The only joy I receive in all this....

Buzzard

Illinois will become yet another shining example of how electing leftist governments takes away your rights and infringes on the most basic principles this country was founded on. Not that we really needed another example in this day and age. But for every feather they add to that anti gun, anti freedom cap it leads to hundreds and thousands of more enemies that they make. Not joyous or a silver lining for me, but at least its heading people in the right direction for when that line is finally drawn.

I certainly don't intend to be on this side of that line it when it happens. I will be standing with the free folk.

There won't be an awakening. They'll be happy to hold on to their bolt-action rifles while the rest of our rights burn down around them.

Bolt action ammunition is not "Ammo Tax" exempt. Unless the bolt action boys want to drive a long way for shells. Same for the shot gun boys. Get ready to pay for your "sins" Fudds!

Yeah but they only buy one box a year anyway.

There won't be an awakening. They'll be happy to hold on to their bolt-action rifles while the rest of our rights burn down around them.

Bolt action ammunition is not "Ammo Tax" exempt. Unless the bolt action boys want to drive a long way for shells. Same for the shot gun boys. Get ready to pay for your "sins" Fudds!

Their "sniper" rifles are next to be banned.

Agreed! The anti-gunners have learned that they only need to hang scary names on century old technology and the gullible non-gunners immediately swallow their fictitious rhetoric and begin parroting it as the gospel truth. And before you know it - the mindless minions are calling for bans without knowing why!!

The anti-gunners have learned that they only need to hang scary names on century old technology and the gullible non-gunners immediately swallow their fictitious rhetoric and begin parroting it as the gospel truth.

True that semi-auto firearms tech is a century old and the antis would like you to believe it was invented yesterday and is something brand new for them to 'deal with'.

Heck the AR15 and AK47 platform are fast approaching century old tech!

If we were going to convince leftists of anything, it would've helped to do so BEFORE the election. The reality is, no one is going to be convinced. They are not interested in being convinced or even having an honest discussion. They've made up their minds. You are a bad person. They are good people. You want children to die. They want to save children. Guns are bad. No one should own a "weapon of war". Gun dealers are profiting off of death. Gun dealers should be forced out of business with red tape, taxes, and harassment.

This is reality. The only way to stop them is to defeat them. You won't convert them. Unfortunately, you live in Illinois and they cannot be defeated. The NPCs outnumber you about 2-to-1. You can keep fighting and I think we will. But, I don't expect many victories going forward except in the judicial system. Get your checkbook ready.

Look at the bright side, it was prohibition that created interstate trucking, after creating the mob, then teamsters, Hoffa, etc... who needed it for distribution.

If it wasn't for Al Capone no-one in the UK (and some in PA) would even be able to point to Chicago on the map.

Nothing better then a good black market to fuel the economy.

Look at the bright side, it was prohibition that created interstate trucking, after creating the mob, then teamsters, Hoffa, etc... who needed it for distribution.

If it wasn't for Al Capone no-one in the UK (and some in PA) would even be able to point to Chicago on the map.

I could see people crossing state lines and having family or friends do straw purchases for them.

I could see people crossing state lines and having family or friends do straw purchases for them.

That's the other part of the tax I'm worried about. If it's anything like we've seen in California they will outlaw the purchase of out of state ammo (bringing it back into the state).

That's the other part of the tax I'm worried about. If it's anything like we've seen in California they will outlaw the purchase of out of state ammo (bringing it back into the state).

That seems virtually impossible to enforce. Are they going to stop and search every vehicle on the highways coming into the state? Good luck with that.

Let's say I go out of state for a hunting trip. I buy ammo. When all is said an done, I have some leftover ammo. Should I dispose of it in the garbage? How am I supposed to get rid of it before returning to Illinois? And, um, let's say I was stopped at the border of Illinois. I won't consent to a search and I won't answer any questions. If they decide to search anyway, how will they prove I didn't buy the ammo at home and take it with me?

Cali has approved ammo vendors. They will have to run a background check before they can pickup ammo purchased online and shipped to the vendor. Shipped to your door is out of the question.

Reloaders in Cali are not affected by any of this which suggests there could be a boom market for reloading components.

The difference for Cali is the scheme is more about regulating who can get ammo, not about taxing it. There's conflicting legislation in Cali, some requires a $50 permit for ammo, and other does not...none of the rights groups in Cali are fighting this ...probably hoping the $50 doesn't come to pass.

By way of contrast, Illinois already regulates who can get ammo via FOID. Illinois is looking for ways to raise revenue and perhaps use taxation to leverage and create a disincentive to buying ammo at all...those goals are somewhat in conflict with each other.

Archived