Photo

Lost in the Shuffle? “Under Review” 92 Days and Counting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 yyyz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Lost in the Shuffle? “Under Review” 92 Days and Counting and Counting and Counting, etc.

App submitted on 01/04/14 with finger prints and payment. First submission was missing my name on training certificate. Resubmitted and the app carries a submission date of 01/10/14.

The app has been “Under Review” for 92 days. No criminal background and I am quite sure that the background check was clean - been through several of them before for my securities licenses.

I thought that if an app was submitted that some action had to be taken by 90 days, either approve or decline.

I sent the ISP an email at 86 days using their “Contact Us” link for CCL. They said I would receive a response in 2 days – now 6 days later, no response’

Any suggestions? Any place that I can reach out for help?

Gfw

The Constitution is the Constitution. Our rights are not granted through it, they are protected by it.

#2 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,236 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:09 AM

Check to make sure there isn't a problem with the fingerprints - there is a discussion about how to do that.  Would someone please post the link?

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#3 giwalsh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

I saw that--BOI,joliet---1-815-740-5160----hit #2 during recording----

I never tried it but wrote it down incase

good luck

#4 yyyz

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

Thanks all - I will call the number on Monday.. 

Gfw

The Constitution is the Constitution. Our rights are not granted through it, they are protected by it.

#5 yyyz

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

Molly B was correct. Thanks.

I called the  Bureau of Identification this morning only to find out that the fingerprints were rejected for poor quality. Of the 2 options suggested, I guess I will merely have to wait for the 120 day cutoff.

Amazing that in today's age of electronics (email, etc) that they couldn't of notified me when the fingerprints were rejected... but, I guess I have to remember that we are dealing with an extremely inefficient state government when dealing with any part of the Illinois government structure.  

Gfw

#6 giwalsh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

i would try to get a refund on those prints

#7 yyyz

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

I may try, but after all of this I now remember that I was warned that my prints may be no good. The place that did the prints had 2 different people get the prints and they were going to submit both electronically and on paper.

The issue? I am a coder and even in retirement I spend about 6 to 8 hours a day on a keyboard writing or improving code for the 6 websites that I still manage. The result... the ends of my fingers almost show no print lines. There are a few other occupations that would probably have the same issue.

Gfw