2010 Appleseeds!

Garand69

Hey Dan, Is "The Guy" going to be there again this time? Are you taking Friday off early so you can come out & setup & play a lil bit? Saturday night there is a firemans stag we are all invited to if anyone is interested it is about 15 min away & there will be drawings for guns & stuff!!!

The Guy, aka Chris, will be working Bonfield on Apr 17-18, according to scheduling.

Myself, Mr. Naese and TC will be working Alton.

John

Awww man I liked Guy a lot, he was cool. I like him better than Dan!! :lips sealed: :poke:

I see how it goes Kenny :ninja: The Guy is great, but the SB we have is great as well. We imported a Shoot Boss from the land of cheese. He goes by "ahhshoot". Real good guy, most of his family are instructors as well (Ma, Pa, Wife). He is also one of the Instructors sent down to Fort Stewart GA last year to help train a full Battalion of the South Carolina National Gaurd before deployment to Afghanistan.

So your Appleseed Experience will be top-notch!!

To everyone who is going to be camping onsite at Durand for the Appleseed shoot in April:

I'm pretty excited about this event because this will be my first time camping after a long long spell of not camping. Anyone want to send any reminders my way on what to bring?

So far I have a good sleeping bag, air mattress, cot, old 1970s camp stove and some white gas also from 1970. I should have a tent by next week at which time I'll have it up in the back yard for seam sealing. Still looking for camping cookware, I may end up raiding the kitchen for old pots and pans. Probably will use paper plates and cups. I still have to prepare a menu for the weekend.. I can't believe I used to be a scout.. How did I fit all this stuff into the car?

This is in addition to the normal junk I bring for an Appleseed, which include extra shoes, extra coat, raingear (emergency pants), firearms and related junk.

Dan is the other Cheesehead going to be there too?

Andrew all you need is beer & a cooler for camping!! You don't have to cook it therefore you need no pots & pans & cooking stuff, It comes pre-packaged in a can so you don't need any kind of utensils or anything, If you drink enough of it the ground without a tent or a mattress or cot works fine for sleeping!!!

Beer is a camping necessity!!!!

There is a grill & grilling utensils out there & I think there is charcoal & lighter fluid too. You may want to bring some lighter fluid & charcoal just to be safe.

The other cheesehead... Dragonfly will not be there, but I'm trying to get his son there, he is out of Rockford and was there last time.

Ashes, keep it simple, you don't need to bring the whole house with you!!!! Just be prepared for weather, especially rain!

We have already determined that it will be all Kenny's fault, so everything else should be smooth!!

Hey Kenny, we need a spring clean up party prior to the shoot??

The other cheesehead... Dragonfly will not be there, but I'm trying to get his son there, he is out of Rockford and was there last time.

Ashes, keep it simple, you don't need to bring the whole house with you!!!! Just be prepared for weather, especially rain!

We have already determined that it will be all Kenny's fault, so everything else should be smooth!!

Hey Kenny, we need a spring clean up party prior to the shoot??

Not unless you want to!! I plan on mowing if needed that Friday before everyone gets there. You should take that friday off Dan & hang out at the Range all day!!!

I'm sorry if this was answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find the answer on the appleed website. What is the schedule for the event? I see a calendar listing the events, but what is the Saturday/Sunday schedule time wise. When does it start, break for lunch, end for the day, start the next day, break for lunch again, and finally end? I would appreciate the info.

I am between Durand and the Waterman event.

The EventBrite page shows 8:30AM to 4PM each day.

Use the EventBrite page to pre-register and save money!

For Durand:

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/493165070

Lunch happens around noon. Basically at a good break point when everyone starts getting hungry. People are usually eating during set breaks anyway.

For Waterman:

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/516382514%20%20%20%20%20%20%20

Try to get onsite early so you can get signed in, unpack and get a place on the line and read some of the handouts.

Well boys I just ordered my m107 today!! I should have it by Friday and take it out to the range to get it sighted in for Appleseed range!! Rifleman here I come!! LOL!!! It comes with 2 mags too, I dont have to buy another 10 round mag for $160 Wooo Hoooo!!!

Makes me kind of glad I won't be working that Appleseed.

On the other hand, shooting a .50 is on my bucket list.

John

Pick a day & let me know we can go out to the range any day after Wed & before the real nice weather!!

Both scoped and open sight rifles? Can someone elaborate on this?

Either scoped or iron sights (adjustable sights are prefered so you can zero). Targets are reduced size and the actual distance is 25 meters.

Make sure you can get a M1 Garand style cloth/nylon sling on the rifle and you will be good to go.

Man, I really need to get a rifle. :whistle:

I have a Ruger 10/22 for sale for $240, they are perfect for the appleseed.

Crickey. Are 10/22s that much now. I bought mine - the first gun I ever bought - from Walmart when i was about 13. I think it came to $67 with tax.

I made it a holy gun. I shot the heck out of it.

So much, in fact, that I wore down the firing pin and had to replace it!

John

Man, I really need to get a rifle. :whistle:

I have a Ruger 10/22 for sale for $240, they are perfect for the appleseed.

Crickey. Are 10/22s that much now. I bought mine - the first gun I ever bought - from Walmart when i was about 13. I think it came to $67 with tax.

I made it a holy gun. I shot the heck out of it.

So much, in fact, that I wore down the firing pin and had to replace it!

John

Yup they run specials every now & then & you can find them around $200 if you are lucky!!

Holy Cow folks!!

Alton- 4/17-18 SOLD OUT

Bonfield- 4/17-18 SOLD OUT

Waterman- 4/17-18 30 spots left

Durand- 4/17-18 15 spots left!!!!

We are getting close to the wire folks!!

So Kenny, what is 400 rounds of ammo for that squirell rifle of yours gonna run ya :ahappy:

Can't wait to work with you all at Durand, it will be a great time.

As for those who do not own rifles yet :whistle:

I like the Ruger 10/22, but for the price it is hard to beat the Marlin 795. They are usually on sale for 100 bucks!!!! A Mosin Nagant goes for what 80-90??

You can do it!!!!!!

So Kenny, what is 400 rounds of ammo for that squirell rifle of yours gonna run ya :whistle:

I can get 160 rounds for just over $400 so I can get 480 rounds for $1260 i have around 500 rounds already. THIS IS GOING TO BE A FUN APPLESEED BOYS & GIRLS!!

Kenny, will there be extracurricular plinking opportunity after instructional hours? As in can I (should I) bring a pistol/revolver???

It is up to the instructors I guess but I have no problem with it I would say bring it, it doesn't take up that much room.

Archived