Photo

FOID numbers by County

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#91 Amused

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

You can tell how JACKED up this state is though. It is very simple to have requirements in a program. How is that they they don't have a list of ABC city can be in XYZ county? Or the fact that ABCDEF is not an actual city in the state? This list truly does prove the incompetence within the state government.

Wouldn't put too much credence in a ABCDEF record. I used to work in IT; occasionally a test record is added to help in system testing, for instance. If no card is issued, or if it can't be mailed due to bad address, there's no card even though there's a record. Only shows up when a list like this is generated but not a big deal.

#92 Wi300

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

You have to remember, that 3/4ths of the states population live in CBS NBC ABC Sun Times, Tribune land, where guns are scary, and they hear about people getting shot by criminals.

I swear if I won the lotto big I'd go down there and do a Rupert Murdoch. Hiya real news. I'd have boxes on every corner and a full time TV station, sadly I haven't won the lotto yet and at 50k a year I can't afford one. =(

The poor sheep.... baaaaaaa.... mug me, flash mob me, rape me... baaaaa
Once upon a time, people kept guns in glass front cases and lowlifes were the ones kept locked up.

#93 mikebz5

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

Has this spreadsheet been updated recently? The date shows 2007. I would suspect the numbers to be significantly higher today. Also, it would be interesting to see the the number of FOID holders compared the the eligible population. Looks to me the population of 18 and over is approx 9.8 million.

#94 Amused

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

Has this spreadsheet been updated recently? The date shows 2007. I would suspect the numbers to be significantly higher today. Also, it would be interesting to see the the number of FOID holders compared the the eligible population. Looks to me the population of 18 and over is approx 9.8 million.

. See my post of June 11 2013. Total on May 1 was just shy of 1.5 million.

#95 JohnDPMP

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

I am sorry, but my gut feeling is that these numbers are not accurate. By, "not accurate", I don't mean, "poorly researched", by the IC member, (to the researcher, please don't take it that way and please also understand that your efforts are well appreciated!!), but rather that the info provided for public consumption by the state is either out of date, just plainly inaccurate in and of itself, or some other reason, (and yes, I do feel that any inaccuracies in data provided by State employees are most likely intentional. You see, I personally KNOW an individual that was former employee associated with FOID processing on the state level and, needless to say, the numbers reflected in the report do not in any way coincide with the info I was told by this specific employee regarding case load, numbers involved, etc.

#96 Jtballer34

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

I'll be on that list again soon, I've been waiting over 5 months for my food card, when I call all I get is a "still processing" answer, what a joke.

#97 Jtballer34

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Foid card*

#98 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 12,831 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Its called a Link card nowadays

Have all boated who fish?

#99 Getzapped

Gunsmith Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

I am sorry, but my gut feeling is that these numbers are not accurate. By, "not accurate", I don't mean, "poorly researched", by the IC member, (to the researcher, please don't take it that way and please also understand that your efforts are well appreciated!!), but rather that the info provided for public consumption by the state is either out of date, just plainly inaccurate in and of itself, or some other reason, (and yes, I do feel that any inaccuracies in data provided by State employees are most likely intentional. You see, I personally KNOW an individual that was former employee associated with FOID processing on the state level and, needless to say, the numbers reflected in the report do not in any way coincide with the info I was told by this specific employee regarding case load, numbers involved, etc.

Wow! Way to Jump in with the first post! Care to elaborate? Are the numbers lower, higher, non-existent? And welcome to the forum!

logoforum_zps0763fe59.png

#100 aerxx

Μολὼν λαβέ

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

I'll be on that list again soon, I've been waiting over 5 months for my food card, when I call all I get is a "still processing" answer, what a joke.

E-mail the FOIA Officer at the State Police, I e-mailed him after 3 months saying I wanted to request information as to why my FOID was taking so long. I received an e-mail back 40 min later saying my card was going to be mailed at the end of the day, and it was.

Lieutenant Steve Lyddon
Illinois State Police
Freedom of Information Officer
801 South 7th Street, Suite 1000-S
Springfield, Illinois 62703
E-mail: FOIA_Officer@isp.state.il.us

My favorite post.

Applied w/ prints - 5/2/14

Approved - 5/3/2014

Active - 6/2/2014

Expires - 6/2/2019

In Hand - 6/6/2014 @ about 2:45pm CST

Wally Walk - 6/7/2014

#101 chuck jones

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

So how many Illinois firearm owners don't have a FOID card?

At least 50% would be my guess.

#102 William8004

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

So how many Illinois firearm owners don't have a FOID card?

At least 50% would be my guess.

I saw some small towns that had smaller numbers than I expected. For farming and hunting communities, it makes you wonder.

#103 BerettaMan

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:34 PM

Are there any current numbers on how many FOID card holders there are in Chicago? And is there any breakdown by ward or neighborhood?

NRA Patron Life Member.

ISRA Member.

#104 Hap

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:19 PM

Just to keep everybody up to date: I filed a FOIA request for the 2015 year-end by-county FOID and FCCL numbers on 12/31 and have not yet received a response from ISP. I asked for status this Monday and received a reply to the status request but have not yet received the data requested.

Ad utrumque paratus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users