UPDATE 1/1/13 NEW Developments

Tvandermyde

I doubt the actual bills are out yet, perhaps some rough preliminary stuff.

I don't know the schedule for other state's legislatures, but I'm guessing we're one of the few that actually goes back in on the 3rd of Jan. I'm thinking we may be seeing the beginning of a gun grab to be launched nationally by states that are influenced heavily by the present administration in D.C. Rather than do it from the Oval office, send out the mandates and let it be done from the state level. At least to the point that it becomes less distastefull to just pass a federal law.

Anyway, call everyone you know, post on your facebook accounts, blogs, anyway possible to get this out. And remember, we may be looking at the "bait and switch" where preposterous proposals are made, to be replaced later by "more reasonable" gun laws.

No More Gun Laws!

Tim

Perhaps an effort to induce in us a desire for compromise as well.

We will end this nonsense as we always have - by staying strong and working together.

We need to forget firearm stuff and immediately put forth a recall vote for Quinn. This ing shithole of a state is being torn apart at the seams and they are worried about this crap. Next go after our attorney General Madigan for complete dereliction of all duties. We need the war to be on different fronts other than 2nd amendment issues. We need to stop the evil at the source. Im tired of focusing on stopping bad bills. We need to stop them from ever being written by getting rid of the writers. We need all of these morons in our legislature to get really scared about losing their jobs. Nothing else will work. This is the time for all So called Blue Dogs to go independent and switch sides, effectively ending Madigans reign. Its time to take this state back or lose it forever to this madness. We may not have a Supreme court makeup in a few years to help us on our issues so we have to stop this now.

How many votes dobwe need to recall Quinn? At this point I think 80+% of gun owners would sign on. Plus a lot of people p***** off about taxes and pensions

I doubt the actual bills are out yet, perhaps some rough preliminary stuff.

I don't know the schedule for other state's legislatures, but I'm guessing we're one of the few that actually goes back in on the 3rd of Jan. I'm thinking we may be seeing the beginning of a gun grab to be launched nationally by states that are influenced heavily by the present administration in D.C. Rather than do it from the Oval office, send out the mandates and let it be done from the state level. At least to the point that it becomes less distastefull to just pass a federal law.

Anyway, call everyone you know, post on your facebook accounts, blogs, anyway possible to get this out. And remember, we may be looking at the "bait and switch" where preposterous proposals are made, to be replaced later by "more reasonable" gun laws.

No More Gun Laws!

Tim

If Illinois can pass a AWB it would be a steping stone for other states to follow.

It's true that there will be a bait and switch....much easier to get done. The question is how many pro gun state legislaturer's will fall on their own sword. This time around the emotions is.higher and more sustaining power.

Hitler Joe should be coming out with their ideas any day now.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

We needed to take the state back in the last election! If gun owners would have united and not voted third party, we would have had a pro-gun governor in there and may have had RTC without needing it go to the courts.

Instead, all the wonderful gun owning union members voted for their usual criminals, and we put the gun hating, tax raising progressive back in office for 4 more years. Might not make it to the 2014 election before we've lost everything. This is a sad state of affairs.

I've voted 3rd party before. The last mid term elections was not the time for it.

The Illinois Governor Recall Amendment, also known as House Joint Constitutional Amendment 31, appeared on the November 2, 2010 ballot in Illinois as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment where it was approved.

The proposal allowed voters to recall the governor and required that at least 20 state representatives and 10 state senators, equally balanced from each party in each chamber, sign a notice of intent to recall the governor before apetition can begin to be circulated

Good luck with that....

This is new and HUGE

The powers that be have declared war on the Constitution and particularly the 2nd Amendment.

If they disarm us they will be free to do anything they want.

I feel the same thoughts you do.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Ladies and Gents,

As Todd said, the amendments exist and they are at least as onerous at Todd has described if not more so. We need to burn up the phones tomorrow in Springfield and all local offices of state Senators. Contact everyone you know tonight and demand that they oppose these upcoming bills. They will be public soon enough, but even then, we don't want to point out the antis mistakes in putting these together. Don't dissect the bills, make calls opposing them.

Just make the calls, repeatedly, especially to those that we know oppose us. Start tomorrow morning. If your friends don't know the numbers, look them up for them. Especially in the anti or fence sitting districts.

2013 will be the make it or break it for our second amendment rights and reading about this garbage is not how I planned on spending the first day of what I hoped would be a new and productive year. As a gun owner and proud American citizen I will admit that I have never been so scared of losing our 2nd amendment rights in this country. The war at the state and local levels is on. Most states have legislatures that wont cave to this BS but in Illinois we have to be on the lookout for Federal laws and state laws looking to erode our rights. We are paying for the actions of criminals in our society folks. Everything is on the line. Our only saving grace is that we control the House now. If we have another mass shooting before we settle the current BS I think we may very well lose the second amendment all-together.

We needed to take the state back in the last election! If gun owners would have united and not voted third party, we would have had a pro-gun governor in there and may have had RTC without needing it go to the courts.

Instead, all the wonderful gun owning union members voted for their usual criminals, and we put the gun hating, tax raising progressive back in office for 4 more years. Might not make it to the 2014 election before we've lost everything. This is a sad state of affairs.

I've voted 3rd party before. The last mid term elections was not the time for it.

Redistricting was really the nail in the coffin for any opposition to the Machine. Its not ALL the Unions fault...though they are by no means on our side.

The Illinois Governor Recall Amendment, also known as House Joint Constitutional Amendment 31, appeared on the November 2, 2010 ballot in Illinois as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment where it was approved.

The proposal allowed voters to recall the governor and required that at least 20 state representatives and 10 state senators, equally balanced from each party in each chamber, sign a notice of intent to recall the governor before apetition can begin to be circulated

Good luck with that....

Forget the recall crap!!! Call about the bills!!!! That's what we have to stop right now!! Don't get distracted, that's what they're hoping for.

Call your state Senator's offices tomorrow!! And pass the word to your friends, family and shooting buddies!!

Tim

I sent this off to the Ottawa Times. they have always been very supportive of the 2nd Amendment. EVERYONE needs to send a Letter to the Editor of their locakl paper:

An open letter to the Illinois General Assembly

Ladies and Gentlemen;

Under the leadership of President of the Senate and at the direction of the Chicago machine, you have apparently declared war on the US Constitution and in particular the 2nd Amendment.

Really? With the mess this State is in under your collective tutelage, you want me to surrender my guns? You can’t pay the bills or honor promises made to State employee retirees. You can’t even police your own members. How many have been indicted this year? How many of your members are in jail or out on parole?

I am a retired Police Chief and also a retired Senior NCO of the United States Army. I served in combat in Vietnam for almost three years. I was awarded 43 combat valor awards including the Purple Heart.

My Father was a ball turret gunner on a B-24 bomber over Europe during World War II. My family’s service to this country goes back all the way to my great-great-great grandfather who served in the 1st North Carolina Regiment in the Revolutionary War.

But, because I have never done anything but serve my country, you are going to try to pass laws that will make me a felon? My family can give you reams of lessons that we have learned on how important that Constitution really it is and how important it is to safeguard it.

You want to make me a criminal by passing a law that will forbid my God given right to self-defense from criminals or a tyrannical government?

You need to either step up and stop Cullerton’s Bill and anything else that Governor Quinn comes up with and start doing the work we pay you to do.

Back off now or face the consequences of an enraged populace.

I am an American by birthright and I have honored my Oath to preserve and protect the Constitution for my entire adult life. My Oath to protect the Constitution is very similar to the same one you took. The difference is I believed in and have lived my Oath to the Country. You, on the other hand have just paid lip service to it. I hold each and every one of you that would support a Bill like this in disgust and utter contempt.

James “Bud” Harton

Good luck with that....

Forget the recall crap!!! Call about the bills!!!! That's what we have to stop right now!! Don't get distracted, that's what they're hoping for.

Call your state Senator's offices tomorrow!! And pass the word to your friends, family and shooting buddies!!

Tim

I was answering a question from Patriots and Tyrants but if you prefer I'll just leave y'all alone....

I expect that this bill will probably look alot like the idiotic legislation that Biden and crew are going to come up with. In fact, they will probably be very similar.

I would be that this same legislation will be proposed in every state.

They think they have the mojo to get it done right now.

Dave

This could be a test case by the bigger "machine" to see how much of a push back to expect towards an awb.

Good luck with that....

The blue dogs could all sign it, and if a recall was lost they could switch party affiliation to independent, oust madigan and no longer fear his reprocussions or promise to cut all funds. A move like this would literally chop off the head of all this bull****. I think a recal of Quinn would really pass now for this and just about every other issue that has failed in this state. How often do we need to defeat these bills before we stop their creators. These bills are coming through at alarming rates now, this isnt a once or twice a year defeat and move on plan.

Good luck with that....

Tim

I was answering a question from Patriots and Tyrants but if you prefer I'll just leave y'all alone....

It wasn't directed at you Elderberry, but it seems that everytime we get a specific course of action that needs to be addressed, folks want to drift off into different directions. This threat is real and is serious. We need to concentrate on defeating these bills now. Your comment just happened to be the one that I hit the quote button on.

Besides, as you so ably point out, a serious recall of Quinn doesn't stand a snowball's chance in heck of going anywhere.

Sorry if I offended you.

Tim

What if every gun owner refused to comply???

Good luck trying to arrest all of us!!!

I will be calling from out of this God awful state tomorrow, I guess I should start with my old anti Rep Emilly Mcasy and whoever is senator...

My phone still has a Chicagoland area code...

Thank God I no longer live there but this needs to be killed ahead of Uncle Joe's gun banning plans...

If there's a list of any that seem might be easily flipped please post it here...

Does anyone know what support the NRA is providing on this?

Todd Vandermyde is the full time NRA lobbyist assigned wholly to the state of Illinois. As we speak, he's making calls to Senators. I know 'cause I talked to him just 30 minutes ago. He's been working on this all day today.

I believe that Illinois is the only state or perhaps one of only two states that have a lobbyist assigned only to them. Most states share a lobbyist with several other states. We also have a state liason person, Shannon Alford, who works out of the VA office directly with Todd to support his efforts here. There are other lobbyists that work with Todd in Springfield when legislature is in session.

Remember, the NRA is you, and me and all of us. The organization can support us in our efforts, but ultimately the legislators only listen to those that can vote them in or out of office.

Call your Senator tomorow, repeatedly.

Tim

with the 7th just calling the no concealed carry in Illlinois as unconstitutional.... how can illinois turn around and try to pass a total gun ban? this doesnt make sense

They have no sense, common or otherwise, just an agenda. They can pass whatever they want, and it will take 5 years in the courts to get it declared unconstitutional. We need to stay focused on making the calls tomorrow and beating this thing.

Tim

with the 7th just calling the no concealed carry in Illlinois as unconstitutional.... how can illinois turn around and try to pass a total gun ban? this doesnt make sense

Technically they aren't. Revolvers have not been attacked yet, but I'm sure they will be next with their 6 round assault cylinders and all.

Banning semi autos and pump shotguns would probably ban 75% of all firearms in Illinois.

Good news, I was worried they were just going to do a mag ban or something they could actually have a chance with. This is so over reaching and already covered by scotus. What morons!

Drylok, don't minimalize this. They are serious about this and are putting on a push to pass it. Call your buddies, put it out on the interwebs, make the calls to your Senator. I know they're on our side, but we need to contact them anyway so they will put pressure on the Senate leadership. Todd is concerned.

UAB

Archived