What is at stake in this next Governor election

Ranger

https://capitolfax.com/2017/11/02/pritzker-unveils-criminal-justice-reform-plan/

I'm not a fan of Rauner. I was and I am now really, really disappointed in him. But... I would much rather have a Governor who consults with our people that with their people. From the 2nd amendment perspective, THAT is what is at stake.

Today, JB Pritkzer and Juliana Stratton outlined their plan for criminal justice reform at a speech and panel discussion at the DuSable Museum of African-American History. They were joined by Roseland Ceasefire Project Executive Director Bob Jackson, Director of NEIU’s Master of Social Work Program Dr. Troy Harden, Father Michael Pfleger of St. Sabina Church, and Enlace Chicago Executive Director Katya Nuques. Read the full plan here.

The proposal lays out what JB will do as governor to end mass incarceration, give communities the support they need to thrive, address gun violence and build a true system of justice through four key policies:

• 1. Legalize marijuana and modernize sentencing practices, especially for low level drug offenses.

2. Reduce recidivism by removing economic barriers to employment, affordable housing, human services, and family reunification.

3. Reform our juvenile justice system and end the criminalization of children.

4. Treat gun violence like a public health epidemic and make police more accountable to the communities they serve.

Unfortunately it's almost a certainty Pritkzer will be our next Governor, I'm putting in a write-in of "Illegal Alien" unless we get real GOP and not a RINO candidate.

He will certainly work to attack our 2nd and Indiana will probably already be Constitutional Carry.

I'm sure glad the fixed taxed rate is in our constitution otherwise a progressive tax would be in the first week, there's no way in ... they are going to crack open the IL constitution or unions/state employee's would be screaming bloody heck because everyone BUT them want that nonsense fixed. Democrats are so afraid they won't even make a change for new workers to start alleviating the problem.

with permanent dem control of both chambers, giving the governor's office to a liberal/progressive dem guarantees we will have to fight harder to keep what we have and any chance of gaining any ground is lost. period.

With rauner, as bad as he might be, we atleast have somebody in the governor's office that might listen to our side and veto the antigun garbage the other side wants.

If/When Pritzker wins I am out of here, I might just jump the border and deal with a commute, I might relocate for good. I have had a good job offer I turned down now in Georgia as well as in Australia, I gotta be nuts for staying here if that Madigan cronie wins because out taxes will go up while our rights evaporate.

• 1. Legalize marijuana and modernize sentencing practices, especially for low level drug offenses.

2. Reduce recidivism by removing economic barriers to employment, affordable housing, human services, and family reunification.

3. Reform our juvenile justice system and end the criminalization of children.

4. Treat gun violence like a public health epidemic and make police more accountable to the communities they serve.

Modernize sentencing means more fines, more supervision, more probation for those that don't pay fines and don't care about 2nd chances.

What economic barriers exactly are there to family reunification? The current system promotes broken families.

5 teenagers throwing 6-20lb rocks from an overpass and killing a man; who criminalized them?

Ah, there it is... "guns". How about treating violence like a PHE and make neighbors, family and co workers for accountable to the communities they serve?

Illinois is a ship listing from a hull filling with water. Rauner is doing little more than putting as many fingers as he can into the holes. A Democratic Governor will open the hatch upon entry and leave it open and then comes the end.

My fear is that the window for exiting this state with more than the shirt on my back is closing. Property values stagnant, property taxes rising, slowing housing market, stagnant job growth, little new business and statewide flight, and the new admins solution will be more of the same. Much more.

with permanent dem control of both chambers, giving the governor's office to a liberal/progressive dem guarantees we will have to fight harder to keep what we have and any chance of gaining any ground is lost. period.

With rauner, as bad as he might be, we atleast have somebody in the governor's office that might listen to our side and veto the antigun garbage the other side wants.

This is something I believe people are just going to have to agree to disagree on.

When Illinois became the 2nd Sanctuary state I was done with Rauner and he's done nothing since to change his RINO reputation.

Unfortunately it's almost a certainty Pritkzer will be our next Governor, I'm putting in a write-in of "Illegal Alien" unless we get real GOP and not a RINO candidate.

He will certainly work to attack our 2nd and Indiana will probably already be Constitutional Carry.

I'm sure glad the fixed taxed rate is in our constitution otherwise a progressive tax would be in the first week, there's no way in ... they are going to crack open the IL constitution or unions/state employee's would be screaming bloody heck because everyone BUT them want that nonsense fixed. Democrats are so afraid they won't even make a change for new workers to start alleviating the problem.

If you write in instead if voting for the Republican candidate, you are doing your part to hand our 2A rights to Pritzjer, plain and simple. A protest vote does us far more harm than good with so much at stake.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Meh...that's the basic democratic playbook these days sounds like. Let all the criminals out on the streets as fast as possible so they can keep terrorizing people. Ban all the things, especially the evil guns. Let the social service dollars flow and tax the heck out of everyone to pay for it.

The only part of their platform I agree with is decriminalizing / legalizing marijuana. That was always a stupid law to begin with. All it ever did was help gangs earn money and clog up the legal system with nonsense.

The state of IL is definitely on the brink these days that's for sure....It won't take much to push us into Leftist retardation and join the ranks of states like California, New York etc.

And sadly that sounds like that's exactly the plan the Democrats have for us. A final solution as it were ......

If you write in instead if voting for the Republican candidate, you are doing your part to hand our 2A rights to Pritzjer, plain and simple. A protest vote does us far more harm than good with so much at stake.

+1. The primary is the time to vote your conscious. The General election is the time to vote for the lesser of two evils, if it comes to that. Anyone who is conservative or libertarian who does not vote for Rauner hands the election that much more quickly to Pritzker. And Pritzker will be very soft on criminals (e.g. the "children" who commit rape, murder, aggravated assault, and more) and will be very hard on gun-owners (doing everything possible to make it expensive and difficult to be a legal gun owner.) I beg of you to please reconsider handing your vote to him...

+1. The primary is the time to vote your conscious. The General election is the time to vote for the lesser of two evils, if it comes to that. Anyone who is conservative or libertarian who does not vote for Rauner hands the election that much more quickly to Pritzker. And Pritzker will be very soft on criminals (e.g. the "children" who commit rape, murder, aggravated assault, and more) and will be very hard on gun-owners (doing everything possible to make it expensive and difficult to be a legal gun owner.) I beg of you to please reconsider handing your vote to him...

I will still vote GOP even though I dont live in any of the 4 of 102 counties that Pat Quinn won in 2010 :sick:

I realize this is a 2A forum but I believe the right to life supersedes the right to bear arms. I cannot vote for the man who signed the taxpayer-funded abortion into law (HB 40).

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/452275/bruce-rauner-medicaid-funded-abortion-political-betrayal-suicide

And the alternative is better on this issue because.....?

I realize this is a 2A forum but I believe the right to life supersedes the right to bear arms. I cannot vote for the man who signed the taxpayer-funded abortion into law (HB 40).

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/452275/bruce-rauner-medicaid-funded-abortion-political-betrayal-suicide

And the alternative is better on this issue because.....?

You are assuming the alternative is a Democrat. And yes, I have heard it before, "A vote for a third party is a vote for the Democrat."

Meh...that's the basic democratic playbook these days sounds like. Let all the criminals out on the streets as fast as possible so they can keep terrorizing people. Ban all the things, especially the evil guns. Let the social service dollars flow and tax the heck out of everyone to pay for it.

The only part of their platform I agree with is decriminalizing / legalizing marijuana. That was always a stupid law to begin with. All it ever did was help gangs earn money and clog up the legal system with nonsense.

The state of IL is definitely on the brink these days that's for sure....It won't take much to push us into Leftist retardation and join the ranks of states like California, New York etc.

And sadly that sounds like that's exactly the plan the Democrats have for us. A final solution as it were ......

The Curley Effect.

No, not nyuk nyuk nyuk.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhendrickson/2012/05/31/president-obamas-wealth-destroying-goal-taking-the-curley-effect-nationwide/#5e42468c3d75

Legalize marijuana? Yes please.

Afterwards we can work on legalizing prostitution.

Looking at the GA in IL, I would have thought it was legal already. The second thing, that is.

What's the difference between a prostitute and politician? The prostitute actually fulfills her (or his) promise.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

If/When Pritzker wins I am out of here, I might just jump the border and deal with a commute, I might relocate for good. I have had a good job offer I turned down now in Georgia as well as in Australia, I gotta be nuts for staying here if that Madigan cronie wins because out taxes will go up while our rights evaporate.

We are thinking along the same lines P&T. The problem I have is an aging parent that is adamant about not leaving their house until there is a tag on their foot. Unfortunately, with the firearms I have, I may HAVE to get out to avoid having them "stolen" by the state.

How about we re-introduce the death penalty and get rid of some of the "overburden" in the prisons? Instead of slapping these perps on the wrist (figuratively speaking) and letting them go, make prisons into the hellholes they should be so the offenders never want to come back.

Im a state employee thats forced to pay a union. No one that I work with if happy with the current state of the state

Hi,

What's at stake is the last smidgen of resistance -- the remaining small chance to reverse the slide into total failure of responsible governance.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

Pretty much. Even if it is a pipe dream. They can only pull off these accounting gimmicks for so long before the house of cards collapses. I see all of these comments about possible bankruptcy protection for states, with Illinois pensioners remarking that Illinois shouldn't be able to get out of its pension obligations and to just "raise taxes on the rich" to shore up the pension funds. Pfft they could take every penny from every man, woman, and child in this state, and it wouldn't come close to stopping the bleeding. These retirees will end up getting nothing. It'll be "Take 10 cents on the dollar now, or zero after we default and repudiate the debt."

If/when Pritzker gets in, Madigan will continue his agenda (hide the "truth" about Illinois' horrendous financial position) and Pritzker will simply act as though he is so ignorant that simple mathematics is a foreign concept. They've already kicked the can down the road, past the road closed sign, and into the cow pasture that's between the end of the road and the 10k ft high cliff. They'll finish us off when they kick it off the cliff. Meanwhile, they'll act as though guns are the problem, legislating more nanny state nonsense, and going about business as usual (what pension crisis?).

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Every time I hear that Tax the rich line it reminds me of a famous quote:

From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.

Look how well its working in Venezuela, Cuba, North Korea etc.

In practice, it is from each according to his abilities, to each crony according to his wants and desires. Ordinary people never benefit. Only cronies do.

Archived