Photo

Rep Bieser and Senator Haine not running for re-election

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bmyers

• Members
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:18 AM

Both of them have announced that they are not seeking re-election. They both have been strong 2nd Amendment supporters. 

I'm starting to wonder if they all see the writing on the wall and know it is time to jump ship?

#2 Glock23

I am no one.

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:20 AM

On the plus side, maybe we can gain one or two Republican seats. I think Mike Babcock only lost to Beiser by a few percentage points last election. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member

** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender

** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year Member

** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#3 jpearson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:24 AM

The spread between Beiser and Babcock was 4% with Beiser voting for the income tax increase combined with his age he is vulnerable. Haine is all about age.

Madison County is starting to trend Republican due to the loss of influence by Labor Unions

#4 InterestedBystander

• 3,305 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:28 AM

Saw this chart in a tweet. And it sounds like Rep Phelps is going to be added to the House Dem side.

DIgZ8lGXkAg9zvK.jpg

Edited by InterestedBystander, 31 August 2017 - 09:30 AM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#5 max503

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:55 AM

Both of them have announced that they are not seeking re-election. They both have been strong 2nd Amendment supporters. 

I'm starting to wonder if they all see the writing on the wall and know it is time to jump ship?

What writing on the wall?  I'm from Madison County and I voted for Babcock.

Edited by max503, 01 September 2017 - 10:56 AM.

#6 mikew

• Members
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

The Southern Illinoisan has word of Phelps' resignation today.

#7 InterestedBystander

• 3,305 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

The Southern Illinoisan has word of Phelps' resignation today.

http://thesouthern.c...5d45012d27.html
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#8 bmyers

• Members
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

That Illinois is a sinking ship and that years of poor management is about to destroy the state. 

#9 JTHunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:15 PM

That Illinois is a sinking ship and that years of poor management is about to destroy the state.

Not "about to" - an already done deal.  These are just the contortions of a corpse.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#10 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:53 AM

I'm curious: what exactly will happen when our fiscal crisis finally implodes? I haven't been able to find any sources online that even attempt to describe what'll happen. I try seeing it in terms of what'll happen to Chicago, since they're the biggest consumer of tax dollars in the state:

-Transit funding will dry up, meaning service cuts and fare hikes, if not outright service stoppages due to strikes;

-School funding will be impacted, so I suspect that teachers might strike due to uncertainties in the payment of their paychecks;

-Disruptions in pension payments, leading to lawsuits;

-Political crisis in Springfield as people begin infighting to try and secure funding to temporarily hold things over

I'm trying to think of what else might happen, but I'm drawing a blank

Edited by MrTriple, 07 September 2017 - 10:54 AM.

"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#11 mikew

• Members
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:05 AM

1_slideshow.jpg

desolate-city-infected-rpg.jpg

#12 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

1_slideshow.jpg

desolate-city-infected-rpg.jpg

Do you think it's plausible we could become like Detroit? It's hard to see if you're living in, say, Lincoln Park, but I do get a bit of a "Detroit" vibe in many neighborhoods on the south side.

It'll be interesting if places like Lincoln Park become Detroitified.
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#13 Cutekids3

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:45 AM

Bill Haines is resigning owing to health problems.  He unfortunately has cancer and he was a dedicated supporter of the 2nd amendment.  For the first, since before FDR was elected president, Madison County has a Republican majority on the county board. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users