Photo

Niles Gun Range

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Parman

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:48 PM

Any updates? I haven't been in the area for a while to check.

#62 BigKahuna

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

Drove by the last few days hoping to see some activity. None to report. The area around the building looks like it has been tended to. Weeds removed and grass cut. Hope that's a good sign. But no trucks or workers any day.

If someone knows Jim Oraha maybe they can make contact and find out what's up.

#63 byxlaw

• Supporting Members Team
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

To my observation, no changes to exterior. Rough, holes, one door plywood-ed. However, saw activity on Howard St side of building: two sets of geese families briskly walking from NW corner Eastbound towards Howard St. Geeslings were well protected by parents, one in front, othe in the back of each line. Have they already attended training?.. Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

#64 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

To my observation, no changes to exterior. Rough, holes, one door plywood-ed. However, saw activity on Howard St side of building: two sets of geese families briskly walking from NW corner Eastbound towards Howard St. Geeslings were well protected by parents, one in front, othe in the back of each line. Have they already attended training?.. Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yes, they attended Combat Quacking training, and have 8 hours credit as veterans in the War against the Ducks  :)

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#65 Patriots & Tyrants

• Members
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:59 AM

This is worse than Christmas, I would shoot 4 times a week if this place opened it is right by my office and on the way home.

#66 BigKahuna

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:06 PM

Anybody have any updates on the status of the construction of this range? Every time I go by on the way back from Costco I look for activity. Haven't seen anything going on in at least a month.

#67 Patriots & Tyrants

• Members
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

Anybody have any updates on the status of the construction of this range? Every time I go by on the way back from Costco I look for activity. Haven't seen anything going on in at least a month.

Same fences are down and from the outside it looks like nothing is happening. Social media is dead, I called a couple of months back and got nothing. I hope it still happens , it would be in perfect proximity to my office. If they need a partner I wish they'd reach out I am sure they could find one in our community.

#68 Colt guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:36 PM

Fences down. Holes in building. Nothing happening. I think this is dead.
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

#69 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:10 AM

Ugh... The business owners don't owe us anything, but a lot of gun owners took the time to speak at the Niles hearing. And I do think it's important for Secondary Amendment to fight infringements whenever and wherever they occur - regardless if there is a specific business involved or not. But I don't know, it seems like after the effort that was put forth by the gun-owning community that the owners would be a little more forthcoming with information about the progress of this gun range.

Edited by C0untZer0, 06 August 2017 - 07:11 AM.

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

#70 BigKahuna

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

I wonder if they are awaiting the outcome on the Dealer Licensing legislation. Maybe they are wondering what the impact would be on a range and store.

#71 FieldGL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

Oh man, hope this range pulls through and opens sometime in the near future. Was really looking forward to this one. 

#72 Patriots & Tyrants

• Members
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:06 AM

Ugh... The business owners don't owe us anything, but a lot of gun owners took the time to speak at the Niles hearing. And I do think it's important for Secondary Amendment to fight infringements whenever and wherever they occur - regardless if there is a specific business involved or not. But I don't know, it seems like after the effort that was put forth by the gun-owning community that the owners would be a little more forthcoming with information about the progress of this gun range.

That is not really how most businesses work though, workers just show up one day and a sign is on the door "we regret to say we are closed due to financial hardship". The end or worse yet the doors are locked, no sign and its just gone.

Considering this place never opened they could very well just drop off the radar. No paid employees to reply to e mails, calls, social media. The owner probably has no time to contemplate a failed business venture.

My guess is the double whammy of the delays over the legal fight and then a massive drop off in potential future business with Trump winning and demand plunging. 

It very well could just be in Limbo looking for investors.

Edited by Patriots & Tyrants, 24 August 2017 - 09:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users