-1100

electionjudges@aol.com

I got a notice in the mail that the election judge training in my county is on tuesday and wednesday. They have a session at 10 am on tuesday, and 6Pm and Wednesday at 1 pm and 6 pm. Training lasts 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Check with your County Clerk, take the training and get on a list of those willing to serve.

This is an opportunity for some republicans to help limit the voter fraud in Cook County. This should help us get Bill Brady in.

I filled out the application about two months ago or there-abouts, and sent it in.

I waited a couple weeks, didn't hear anything, so i called the office, and they said something about some official was due in the grab the stack and review the apps.

I still haven't heard anything, All I can hope is that many people have answered the call, and the needs were satisfied.

I filled out the application about two months ago or there-abouts, and sent it in.

I waited a couple weeks, didn't hear anything, so i called the office, and they said something about some official was due in the grab the stack and review the apps.

I still haven't heard anything, All I can hope is that many people have answered the call, and the needs were satisfied.

i'm more hoping it wasnt just some crap on the street pretending to be republican just to get the money...

i'm more hoping it wasnt just some crap on the street pretending to be republican just to get the money...

I hope you aren't saying that you had to send money with an application to be an election judge. Never heard of that. Though maybe in Chicago they charge republicans a fee to take an application and for democrats it is free. There is no fee for the election judge class either, at least not here.

BTW, The pay for an election judge here is $120, if you've taken the training within 2 years of the election, as I recall. I need to ask for a pay increase if they are paying $200 in Chicago.

If Molly B posted it you can count on it being legit, I do :thumbsup:

no i'm not doubting Molly... im just more worried that someone off the street who is gunna pretend to be a republican, but dont really have any care about voting, in the hopes to just get paid the money... thats what i ment lol...

i would volunteer i a heart beat.. but as it doesnt work with my work schedule i am un able to... i would be there if i could...

no i'm not doubting Molly... im just more worried that someone off the street who is gunna pretend to be a republican, but dont really have any care about voting, in the hopes to just get paid the money... thats what i ment lol...

i would volunteer i a heart beat.. but as it doesnt work with my work schedule i am un able to... i would be there if i could...

I'm not worried about impostors. I sent the application in this morning since I'm very close to 4 of the early vote places and one of the questions on the application was Township/District registered to vote in. It was made pretty plain that you pretty much had be a registered Republican and on the voter rolls for a while or a newly registered voter for consideration.

I'm not worried about impostors. I sent the application in this morning since I'm very close to 4 of the early vote places and one of the questions on the application was Township/District registered to vote in. It was made pretty plain that you pretty much had be a registered Republican and on the voter rolls for a while or a newly registered voter for consideration.

gotcha... just to many people out for a quick buck... ok back to your regularly scheduled program...

what are you talking about?????

people off the street taking money? huh?

there is an application, an address, an office, a review process, a training seminar, etc.

I think I can speak for most people who volunteer, go through the trouble of sending in the application, and in my case, make a whole-hearted attempt to volunteer for an election judge.....it's NOT about the money, in fact, being away from my work responsibilities is extremely difficult to maneuver. But November 2 is important.

I'm a little disappointed that my application was either rejected or that my services were not needed. I can only hope that it was due to an overwhelming response and the need for republican election judges was satisfied.

there is an application, an address, an office, a review process, a training seminar, etc.

I think I can speak for most people who volunteer, go through the trouble of sending in the application, and in my case, make a whole-hearted attempt to volunteer for an election judge.....it's NOT about the money, in fact, being away from my work responsibilities is extremely difficult to maneuver. But November 2 is important.

I'm a little disappointed that my application was either rejected or that my services were not needed. I can only hope that it was due to an overwhelming response and the need for republican election judges was satisfied.

+1 there. I haven't heard anything either but it's a bit of a disappointment. As of 9/29 I finally have time to work on things I consider important and nobody calls. Guess I'll just find another project to work on until I start my taxi service on 11/2.

+1 there. I haven't heard anything either but it's a bit of a disappointment. As of 9/29 I finally have time to work on things I consider important and nobody calls. Guess I'll just find another project to work on until I start my taxi service on 11/2.

There is probably a training seminar in your county this week. I went to a training session today. They had another one at 6 this evening. If your county clerks office is open you could call and ask them (could be posted on a website if they have one) when the training meetings are. You could go to one and then you'd have the training which is good for 2 years as I recall. You could do like I did last time and call the court house the a day or 2 before and say you'd like to work. I said they could call me the morning of the election. You might get a call at 6 am because someone got sick.

BTW, If someone really wants to serve as an election judge and works for an employer with 20 or more employees state law requires that they allow you the day off. They don't have to pay you of course.

Just recieved this e-mail:

Dear (Beezil)

Please forgive me for taking so long to get this to you. I needed to wait until the Chicago Board of Elections finalized the polling place assignments, which I just received this week.

Your Election Judge Assignment:

You are assigned to NOT YET ASSIGNED

Address:

You should have received your assignment and training dates from the Board of Elections by now. If not, you can call the Judges Department at 312-269-7984. The Board's Judge training is mandatory; mine is not

No wonder they're having trouble getting republican election judges.....

The CBE is seemingly disorganized and last-minute.

I do NOT have an assignment or training dates.

I am unsure if I can accommodate service on November 2nd this late in the game.

You don't register to vote as a Republican in Illinois or a Democrat for that matter. I guess they could say you weren't a Republican if you voted Democrat in the last primary. When you register to vote you don't choose a party to register with.

Archived