1/21/20: Sen Morrison/Rep Carroll town hall at Northbrook Library

steveTA84

82112501_2481519148761602_65684695665470

...Some of my colleagues and I are hosting a town hall meeting Tuesday, January 21 at the Northbrook Public Library.

The event is an opportunity for you to learn about our goals for the upcoming legislative session and ask any questions you may have.

It is free and open to the public. Please RSVP by visiting the attached link: https://northbrooktownhall.eventbrite.com/

...Northbrook Town Hall Meeting with Local Legislators

About this Event

Please join Senators Julie Morrison and Laura Fine, and Representatives Bob Morgan, Jonathon Carroll, Robyn Gabel and Jennifer Gong-Gershowitz for a Town Hall Meeting at the Northbrook Public Library. Lawmakers will give a legislative update and answer questions about the upcoming legislative session. The Tuesday, Jan. 21event is free and open to the public.

Date And Time

Tue, January 21, 2020

6:30 PM 8:00 PM CST

Northbrook Public Library

1201 Cedar Lane

Northbrook, IL 60062

Julie Morrison is too smart to fall for that twice. Ask Bob Morgan something instead. What's the difference between semiautomatic and fully automatic Bob? He's never held a gun in his life they're way too scary. He's a full on Bernie Sanders anti gun communist too.

Questions to ask and get on record:

1. Why do you support a raise in FOID fees when its already been determined you just sweep the funds elsewhere?

2. Do you, as legislators, feel guilty for using funds meant to keep the FOID/CCL system running, to which the Aurora shooting could have been prevented if money was used correctly in 2018 and not used for unrelated programs?

3. How do you plan to enforce proposed weapons bans?

4. If I dont register my legally purchased weapons should a registration bill pass, will the Illinois State Police or local law enforcement show up at my door with guns and demand I turn in my guns that are in violation?

5. Since SB337 allows the ISP to inspect gun ship transactions, will the ISP be taking note of purchased weapons in order to ensure people are in compliance with paying registration fees should a bill pass?

6. I own an AR-15 and I will not register it after the comments Senator Morrison said. What are you going to do about someone like myself? Are you going to respect my decision or classify me as a criminal thats no different than a gangbanger in Chicago?

7. We are all seeing whats happening in Virginia. You have to admit, we here in Illinois have been much more tame about it. Would you admit that possibly putting the brakes on gun control could be more beneficial in the long run and stop something like the uprising thats happening in Virginia?

8. I am a law abiding citizen and legally own all of my weapons. Should new laws be enacted banning what I have or requiring registration, which I refuse to do, why are you willing to put myself and my family at risk of enforcement by force? I dont want my wife/husband and child to be at risk of getting shot by nervous gun safety enforcement officers.

9. We all saw what happened at the Church in Fort Worth. What is your position of legally carried firearms in places that are usually Gun Free Zones and did you know that the Texas chapter of MDA lobbied heavily against that law/clarification that saved lives that day?

1. Because it’s the government’s money, we just let you rubes use it.

2. Haaa haaa ahhh!! Oh, you’re serious? Listen deplorable, we’re politicians, we don’t feel guilt.

3. If you have a record, we’ll let you go with a warning. If you have a clean record, then we’ll let you go in front of a firing squad.

4. I thought I answered that question already, anyways, you can refer to my previous answer.

5. If we want to.

6. See answer 3, and you are different, you didn’t vote for me or my distinguished friend on the left.

7. I don’t read the news, but I’m sure that the ISP can run off a list of FOID holders and we’ll just send Bernie supporters to all your houses.

8. I don’t really care about the law. I care about control. And if I can’t control you, then see answer 7.

9. I saw in Texas where a mean ol gun person shot a mentally handicapped person that was just looking for love and acceptance. I was horrified to find out from a staff member, because I don’t read any laws, that Illinois doesn’t restrict guns in churches. My place of worship, the state legislative building, is restricted, and I think all of you superstitious hicks should be just as safe as I am in my worship place, so I plan to sponsor legislation to put churches in the restricted category. That way no one will ever get shot in one ever again.

I think that any questions asked should be prefaced by the asker stating . . .

"As a taxpayer, and thus the employer of public servants such as yourself, I'd like a non-equivocating answer to the following question, since politicians are known to be disinclined to answer straightforwardly and honestly when asked anything that challenges them or conflicts with their own personally biased ideology."

• 3 weeks later...

I saw four 2A people including myself.

How bout anti numbers?

Darned good question SteveTA!

I saw no Red Shirts!

Maybe they did not like becoming popular.

I saw a couple of people get kicked out for speaking up and speaking out,

and it was over taxes and pensions.

The event was poorly attended, less than half the seats were taken.

The staffers tried to keep me out because I'm out of district, they had identified me beforehand, I think. I'm sure.

I gave event-brite a malformed form of my street address, but with a deerfield zip code. Honest mistake, Honest.

I asked the staffer if I could just look and see how crowded it was. I had a good laugh when I saw.

At 6:20 I just walked in and had a good seat near my favorite State Senator.

So they have learned from past openness and ran this tightly, with only questions submitted on index cards, which they filtered.

One of our people submitted a manifesto, and after the event was underway. Yea, like they were gonna read 2 pages, really.

The MC voice of authority was the librarian, and anyone who spoke up was warned once, then asked to leave. Northbrook's finest were there to make sure.

My favorite State Senator left out the side door at the conclusion.

82112501_2481519148761602_65684695665470

...Some of my colleagues and I are hosting a town hall meeting Tuesday, January 21 at the Northbrook Public Library.

The event is an opportunity for you to learn about our goals for the upcoming legislative session and ask any questions you may have.

It is free and open to the public. Please RSVP by visiting the attached link: https://northbrooktownhall.eventbrite.com/

...Northbrook Town Hall Meeting with Local Legislators

About this Event

Please join Senators Julie Morrison and Laura Fine, and Representatives Bob Morgan, Jonathon Carroll, Robyn Gabel and Jennifer Gong-Gershowitz for a Town Hall Meeting at the Northbrook Public Library. Lawmakers will give a legislative update and answer questions about the upcoming legislative session. The Tuesday, Jan. 21event is free and open to the public.

Date And Time

Tue, January 21, 2020

6:30 PM 8:00 PM CST

Northbrook Public Library

1201 Cedar Lane

Northbrook, IL 60062

We shouldn't have to learn about their goals. They should be learning about ours.

Archived