How early is too early to renew FOID/FCCL?

TRJ

The RENEW icon will be located in the bottom left corner of either the FOID or FCCL status box.

Mine popped up and replaced the "Lost, stolen, address change" boxes that are currently there.

You will see it as it was yellow in color if I remember correctly. It will look like the "Sign In" Icon on the Sign In screen when you log on to check your status.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

It let me renew 3 months before expiration. Very easy process, although I'm still angry about the $.50 extra fee they tack on. No-one besides government charges "extra" for ACH transfers. It costs them less to do ACH than to process a written check anyway, so the fee is nothing but a rip-off...

My FOID expires 12/1. As of today, I can't renew yet. I'll check again on 9/1. If they're so backed up, why won't they let you renew earlier?

My CCL was part of the first batch and expires on 2/28. That should be a huge delay with all the initial licenses expiring at the same time.

My FOID expires 12/1. As of today, I can't renew yet. I'll check again on 9/1. If they're so backed up, why won't they let you renew earlier?

My CCL was part of the first batch and expires on 2/28. That should be a huge delay with all the initial licenses expiring at the same time.

I was notified by the ISP when my FOID was up for renewal. I logged in the day I got notified and I had it within 30 days. I am another one with a 2/28 expiration for my CCL

I was notified by the ISP when my FOID was up for renewal. I logged in the day I got notified and I had it within 30 days. I am another one with a 2/28 expiration for my CCL

Thanks for the info. I'm just always leery of anything from the state of Illinois.

I suspect that the "renew" button will become available for you either on 9/1 or on 9/2. At least, that was my experience.

Archived