press conference tomorrow in Englewood: Ammo serialization good grief

mikew

http://capitolfax.com/2016/08/16/rep-harper-wants-serial-numbers-on-ammo/

In response to an immediate need for solutions that will decrease the number shootings in the City of Chicago, State Representative Sonya Harper, D­ Chicago, will hold a press conference to announce the introduction of a bill that will require the stamping of serial numbers on all ammunition sold in the state of Illinois. The press conference will be held on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at US Bank, 815 W. 63rd St., 4th Floor Community Room, Chicago, IL, from 10am to 11am CT.

We need to get numbers together that would show the projected cost to the state

in collecting and maintaining all that data.

Also the cost of recovering the numbers from crime scenes, and the LACK of PROVABLE chain of custody NEEDED to

convict the shooter.

Then we should break out the profit that Ammo coding systems would make per round, with the 10 million round

state plan, and how THAT would easily be defeated, necessitating the billions of rounds nationally to be marked - and how

they are cynically being used by that POLITICAL charlatan (look him up - interesting reading).

Propose that marksmanship classes be held for those most likely to... so that their hit rate and lethality

goes up while collateral damage diminishes. - And how that's less expensive than incarcerating them - get

them to kill each other off. Give them their "thunderdome". Two men enter, one man leaves.

Sound cruel? How cruel is the current catch and release (or early release) being practiced by the

state's attorney and sheriff? Their constituents pretty much kill with impunity, and by the odd chance the

killers are caught, and rarer, convicted, they will be back out on the street head spinningly fast.

There are serial numbers on guns but the criminals don't buy they rob.

I have a better ideal how about they save their time and energy for something more important like raising their children right or better yet raise their children.

I wonder how many fast and furious guns are on the streets in the USA.Obamao and Holder supplied the same cartels that put the drugs on the streets

Would it be cruel or un-PC of me to suggest the hypothetical.....

That if tomorrow there were simply no gang members in Chicago, that the violence problem might abate.

Commit a violent felony and are affiliated with a gang= death sentence.

2-3 years and the problem is gone.

Im not suggesting something complex, like teaching the feral offspring of the ghetto a more than abstract concept of what a family unit is comprised of....

How about we start small? Why not a Senate bill that would amend ILCS 720 to include mandatory and immediate canings for anyone walking in public with their pants hanging off their ash.

Call it the dignity and self respect law.

This is why I continually say that our politician's are legitimately STUPID. Being educated and being intelligent are mutually exclusive terms.

This type of legislation is so incredibly idiotic that the sponsor/s should be laughed out of office.

Leave it to the left to come up with imbecilic ideas on how to stop murderers from murdering that won't do a damn thing to stop it. What's the point of tracking ammo when the people doing the killing can't even legally buy it? What's the point of instituting something like this when a gangbanger can have a relative drive across the border to Indiana and buy ammo with a FOID card, then bring it back here.

They can't force Indiana to carry serialized ammo. That would be regulating interstate commerce. What now? Damn, where do we find these idiots? The only reason these idiots exist is because of modern medicine and warning labels. Think about it......the same type of people that forced companies to put a "do not drink" warning on bleach, are the same people that would accidentally drink it. They're literally that stupid.

This is why I continually say that our politician's are legitimately STUPID. Being educated and being intelligent are mutually exclusive terms.

This type of legislation is so incredibly idiotic that the sponsor/s should be laughed out of office.

Leave it to the left to come up with imbecilic ideas on how to stop murderers from murdering that won't do a damn thing to stop it. What's the point of tracking ammo when the people doing the killing can't even legally buy it? What's the point of instituting something like this when a gangbanger can have a relative drive across the border to Indiana and buy ammo with a FOID card, then bring it back here.

They can't force Indiana to carry serialized ammo. That would be regulating interstate commerce. What now? Damn, where do we find these idiots? The only reason these idiots exist is because of modern medicine and warning labels. Think about it......the same type of people that forced companies to put a "do not drink" warning on bleach, are the same people that would accidentally drink it. They're literally that stupid.

Knowledge and wisdom - hardly the same thing.

One of the perps accused of killing Dwyane Wade's cousin was paroled from a conviction as a felon in possession of a firearm. Under federal law, that's a 10 year sentence with possible enhancements. If the DOJ were serious about reducing gun crime,you'd think they would make a better effort to keep criminals away from guns. Prison isn't perfect in this regard, but better than releasing them to the streets. Unfortunately you could count the convictions in Chicago on federal gun charges over the last 8 years on one hand.

Nooo! It's better to make it ridiculously expensive for honest citizens to buy ammunition. The Feds no longer keep bullets on hand for forensic comparison (lead corrodes and barrels change with use). Are they really planning to add 10 billion records a year to their files for something that is demonstrably useless? Where would you even find space to engrave 12 digits on a .22 bullet?

What's the point of instituting something like this when a gangbanger can have a relative drive across the border to Indiana and buy ammo with a FOID card, then bring it back here.

They can drive across the border and buy it themselves.

I've never been required to show a FOID card, or even a DL when buying ammo out of state.. only firearms.

What's the point of instituting something like this when a gangbanger can have a relative drive across the border to Indiana and buy ammo with a FOID card, then bring it back here.

I've never been required to show a FOID card, or even a DL when buying ammo out of state.. only firearms.

They could, but out of 5 times I've gone to Cabela's, I've been asked 3 times for my FOID. I could have lied, but I'm sure they'd have asked to see a DL

They could, but out of 5 times I've gone to Cabela's, I've been asked 3 times for my FOID. I could have lied, but I'm sure they'd have asked to see a DL
I have been asked for FOID or DL when purchasing ammo at Cabelas in Missouri every time. This is STL and maybe if you get further west they don't ask.

I have been asked for FOID or DL when purchasing ammo at Cabelas in Missouri every time. This is STL and maybe if you get further west they don't ask.

That's the only Cabela's I've ever been to... never been asked for a FOID card for ammo, whether buying in store or buying online and having it shipped for free to the store.

The antis have stated a good number of the guns used in crimes here in Chicago come from our Neighbor state, Indiana.........

Using that same logic wouldn't it be safe that if this ammo law passed in Illinois criminals here in Illinois would also get their ammo from Indiana?

The Stupid hurts................. :headbang1:

Archived