RIP RBG

RoadyRunner

Dems should be p*****. Repbulican shoud fill the seat. Buzzy thought she was going to live forever. She should have stepped down under Barrack. Shows her God complex and better then thou mentality. Now we have her dying wishes to wait for the next election or whatever it was.......No thanks.

It would seem RBG now lacks standing in the matter :no:

OMG!!!!! This old tweet is starting to go viral LOL

attachicon.gif3A923E9C-912C-4116-A67E-A0D2375CEBB0.jpeg

https://mykamala.org/

Ooh, my little biotchy one, biotchy one
When you gonna end my time, Kamala
Ooh, I'm listenin' to your mouth run, your mouth run
Got it coming off of my mind, Kamala
M-m-my-myyyy Kamala ...
- Joe Biden, shortly before Kamala makes her move

So I read today that Pelosi won't rule out attempting to 'filibuster' any Supreme Court nomination by impeaching Trump yet again or attempting to shut down the government!

I hope Trump names a nomination Monday and the Senate immediately starts the hearings instantly, don't even give Pelosi anymore time to threaten, just nominate and confirm! If she wants to play games force her to do it before the election!

McConnell will hold the vote if Trump appointshttps://twitter.com/senatemajldr/status/1307121192516628480?s=20

The problem is that the "Turtle" is trying to have it both ways.

In 2016, before Trump won, McConnell tried to hold off an Obama appointee after Scalia's death, claiming it should be the purview of the incoming president. Now he's taking the opposite view.

The difference then and now is Obama lost the Senate Majority where Trump held it and expanded it during Trumps mid-terms. That also speaks.

Flip the coin if Schumer were the majority leader and Obama as President, do you think they elude hold the vote till after the presidential election? We all know the answer to that and it would be a flat NO.

So I see this as Obama said “Elections have consequences”. Trump lost the House but he’ll the Senate and expanded it by a seat or two. So it will pay off now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murtkowski says voting for a SCOTUS judge now would be "unfair"?

Lady, the opposition just pulled a gun and they wired the saloon with explosives.

You wanna play nice you might get some flowery words at your funeral.

If Patton didn't originate it he stole a good line

"Anyone who waits for a fair fight is a fool."

Maybe it was John Steinbeck

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

Ted just spoke the truth and backed it up with facts.

When have facts ever mattered to Democrats and Liberals?

They don’t, that is why it doesn’t matter what they argue with. They rammed a phony impeachment as well. President nominates. Senate consents and confirm. Or not consent. Constitution is pretty clear here.

The media alleges that RBG's dying wish was for anyone but Trump to pick her successor.

Following that logic,

What were the dying wishes of our Founding Fathers?

What was the dying wish of Justice Scalia before his murder (or death from natural causes)?

Does RBG's lifetime appointment convey some perpetuity powers to influence the court from the grave?

Did RBG's alleged dying wish violate the Constitution and her legacy?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/20/mcconnell-supreme-court-votes-murkowski-alexander-418910

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is locking down key votes from Republican senators in his bid to fill the Supreme Court vacancy created by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death.

On Sunday, McConnell (R-Ky.) won the support of Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), who is retiring and was viewed as a potential swing vote as McConnell seeks to confirm Ginsburg‘s replacement as soon as possible.

“No one should be surprised that a Republican Senate majority would vote on a Republican president’s Supreme Court nomination, even during a presidential election year,” Alexander said in a statement. “The Constitution gives senators the power to do it. The voters who elected them expect it.”

Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a member of McConnell’s leadership team, also backed the majority leader over the weekend, as did Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio), a moderate.

Just two GOP senators have said they oppose moving forward with a confirmation vote before Election Day. Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) was the first to announce her opposition, and on Sunday, Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) followed suit.

Just two GOP senators have said they oppose moving forward with a confirmation vote before Election Day. Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) was the first to announce her opposition, and on Sunday, Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) followed suit.

I suspect that as long as the Senate has 50 votes and Pence can break the tie those two will hold steady, but if it comes down to needing their vote they are going to have a hard time abstaining and/or voting against a Republican Supreme Court Justice nomination if they expect to remain in office.

Collins is already in trouble, she literally can't afford to lose a single vote before election day, Murkowski isn't in the same peril but it is Alaska.

Great news! I hope the other 3 lose there seats come election time

You mean in the next primary? Because if they lose them in November it means Democrats will occupy them, and they will be far, far worse.

Susan Collins can't afford to lose a single vote assuming she wants a chance to retain her job, she will need to flip-flop and vote with the party, I don't see her holding her seat if she goes against the GOP grain and at this point she might as well put a D next to her name.

If Lisa Murkowski goes against the grain, I would hope she gets kicked to the curb come the next primary.

Amy for the easy win. They just held hearings on her not long ago and the worst they could drag up was her strong Catholic leanings. Its going to be hard for them to rehash the hatred for Catholics considering they just spent so much time arguing that Joe Biden is a strong Catholic.

I agree, let them scream dogma, dogma, dogma again, it didn't work last time and it won't this time!

Archived