On My 89th day my status went to UNDER BOARD REVIEW

Isiah89

My whole record is expunged. I sent proof to ISP in sept 2018 in an appeal for my foid and later received my foid in May. I did the finger prints August 27th so I could get my CCL in 90 days which would have been today 11-25. Yesterday on my 89th day my status changed to Under Board Review. Any suggestions as to why my status didnt go to active today which is my 90th day. With prints & what is under board review

Unfortunately someone in law enforcement in the state of IL has made an objection to you getting your CCL. I had the same thing happen to me back in 2016. I did eventually receive my CCL a day short of 1 year from the day I applied. You are now at the mercy of the board of review. They will either over rule the objection and you will get your CCL, or if they are thinking of denying you, they will ask for more information (your side of the story pretty much) before making a decision. Not the answer you were wanting to hear, I remember how I felt when I got put UBR! But anyhow hope this helps!

If they over rule it, you will change from UBR back to under review, followed by it changing to active shortly after that. The main issue you are waiting on is for the review board to look at your application, until they do, you wait unfortunately. I haven't kept up on here so I have no idea of current wait times for UBR apps getting in front of the board. You might try looking at older threads about the review board to get an idea or ask Molly. But yes, if they over rule to objection on their own, you won't get any notification, your CCL will just go active. If they decide they want more info then you will get a pop up on the ISP page and something in the mail. I was lucky to still have the people Rauner appointed, the current guys are/will be appointed by Pritzger.

They objected to my entire arrest history in Sangamon County. Nothing specifically, all the way back to when I was 17 and got in trouble joy riding in someone else's car. Lol, not exactly something I would think would consider me dangerous but this IS IL! I was 36 when I applied to give you an idea of how long ago that was. I also feel like they do these things to make you give up but please keep in mind, you've already done the 16 hours, fingerprints, and paid the fee. Just be patient and it should come eventually. As hard as it sounds, try to put all of this in the back of your mind or it will drive you crazy, ask me how I know lol

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I hope so too! So you know, I had to reply to the board and they over ruled it. I honestly think it was due to the vagueness of the objection. Sang Co just sent them my arrest record as the objection, so they just wanted to hear what happened and then they over ruled it and I got my CCL anyways. If and when the time comes, feel free to message me and I would be happy to help any way I can with experience answering the board. Molly would be much better help but I will help where I can. I pretty much told them what happened in each arrest and had a certified copy from the curcuit clerk of the disposition/outcome for each.

See this is why I’m lost because my record is expunged. The review board should over rule it on they own without hearing from me. I’ve never been convicted/charged or done jail time. Everything was just arrest and got dropped at my first court date. I messaged molly she didn reply to me yet. I can’t help. It wonder if this is different when it comes to B&W

Is it possible my CCL went under board review because my address doesn’t match my CCL and foid? I figure I would have gotten something in the mail prompting me to correct one or the other. on my license it says “unit B” on my foid/CCL it says “apt B”

If that was the case I think your app would likely have been Rejected rather than placed Under Board Review, and you would have needed to sign in and correct it.

Archived