HR-822 live blog/comments

Tvandermyde

even if it doesnt it sure is scaring the crap out of the Brady bunch

URGENT - Packing Heat on Your Street Bill Vote Tomorrow

Dear Sigma

We've just learned that that the vote in the U.S. House of Representatives for the "Packing Heat on Your Street" bill (H.R. 822) will happen tomorrow.

We need your help to defeat this bill. If you haven't already donated, please do so today.

H.R. 822 is so extreme it would allow dangerous, violent, and untrained people from out of state to carry loaded guns in your community, and your state would be powerless to stop them.

Donate now to support the Brady Campaign's all-out opposition to this dangerous legislation.

Domestic abusers, drug addicts, stalkers, people with violent arrest records, or people with absolutely no training, could be granted a concealed gun permit in another state and carry a gun, legally, around your neighborhood.

We must keep our neighborhoods safe. Please, in the name of public safety, donate to the Brady Campaign now.

We don't need more people carrying loaded concealed guns on neighborhood streets, on buses, at sporting events, in restaurants, parks, or anywhere near our families and loved ones.

Please help us stop this legislation ASAP. Give your support to the Brady Campaign. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Brian Malte, Director of Mobilization

Watching cpsan on Comcast. It says Tuesday in the upper corner. Also at the bottom it says general debate and amendments on concealed weapons live 1:15 PM eastern.

Okay I'm confused.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/schedule says 12:00 PM eastern, which is in five minutes.

I have been watching the feed of the "general speeches" and They do waste a lot of time there. I wonder how many of the other representatives are actually listening to the "one minute" speeches. Probably playing solitaire on their laptops instead.

Which makes me wonder how many will listen to the debate on HR 822.

I sure hope this passes.

drat, NOW it says: "Later today:general debate & amendments on concealed weapons"

and a few pans back to the room show it to be empty....

Quite frankly, most of the time it's just a really expensive circus with no audience. Regardless the issue, I am almost always left feeling frustration when I watch government bodies at "work."

I hate to be a doubter bit it wont pass the Senate and the President surely wont sign it.

You left out the part about "We'll never get concealed carry in Illinois because as long as Richard Daley is mayor of Chicago, he'll never let Madigan bring an LTC bill up for a vote." Nothing like living in the past.

The president will never sign a bill allowing concealed carry on federal park land, either.

Archived