Photo

What can I own?

cook county assault weapon ar15 ak47 ban blair-holt pistol rifle semi-auto magazine

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

"Don't ask, don't tell."

Sad but true -- in Crook Illinois what the law says, who said it, and what can happen (or not) is a tad vague at best --  until we get a definite law (and preeminence that 'they' actually listen to), SCOTUS guidance, or (help ya) a trial rulling, best trust in the Lord and keep your powder dry.

#32 tracker366

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

Anything that looks scary.

#33 Hazborgufen

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:57 PM

"Don't ask, don't tell."

Sad but true -- in Crook Illinois what the law says, who said it, and what can happen (or not) is a tad vague at best --  until we get a definite law (and preeminence that 'they' actually listen to), SCOTUS guidance, or (help ya) a trial rulling, best trust in the Lord and keep your powder dry.

This is a reasonable stance to take, and I used to for many years. I got tired of it though and have instead educated myself as best I could so that I am confident in what I am doing. Thus I can be a vocal advocate. If everyone keeps quiet, nothing will change and the anti's will have the loudest voice. 

I no longer keep my status as a gun owner private from people. I don't volunteer it and and will maintain some discretion in a work environment of course, but I won't keep it hidden. If gun owners keep quiet about owning guns it might make you invisible privately, but it also makes you invisible politically. My hope is that by being open about my guns I am normalizing gun ownership among the people I interact with. And by having all of my ducks in a row and I am confident that I am within the law (though of course the concern is always there).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cook county, assault weapon, ar15, ak47, ban, blair-holt, pistol, rifle, semi-auto, magazine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users