Cook County Ammunition Tax Hearing 11/13/2015

mauserme

I live across the street from John Daley and will remind him again how ridiculous they are being with these taxes. I really believe their intent is to drive the gun shops out of the county, as if that will make a difference in the problematic neighborhood. I actually like John but enough is enough. I can only hope Crook County gets sued again. I really hate politicians.

Guess I will be buying all of my ammo online and changing the Billing address for one of my credit cards to my families WI place. That and ask my father who is in Indiana every weekend to pick me up some from the Cabelas over there. FOAD Cook County, FOAD. I just hope Maxson and the other Cook County gun ranges can weather the storm.

Guess I will be buying all of my ammo online and changing the Billing address for one of my credit cards to my families WI place. That and ask my father who is in Indiana every weekend to pick me up some from the Cabelas over there. FOAD Cook County, FOAD. I just hope Maxson and the other Cook County gun ranges can weather the storm.

Last I checked, Maxon only sells ammo to be fired on the range. You are far better off buying online anyways. GAT is outside of Cook and usually has reasonable prices on bulk quantities as well.

And Cook county will again lose revenue and lose law-abiding businesses. As with everything else, people will simply by in Kane, DuPage, Lake, et al... Too bad about Cabela's though. I buy ammo there, but now cannot. :( I really hate most politicians; their only purpose it seems is to destroy the country...

When does this unconstitutional evil law take effect?

And Cook county will again lose revenue and lose law-abiding businesses. As with everything else, people will simply by in Kane, DuPage, Lake, et al... Too bad about Cabela's though. I buy ammo there, but now cannot. :( I really hate most politicians; their only purpose it seems is to destroy the country...

It still has to be heard by the full board and, so far, isn't on the agenda. The next meeting is 11/18/2015. I suppose it could be added to that.

As has been mentioned before this isn't about revenue or businesses. Look at the people equating law abiding gun owners with drug dealers and murderers. They don't actually want to make revenue from what they consider "blood money" they want to force firearm-related businesses out of the county so they can pat themselves on the back about how they stood up to the "gun lobby" and ran them out of Cook county

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

As has been mentioned before this isn't about revenue or businesses. Look at the people equating law abiding gun owners with drug dealers and murderers. They don't actually want to make revenue from what they consider "blood money" they want to force firearm-related businesses out of the county so they can pat themselves on the back about how they stood up to the "gun lobby" and ran them out of Cook county

The irony is, once accomplished, they'll complain that all the guns and ammunition are coming from outside the county and join Superintendent McCarthy in blaming everyone else for the problem they themselves won't solve.

Mr. Morrisson says that if he thought for one second this tax would help prevent violence he would vote for it, but he believes the code of silence

...in the gang neighborhoods is the problem, not people with FOID cards buying ammunition

Thank you :flowers:

"Mr. Boyken introduces his proposal as a "gun violence tax". He describes his plan as helping prevent random violence by making it harder to afford these "instruments of death."

That's it in a nutshell. This is about making it more difficult than it already is to purchase guns (gun tax) and ammo. This is about gun control, nothing more. It would also be a statement I used in my opening arguments as the plaintiff in a lawsuit. This is retribution against lawful gun owners. Period.

More money going to end up in another pro 2A groups coffers... Love it!

Archived