FOID card Renewal

So, I just received a letter from ISP today letting me know that my FOID card will be expiring in October of this year.

Surprised that the lead time is 3 months prior to my expiration date. Plus when I went online to renew my FOID card, the RENEW button was active which allowed me to submit my renewal, 90 days prior to the expiration date.

Now here is something that I noticed that I don't remember. When I got about half way through the renewal process, the screen that had me verify my address had a requirement in the bottom left corner. The requirement was for 10 years of previous residences. Not that I had a concern because I have been in my place for over 30 years.

I know that the 10 year requirement is in the law for the FCCL. But since when did it become a requirement for a FOID card.

Is this something new that I am not aware of, or is it the ISP just changing the rules because they can.

Has anyone else noticed this!

I saw the same thing just now. I don't recall if that is new.

I also was surprised I had to provide a photo, rather than ISP uploading the driver license photo like previously.

Also, at the bottom of my printed receipt is this:

"NOTICE: A class action lawsuit entitled Gary Sterr v. Jessica Trame, et al., Case No. 15- L - 1337, has been filed in the Third Judicial Circuit, Madison County, Illinois, which may affect your rights. Please visit www.foidcard.info for more information, where you may download a form to opt out of the class if you desire."

A visit to that website only informs in a single paragraph of a lawsuit regarding the $1 credit/debit transaction fee; and some other links to pages including one that says I'm automatically "in" the class unless I opt out.

Did you get it too? Sort of odd, so I'm curious.

I saw the same thing just now. I don't recall if that is new.

I also was surprised I had to provide a photo, rather than ISP uploading the driver license photo like previously.

Also, at the bottom of my printed receipt is this:

"NOTICE: A class action lawsuit entitled Gary Sterr v. Jessica Trame, et al., Case No. 15- L - 1337, has been filed in the Third Judicial Circuit, Madison County, Illinois, which may affect your rights. Please visit www.foidcard.info for more information, where you may download a form to opt out of the class if you desire."

A visit to that website only informs in a single paragraph of a lawsuit regarding the $1 credit/debit transaction fee; and some other links to pages including one that says I'm automatically "in" the class unless I opt out.

Did you get it too? Sort of odd, so I'm curious.

Yes, I saw the same thing. As far as the uploading of the photo, that's normal. I think they just want to make sure that you are the one renewing your FOID card. They will use your Drivers license photo.

I received the same letter of renewal and was amazed that the state was so proactive. After looking through my CCL records I found my Userid and Password - hooray! and filled out the renewal on-line. However, at the finish of the process I received a message that "the server had encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request". I uttered a multiple of profanities and left the website. I later received the same receipt that request was being processed. It does please me that my faith in the ISP web services is justified - they are MORONS!

My FOID expires in October as well. Renewed yesterday. I took the FOID renewal process as the same thing to expect for the FCCL renewal. (one size fits all type of thing) I am assuming the renewal button will go active 3 months prior to FCCL expiration.

I certainly hope so, but I assume you'll have to upload documentation that you've completed course work as well.

If it goes as smoothly as the FOID process I'll be very pleased. I received my letter on the 2nd, had the renewal process done less than an hour later.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I just received a letter from ISP today letting me know that my FOID card will be expiring in October of this year.

Surprised that the lead time is 3 months prior to my expiration date. Plus when I went online to renew my FOID card, the RENEW button was active which allowed me to submit my renewal, 90 days prior to the expiration date.

Now here is something that I noticed that I don't remember. When I got about half way through the renewal process, the screen that had me verify my address had a requirement in the bottom left corner. The requirement was for 10 years of previous residences. Not that I had a concern because I have been in my place for over 30 years.

I know that the 10 year requirement is in the law for the FCCL. But since when did it become a requirement for a FOID card.

Is this something new that I am not aware of, or is it the ISP just changing the rules because they can.

Has anyone else noticed this!

Your Renewal button was up 90 days prior? I'm 90 days out today and I don't have a Renewal button available.

• 2 weeks later...