Foid Renewal Wait Time

I applied 11/22 and still show QC Verified. Just checked today. Called ISP since and was told they are working it. Before I had called my app was still Under Review. It moved to QC Verified shortly after I called. Working on 39 days

It seems based on our very anecdotal evidence that calling is a must. It seems that if you call, or have your rep call, you get moved to the top of the pile. That shouldn't be how the world works, but I guess it is. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

I applied 11/22 and still show QC Verified. Just checked today. Called ISP since and was told they are working it. Before I had called my app was still Under Review. It moved to QC Verified shortly after I called. Working on 39 days

It seems based on our very anecdotal evidence that calling is a must. It seems that if you call, or have your rep call, you get moved to the top of the pile. That shouldn't be how the world works, but I guess it is. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

So, is that consistent for CCW renewals as well?

In 5 years of dedicated following and reading it has been a fact that calling and or e-mailing or just a simple timing thing!

Most if not all of those who have documented this procedure have done so at or near the end time limit.

FOID and CCL have had these done and both end with the normal, if there is a normal in Illinois, timelines everyone else is getting!

2012 to 2014 FOID’s were arriving between 24 to 30 days with no issues.

The original CCL’s which were a 60, 90, 120 days to issue, ( one of those numbers is wrong but I forget).

Many of us were reporting a CCL in 45 to 55 days back then, no phone calls needed.

A few had record issues, ie: 35 to 38 day approval and in a few cases actual cards.

As an example one lucky fella was at day 110 for his CCL without prints, “they are a day late he proclaimed”.

Posted here several times about his calls and e-mails to ISP.

Daily posts ensued and on day 118 he went approved on the ISP web site. It worked he posted, it worked.

He posted later that he received his “card in hand” 8 days later.

So did he help?

110+8+8=126

Seems he got his card in the same time frame that several hundred were already posting about here at IC.

I think I understand that excitement of getting approved and having that card in hand.

But I’m waiting for that call/e-mail which goes out (documented) at day 25 for the FOID or day 75 for a CCL and see it get fast tracked and actually beat the already normal time lines!

***Note***

No disrespect intended

Many have used the Rep call

Many have just sit back and waited knowing when it would be here

Almost all the threads here, if read will have a time frame very close to each other, nothing earlier, but many later.

Happy New Year to all and Carry On........

I applied for my FOID renewal 9/23/19, it expired 12/01/19 and on the website I am still under review as of 01/05/2020 calls and E-mails to the ISP are left unanswered. I know they are short staffed and handling a lot of applications but this seems a little excessive, in my past renewals 90 days would be about the max i ever had to get card in hand. Here I am at 104 calendar days and still "under review." Its annoying to say the least.

I applied for my FOID renewal 9/23/19, it expired 12/01/19 and on the website I am still under review as of 01/05/2020 calls and E-mails to the ISP are left unanswered. I know they are short staffed and handling a lot of applications but this seems a little excessive, in my past renewals 90 days would be about the max i ever had to get card in hand. Here I am at 104 calendar days and still "under review." Its annoying to say the least.

Renewals are 60 business days. Thats 12 weeks then throw in holidays plus staff taking days during that time so 104 isnt totally a surprise. Even though you dont have a physical active card, your card should still be valid.

Not to worry, the new $1M phone system is going to solve it all /s

It's bad enough that a new card takes 30 days, really 90 days.

The renewal should be a slam dunk, after all, for the whole 10 years that you've held the damn thing the ISP runs a check on you daily.

But noooooooo, we had to give the (past) governor another 30 days because they can't get it done with no money (sweep, sweep) and office hijinkxz in the closet takes away from the ability to get the job done.

Renewals are 60 business days. Thats 12 weeks then throw in holidays plus staff taking days during that time so 104 isnt totally a surprise. Even though you dont have a physical active card, your card should still be valid.

Not to worry, the new $1M phone system is going to solve it all /s

It's still useable according to my local shop/range, at least they still let me on the range to shoot. I'd like to start the process for my CCL but figured I should get my Foid renewal through the system first. Don't want to crash the system having my name in twice.

Ok, so, for those who want to compare. I decided not to call my rep. I applied for the FOID on 11/22/2019. On 12/23/219, 31 days, I called ISP. They informed me they were working on my application. It showed “Submitted” using the inspection truck. About five hours after, I checked back and it was “QC Verified”. I waited, and waited. Nothing. I debated calling my rep, but after reading this thread I thought I’ll just wait it out. I know I’ll be approved it’s just a matter of when. Today I checked and the inspection took days “Approved”. It has been 47 calendar days. I imagine it will be close to 60 calendar days by the time I have the FOID in-hand. As a reminder, ISP has 30 CALENDAR days. Not 30 business days as the rep tried to argue with me. I had to point her to the email confirmation I received upon payment that said they would approve or reject in 30 calendar days.

Tried to call the ISP yesterday and couldn't get through. So I called my senators office, they called the ISP and called me back, ISP said they had me listed at 55days. I'm not sure how many holidays the workers got between September and now but is is a heck of a lot more than I got at work. :Ahem...: Senators office said if my status hasn't changed from under review by the end of next week to call them back.

ISP has 30 CALENDAR days. Not 30 business days as the rep tried to argue with me. I had to point her to the email confirmation I received upon payment that said they would approve or reject in 30 calendar days.

Can someone clear this up about the actual days the ISP has to issue FOID and CCL. I can't find anything different than what I stated below ,maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

My understanding is it's 30 days for the FOID and 90 or 120 for CCL depending on prints.. My renewal paper work from the ISP says days not business days. I keep seeing people say its business days or if its a FOID renewal they have 60 days instead of 30 ect….. Where are these other times frames coming from, is it just the ISP moving the goal posts?

What does the actual law say?

Thanks

New FOID 30 calendar days. Renewal FOID 60 business days.

CCL with prints 90 days. CCL with no prints 120 days.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=1657&ChapterID=39

(430 ILCS 65/5) (from Ch. 38, par. 83-5)

Sec. 5. Application and renewal.

(a) The Department of State Police shall either approve or deny all applications within 30 days from the date they are received, except as provided in subsection (B) of this Section, and every applicant found qualified under Section 8 of this Act by the Department shall be entitled to a Firearm Owner's Identification Card upon the payment of a $10 fee. Any applicant who is an active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States, a member of the Illinois National Guard, or a member of the Reserve Forces of the United States is exempt from the application fee. $6 of each fee derived from the issuance of Firearm Owner's Identification Cards, or renewals thereof, shall be deposited in the Wildlife and Fish Fund in the State Treasury; $1 of the fee shall be deposited in the State Police Services Fund and $3 of the fee shall be deposited in the State Police Firearm Services Fund.

(B) Renewal applications shall be approved or denied within 60 business days, provided the applicant submitted his or her renewal application prior to the expiration of his or her Firearm Owner's Identification Card. If a renewal application has been submitted prior to the expiration date of the applicant's Firearm Owner's Identification Card, the Firearm Owner's Identification Card shall remain valid while the Department processes the application, unless the person is subject to or becomes subject to revocation under this Act. The cost for a renewal application shall be $10 which shall be deposited into the State Police Firearm Services Fund.

(Source: P.A. 100-906, eff. 1-1-19.)

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=3497&ChapterID=39

(8) a full set of fingerprints submitted to the

Department in electronic format, provided the Department may accept an application submitted without a set of fingerprints in which case the Department shall be granted 30 days in addition to the 90 days provided under subsection (e) of Section 10 of this Act to issue or deny a license;

ISP has no law to follow

It’s the least best kept secret on these forums

If I had a nickel for everyone who thinks the ISP is going to fast track anything, well you get the idea

I know, I know, no one wants to read

And are here to answer questions, we are a forum after all

But “The Forums” are full of this answer

I’ll get flamed maybe even suspended, but it would help to read or just file a lawsuit and get it done

It’s been this way now for 5 plus years I’ve been reading and supporting IC

And it’s not changing anytime soon

So the way I read the above is...

New FOID 30 days

Renewal FOID 60 business days

CCL 90 days with prints, 120 days without.

So the only one that’s actually business days is the FOID renewal, everything else should be calendar days.

I just keep reading a lot of posts with misinformation, thank you for the clarification.

And there is no penalty to the ISP for not meeting dates as written in the law.

ISP has no law to follow

It’s the least best kept secret on these forums

If I had a nickel for everyone who thinks the ISP is going to fast track anything, well you get the idea

I know, I know, no one wants to read

And are here to answer questions, we are a forum after all

But “The Forums” are full of this answer

I’ll get flamed maybe even suspended, but it would help to read or just file a lawsuit and get it done

It’s been this way now for 5 plus years I’ve been reading and supporting IC

And it’s not changing anytime soon

I fully understand the ISP is going to do whatever it wants within whatever time frame they choose.

I just wanted clarification on the business day time frame, keep seeing conflicting information.

That’s the way with any forums, lots of facts but also lots of opinions disguised as facts.

If they had a week for Thanksgiving, and a week for both Christmas and New years, plus the day off for Veterans day then the 55 days I was told would probably be pretty close.

Who gets a full week for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years when you've only got a 1 to 5 person staff? That would be pretty amazing. A couple of days, yes, but not entire week!

If they had a week for Thanksgiving, and a week for both Christmas and New years, plus the day off for Veterans day then the 55 days I was told would probably be pretty close.Who gets a full week for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years when you've only got a 1 to 5 person staff? That would be pretty amazing. A couple of days, yes, but not entire week!
I agree, but,..... Illinois!!! Who knows???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Very similar situation as you. 9/28/19 renewed,12/01/19 FOID expired. Day 75 if I have counted correctly. I have emailed them and No response. Tried calling just before 4:00p.m. and got hung up on.

• Molly B. changed the title to Foid Renewal Wait Time
  • Molly B. pinned this topic

Archived