Crime on CTA/Mass Transit ... Reports and Data

• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#301 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

No one mentioned the gang fight and shooting on the Red Line downtown yesterday?

https://www.dnainfo....tion-police-say

The CTA, its vehicles, and all properties it owns or runs are gun-free zones. Ergo, no shooting could have occurred on it, because the designation as gun free and the magic signs will unerringly keep out all firearms and prevent all shootings in areas designated under their aegis.

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#302 RoadyRunner

• Members
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:48 AM

Or as SCC said... http://secondcitycop...rains-rahm.html

Hey, wait a minute. If guns are banned, how did this guy get shot on a train? Someone is lying here.

IC Supporting member
NRA life member
NRA certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#303 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

Honestly don't know how the yuppies justify staying in this city, I really don't. If you've lived here most or all of your life I can understand why you'd stay, but if you had other options why bother? Why? I don't get it. And I'm the bad guy when I question the narrative.
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#304 jeterlancer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

Honestly don't know how the yuppies justify staying in this city, I really don't. If you've lived here most or all of your life I can understand why you'd stay, but if you had other options why bother? Why? I don't get it. And I'm the bad guy when I question the narrative.

I guess I sort of fit that narrative. The reason I'm happy here for now is because I'm a foodie, I enjoy riding my bike to work, and the cultural options are nearly unlimited. I think people enjoy living here because you get a city life but without NYC or San Francisco cost of living.

I suppose you could say I'm living in Chicago for a sort of "extended vacation". Once my "vacation" is over (probably in 2 years when I'm ready to buy a home), I'll move somewhere more logical, even if it's just NW Indiana.

Moved to Chicago from Texas because Dallas wasn't the right place for me at this time. It's a better fit for people who are looking to settle down.

Now would I have moved to Chicago if they still had a handgun ban and no concealed carry? heck to the no!

#305 transplant

• Members
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

Man, 30, shot on Green Line train at Ashland stop; 2 being questioned

http://chicago.sunti...d-on-train/amp/

Hillary Clinton is an "Original Classification Authority" - she knows exactly what she did with her emails.

(4) the original classification authority determines that the unauthorized disclosure of the information reasonably could be expected to result in damage to the national security, which includes defense against transnational terrorism, and the original classification authority is able to identify or describe the damage.

Sec. 1.2. Classification Levels.

(a) Information may be classified at one of the following three levels:

(1) “Top Secret” shall be applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security that the original classification authority is able to identify or describe.

(2) “Secret” shall be applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause serious damage to the national security that the original classification authority is able to identify or describe.

(3) “Confidential” shall be applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause damage to the national security that the original classification authority is able to identify or describe.

(tt) “Violation” means:

(1) any knowing, willful, or negligent action that could reasonably be expected to result in an unauthorized disclosure of classified information;

http://www.thegatewa...on-home-server/

#306 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:32 PM

Man, 30, shot on Green Line train at Ashland stop; 2 being questioned

http://chicago.sunti...d-on-train/amp/

This is another one of those d@mned lies, considering that the CTA is a gun free zone, after all.

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users