Crime on CTA/Mass Transit ... Reports and Data

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#301 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

No one mentioned the gang fight and shooting on the Red Line downtown yesterday?

https://www.dnainfo....tion-police-say

The CTA, its vehicles, and all properties it owns or runs are gun-free zones. Ergo, no shooting could have occurred on it, because the designation as gun free and the magic signs will unerringly keep out all firearms and prevent all shootings in areas designated under their aegis.

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#302 RoadyRunner

• 3,864 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:48 AM

Or as SCC said... http://secondcitycop...rains-rahm.html

Hey, wait a minute. If guns are banned, how did this guy get shot on a train? Someone is lying here.

IC Supporting member
NRA life member
NRA certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#303 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

Honestly don't know how the yuppies justify staying in this city, I really don't. If you've lived here most or all of your life I can understand why you'd stay, but if you had other options why bother? Why? I don't get it. And I'm the bad guy when I question the narrative.
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#304 jeterlancer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

Honestly don't know how the yuppies justify staying in this city, I really don't. If you've lived here most or all of your life I can understand why you'd stay, but if you had other options why bother? Why? I don't get it. And I'm the bad guy when I question the narrative.

I guess I sort of fit that narrative. The reason I'm happy here for now is because I'm a foodie, I enjoy riding my bike to work, and the cultural options are nearly unlimited. I think people enjoy living here because you get a city life but without NYC or San Francisco cost of living.

I suppose you could say I'm living in Chicago for a sort of "extended vacation". Once my "vacation" is over (probably in 2 years when I'm ready to buy a home), I'll move somewhere more logical, even if it's just NW Indiana.

Moved to Chicago from Texas because Dallas wasn't the right place for me at this time. It's a better fit for people who are looking to settle down.

Now would I have moved to Chicago if they still had a handgun ban and no concealed carry? heck to the no!

#305 transplant

• Members
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

Man, 30, shot on Green Line train at Ashland stop; 2 being questioned

http://chicago.sunti...d-on-train/amp/

#306 ChicagoRonin70

• 3,221 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:32 PM

Man, 30, shot on Green Line train at Ashland stop; 2 being questioned

http://chicago.sunti...d-on-train/amp/

This is another one of those d@mned lies, considering that the CTA is a gun free zone, after all.

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#307 chislinger

• Members
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

3 Robbed At Gunpoint In Grand Red Line Station Saturday Afternoon
"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#308 ChicagoRonin70

• 3,221 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

But, wait, the CTA is a gun-free zone, so there couldn't have been an armed robbery using a firearm. The sign guarantees it!

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#309 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 8,216 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

So what ever happened to the promise in 2014 to remove public transport from the GFZ's?  I don't even recall a bill ever having been filed?

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#310 InterestedBystander

• 4,652 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

So what ever happened to the promise in 2014 to remove public transport from the GFZ's?  I don't even recall a bill ever having been filed?

Pretty sure there were 1 or 2 filed this session...

SB1303, SB1323 both in assignments since March

Edited by InterestedBystander, 23 October 2017 - 10:46 AM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸 "Remember in November" 🗳️

#311 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 8,216 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for the correction.

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#312 jeterlancer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

I saw a Sabre pepper spray advertisement on the L today. Made me laugh  :drool:

#313 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,821 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

Shots fired in attempted robbery on Green Line train in South Loop

http://abc7chicago.c...h-loop/2669624/

http://www.chicagotr...1119-story.html

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

“There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters” 
- Daniel Webster -

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. 
- H. L. Mencken -

“Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

#314 transplant

• Members
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:06 AM

Sexual assault on red line in north side:

http://www.chicagotr...medium=facebook

#315 jeterlancer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:32 AM

There was a robbery last night at the 35th-Bronzeville-IIT green line stop. Happened last night around 8PM. Looks like the cops already caught the losers.

http://www.chicagotr...1127-story.html

#316 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:38 PM

Why doesn't someone do something about this?

What if children get hurt?

Won't anyone think about the children?
Have all boated who fish?

#317 billzfx4

• Members
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:56 PM

Why doesn't someone do something about this?

What if children get hurt?

Won't anyone think about the children?

:frantics: CAMERAS!!!!!   WE NEED MORE CAMERAS!!!!!! :frantics:

Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.

#318 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 12,821 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:37 AM

Its amazing how much violent crime there is on the CTA, much of it perpetrated without guns, but Don Harmon wants to convince his fellow Illinois senators that the most important thing they can do for the people of Illinois is to increase regulation and scrutiny of gun stores and FFL dealers, and he personally spends most of his time and energy pursuing that goal while people are getting mugged and raped  all over Chicago area public transportation.

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

“There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters” 
- Daniel Webster -

- H. L. Mencken -

“Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

#319 chislinger

• Members
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:16 AM

WICKER PARK: Woman Beaten, Robbed, Disrobed By Man Who Follows Her From Damen Blue Line

"A 23-year-old woman was beaten, robbed, and assaulted by a man who followed her from the Damen Blue Line station early Sunday, police said in a bulletin Tuesday evening.

The man trailed the victim for several blocks before grabbing her and pulling her into a gangway in the 1600 block of North Bell around 3:25 a.m., authorities said.

The woman was beaten, robbed and disrobed by the man in the passageway. A source said she was still unclothed when a passer-by discovered her around 3:40 a.m."

"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#320 mikew

• Members
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:52 AM

Partial Disembowelment with 2" Knife

http://www.chicagotr...1202-story.html

An Englewood man stabbed his brother-in-law at least 25 times on a CTA bus, partially disemboweling him in front of other riders, prosecutors said Saturday.

A judge denied bail for Darnell R. Scott, 37, who is accused of stabbing his 50-year-old brother-in-law numerous times with a 2-inch pocket knife as the two rode the No. 63/63rd Street bus Thursday around 6:30 p.m. The victim suffered numerous wounds to his abdomen, arms, legs, neck and the back of his head before the bus came to a stop in the 300 block of West 63rd Street, according to Cook County prosecutors and police.

Will anyone sure for bystander trauma?

#321 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 12,821 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

Was it an auto-opener?  Because Kathleen Willis voted against decriminalizing auto-openers, because, well:

Why would we want people to have switchblades?

There's a big difference between a pocket knife and a switchblade.  What purpose does a switchblade have other than to be used as a weapon ?  I think we have enough weapons out in the world right now that we do not need to make it easier, I don't think this is a path we want to go down.

Thank you Don Harmon and Kathleen Willis for your tireless efforts to make us safer...

Edited by C0untZer0, 03 December 2017 - 02:09 PM.

- N. A. Halkides -

- Daniel Webster -

- H. L. Mencken -

#322 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:53 AM

Most dangerous L stops

https://www.mjpetro....gerous-l-stops/

#323 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:52 AM

Interesting that 95th is only #10 but I guess that has to do with the constant police presence. I am and am not surprised at the Belmont stop's rating. 

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

#324 mikew

• Members
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

Found unconscious, beaten on the CTA.

ct-1513633360-5htjmlnixh-snap-image.jpg

http://www.chicagotr...1128-story.html

Chicago police are seeking help from the public in identifying a woman who was found injured on a city bus.

The woman was found on a CTA bus on Friday, officials said. It was not immediately clear on which bus route she was found.

After sending an alert asking for help identifying the woman, who is being referred to as “Jane Doe,” officers said they were unable to disclose her current location or condition as a safety precaution.

“We do not have any specifics as to how she was injured,” a police spokeswoman said.

Jane Doe was found on the bus in the South Austin neighborhood, near the intersection of South Central Avenue and West Harrison Street, police said.

She was found wearing a black jacket with a blue collar, black pants and black boots, police said. Currently, the woman is unable to speak as a result of her injuries.

#325 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:13 PM

How much longer to we have to put up with these crazy bans on public transportation, parks, and forest preserves? Are we living in the Stone age?

#326 ChicagoRonin70

• 3,221 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:14 PM

Awwwww yeah! Belmont is numbah 1! Crime tourists for the win!

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#327 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:59 PM

ct-1513633360-5htjmlnixh-snap-image.jpg

Chicago police are seeking help from the public in identifying a woman who was found injured on a city bus.
The woman was found on a CTA bus on Friday, officials said. It was not immediately clear on which bus route she was found.
After sending an alert asking for help identifying the woman, who is being referred to as “Jane Doe,” officers said they were unable to disclose her current location or condition as a safety precaution.
“We do not have any specifics as to how she was injured,” a police spokeswoman said.

Jane Doe was found on the bus in the South Austin neighborhood, near the intersection of South Central Avenue and West Harrison Street, police said.
She was found wearing a black jacket with a blue collar, black pants and black boots, police said. Currently, the woman is unable to speak as a result of her injuries.

That might be the missing woman who kidnapped her daughter from Oak Park, but what about her kid?

#328 mikew

• Members
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:46 PM

attachicon.gifct-1513633360-5htjmlnixh-snap-image.jpg

She has died.
She was identified as Nancy Rosario, 45, from the Brighton Park neighborhood.

http://www.chicagotr...1222-story.html

#329 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:28 PM

There must be some video available. Our leaders have told us that our mass transit is safe because all of the cameras will protect us.

#330 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 12,821 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:22 PM

I'm just copying this from the other thread so we have a record of it here:

Armed robbers target passengers near CTA, Metra stations across Chicago

https://chicago.sunt...across-chicago/

- N. A. Halkides -

- Daniel Webster -

- H. L. Mencken -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users