Photo

Basic Defensive Pistol Class at TriggerFarm® Range

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Johnlmiller

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

Next Weekend March 24th at 0900am until Noon, TriggerFarm® will be conducting a Basic Defensive Handgun Class. 

Cost is $50.00 USD

Essential Equipment,   A reputable handgun at least 3 magazines or more if you choose to use a handgun with lower capacity, magazine pouches and at least 350 rounds of ammo. Wear clothes that you don't mind getting a little dirt on and dress for the weather. 

Topics of the class. 

Review of safety and shooting fundamentals

Proper drawing from the holster and shooting techniques

Proper reloading techniques, speed vs, tactical 

multiple shot engagements 

Intro to shooting and moving

shooting from cover and concealment

shooting the challenge course. 

This class was designed as a follow up to the concealed carry class and a great way to keep your skills sharp, only 10 students per class only 6 slots left.  Call, email or visit the website for more info and to register for the class. 

815-955-6094

triggerfarm@gmail.com

triggerfarm.com 

#2 GeekDad

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

I'll be signing up again this year John, but not until it gets a little warmer. ;)

Probably more like May for Defensive and June for the Advanced.

NRA, ISRA, SAF, GOA, GSL

#3 AwkwardCarry

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:58 AM

So excited to find this. I'll hopefully be signing up for the April class if not the next month. I've really been looking for a proper class to take, been conceal carrying for a year now and all the other things I've found are hundreds of dollars and so infrequent they don't work around my schedule. 

#4 GeekDad

• 537 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:21 AM

So excited to find this. I'll hopefully be signing up for the April class if not the next month. I've really been looking for a proper class to take, been conceal carrying for a year now and all the other things I've found are hundreds of dollars and so infrequent they don't work around my schedule. 

You'll have a good time in the Defensive Class. John and John ;) are excellent instructors. I've been taking the Defensive class the past couple of years and will be taking it again this year. It's a great way to keep up skills. I use it as a good refresher for every spring.

Edited by GeekDad, 22 March 2018 - 08:21 AM.

NRA, ISRA, SAF, GOA, GSL

#5 AwkwardCarry

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

You'll have a good time in the Defensive Class. John and John ;) are excellent instructors. I've been taking the Defensive class the past couple of years and will be taking it again this year. It's a great way to keep up skills. I use it as a good refresher for every spring.

For a 3 hour class, do you really shoot through 300+ rounds? Seems like a lot for 3 hours. 

#6 spaceman spiff

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:27 PM

I'm interested in taking the basic and advanced defensive classes, I see that for the advanced defensive class the prerequisite says; "...having attended two prior Basic Defensive Handgun classes from TriggerFarm®"

Does that mean that one would have to take basic twice in order to take the advanced class?

NRA Life Member

ISRA Member

GOA Member

Aspiring Law Enforcement, Looking Forward to Taking the Oath to Uphold and Defend

#7 Chinto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

For a 3 hour class, do you really shoot through 300+ rounds? Seems like a lot for 3 hours. 

Yes you will.  Be sure to bring a good shooting gun.  I took the class last summer and fall - had a great time.  Planning on doing the advance class this year. 

#8 GeekDad

• 537 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

Yep. Lots of shooting. You'll love the last portion. I won't spoil the surprise.

NRA, ISRA, SAF, GOA, GSL

#9 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:31 PM

I was looking at this class too and was really questioning the 300+ rounds in 3 hours. That does seem like a lot. I have to wonder about the benefits and what they're teaching that you shoot so many rounds in short time.

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

#10 GeekDad

• 537 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:42 PM

I've taken the class twice and will be taking it again this spring. A good portion of the class is made up of various drills on paper followed by drills utilizing movement and various steel targets combined with a 9 hole. The last section run as a stage where two students can compete. The last challenge being a dueling tree.

This isn't for brand new shooters but for those who have at a minimum, a CCL.I've found it an excellent way to refresh my holster and draw skills. I see it as lots of guided practice with knowledgeable instructors. I didn't think 300 rounds in 3 hours was excessive, I honestly found it to be "Just Right" for me.

NRA, ISRA, SAF, GOA, GSL

#11 NRApistol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:25 PM

Sounds like a fun run and gun course.  A typical NRA PPOTH course is 14 hours long and only requires less than 250 rounds of ammo for a skilled shooter.  The NRA course is designed to develop muscle memory.  One of my students took the time to count, although he only fired less than 250 rounds he came out of the holster over 600 times.  Practice the skill you want to learn, if that`s run and gun, have at it.

NRA Training Counselor
Refuse to be a Victim Regional Counselor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users