Libertyville also having an AWB meeting on the 22?

evilbrownrifle

I've heard through the grapevine that this is the case. If so, any Libertyville folk interesting in fighting back drop me a line in the PM. I think there is a good strategy we can use to change the dynamics of these meetings.

Libertyville Village Board Meeting

Tuesday May 22

8 pm

Village Hall Board Room,

118 West Cook Ave., Libertyville.

The municipal code might or might not be related. Worth having someone thre thogh and at least minimally prepared. At best to call them on not identifying a major issue that needs public debate to get it pushed back.

As for SDA, that should be resisted as well. This is far more of a political organization than an honest gun safety thing (though no doubt many of the volunteers are oblivious to that) I am developing materials that can lay this out very clearly so you can ask the board if they are now an arm of the resist movement and if they need to identify their political orientation the next board election as they seem to be becoming an arm of one specific political party. Point out how divisuive this is and ask if there will be equal time for the pro choice movement etc.

I know it can be a bit daunting to take part in this type of stuff, even a bit irritating for those of us (like myself) who just want to kick back and do other things. But I can tell you it's a great feeling at the end of the day to know you did your part. Even it it was just attending the meeting or makeing a comment or two.

I know it can be a bit daunting to take part in this type of stuff, even a bit irritating for those of us (like myself) who just want to kick back and do other things. But I can tell you it's a great feeling at the end of the day to know you did your part. Even it it was just attending the meeting or makeing a comment or two.

+1 brother

The municipal code might or might not be related. Worth having someone thre thogh and at least minimally prepared. At best to call them on not identifying a major issue that needs public debate to get it pushed back.

As for SDA, that should be resisted as well. This is far more of a political organization than an honest gun safety thing (though no doubt many of the volunteers are oblivious to that) I am developing materials that can lay this out very clearly so you can ask the board if they are now an arm of the resist movement and if they need to identify their political orientation the next board election as they seem to be becoming an arm of one specific political party. Point out how divisuive this is and ask if there will be equal time for the pro choice movement etc.

SDA,MDA, Everytown are all the exact same. They are just branching out to grab more people. Next up: LGBQT Demand Action

We need to show up in numbers so the village board knows without a doubt that not everyone agrees with the Demand Groups.

Molly, the Village boards for most of these places dont care (North Shore area). I dont know if youre from around that area, but its peeing in the wind for the most part. However, doesnt mean dont try. There are a few that arent corrupted to all leftist policies

We need to show up in numbers so the village board knows without a doubt that not everyone agrees with the Demand Groups.

Molly, the Village boards for most of these places dont care (North Shore area). I dont know if youre from around that area, but its peeing in the wind for the most part. However, doesnt mean dont try. There are a few that arent corrupted to all leftist policiesville North Shore, particularly as far as politics go. Mor swing split than Northshore. So, it does, in fact, have an effect.

I don't consider Libertyville, North Shore. Much more Swing than left up here. It is definitely worth it, and can have an impact.

The total absurd irony about a town called LIBERTYville trying to take away people's LIBERTY.

Highland Park, Deerfield, Chicago transplants no doubt infested that area (as they always do)

Yep, so ironic.

If you read the Agenda linked to above the 'mysterious' Item K, is found on page 136 of the Agenda. It is a change, to basically allow the Mayor and Board to Oust the City Administrator, via vote. Could be Nefarious, but not sure how it applies to us.

Now what I couldn't find listed is what the Students Demand Action item, Resolution for Use of Village Property is. Everything else is on their, in order of the agenda.

Considering that they are first speaking (SDA), which is what I assume Proclamation Students Demand Action is, I suspect they are going to explain what they want in the Resolution. AND, what that looks like to me is they want to do a walk, a demonstration, a rally or display of some kind on village property, and will speak to that, and then the board will vote to allow them use of property. MIGHT even be for the Memorial Day Parade, which BTW the VFW sponsored parade is also on the Agenda for a Resolution to use Cook Park. Or considering it IS Memorial Day, some request to honor the Students lives lost to guns, blah blah.

It would be nice if a Pro Student, or students (Pro 2a or Pro Life) could be rallied to speak in the unscheduled 3 minute portions, depending on what they are asking for, demanding equal representation/time etc.

And, that might be the approach for non students. Again, depending on what they are asking for, for village property use. Hard road to publicly attack children, no matter how used and misguided they are.

AND, depending on what they are asking, the political bias approach might work as well. "This debate, has good or bad, taken on strong political undertones to it." "Can the Village really 'pick sides' like this"............... ..

Archived