State Digital ID

lockman

If you get an error of "The Driver's license information is not valid" or something of that nature, be sure all the info you enter is exactly as it is on your Driver's License. If your middle name is Victor, but your license lists your middle initial as "V", be sure to enter "V" on the form. I would say the same thing for address (Ln vs. Lane).

Tried to log in this morning. First couldn't do it on a mac. Opened up Parallels and tried internet explorer. Had to update Java and then got all the scary security warnings. Tried to set up account and was told that account was already set up on my number. Don't remember doing that, but its possible. Tried to reset drivers password but got a message that "Your account is not in the correct state to be reset. Please contact your administrator." Called their IT help line, got a message that they were too busy to answer the phone and to call back later. Called back and choose the option for the CCW help and got a person after waiting on hold for about 30 minutes. Was given a ticket number and told that they would call me back… sometime.

Support called back after about an hour, reset my account and waited on the phone while I went through the process, and everything got taken care of. I'm pleasantly surprised but I imagine its going to take quite a bit longer come January 5.

I signed up as well I'd be a lot happier if I received a conformation email, or something other than just he site saying its done i.e. o blah blah care.

You can use the username and password to log on using the "user maintenance" link from the digital ID page.

Or do it here:

https://truepass01.illinois.gov/TruePassSample/AuthenticateUserRoamingEPF.html

You can logon, verify your information is correct, that it works, and change it if necessary.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Thanks worked I still think an verification email would be nice

I suspect that once we have all figured out how to jump through the hoops, we are going to be in high demand by our friends and families to assist them in getting this thing done.

I will be assisting my students with the digital signature and will probably make it a part of my presentation during class. Furthermore I may make a video for my students step by step.

I use the digital ID for work stuff... Haven't had an issue with the digital id outside of getting one for someone living out of state. Staff is prompt, polite and professional.

I just hope that they learn from their mistakes with Illinois medicaid and don't tie the FCCL website to a specific version of java. As is, I need to uninstall and re-install a new version every time i report information to compdata, and then do it again when i finish and need to use the state's medicaid website.

this is ridiculous.

I called the "Central Management Services Help Desk at 1-800-366-8768 for assistance with the Digital ID"

the automated voice instructions say to hit option 1 and then 8.

before you can choose option 8, there is a voice instruction for conceal carry applicants to call 217 782 7980.

a real person answers the line, and when i explain the issue and how i was directed there, i was given an instruction to call.......(guess who?)

the "Central Management Services Help Desk at 1-800-366-8768"

I explained that this is where I started the reply is that's where i need to be......

nice.

Ah I love that. Be thankful its stateside hahahaha

this is ridiculous.

I called the "Central Management Services Help Desk at 1-800-366-8768 for assistance with the Digital ID"

the automated voice instructions say to hit option 1 and then 8.

before you can choose option 8, there is a voice instruction for conceal carry applicants to call 217 782 7980.

a real person answers the line, and when i explain the issue and how i was directed there, i was given an instruction to call.......(guess who?)

the "Central Management Services Help Desk at 1-800-366-8768"

I explained that this is where I started the reply is that's where i need to be......

nice.

If you get an error of "The Driver's license information is not valid" or something of that nature, be sure all the info you enter is exactly as it is on your Driver's License. If your middle name is Victor, but your license lists your middle initial as "V", be sure to enter "V" on the form. I would say the same thing for address (Ln vs. Lane).

there's a couple threads going on this, so if ya'll don't mind i'll copy/paste this in case it might help others.....

Any fellow Irish folks having trouble signing up?

Are ya getting a message that says "DL information invalid?"

As has already been stressed on these threads, you must enter EXACTLY the info on your DL....which I was doing....or so I thought.

I am a "mick".....My name is McD.......

It is almost totally undetectable, but on my DL there is a space between MC-(space)-Dxxxx and the rest of my name.

I thought some of you folks with names like that, perhaps all the "O'Briens" or "Fitz Patricks" or even some german or european names that maight have a space stuck in the somewhere like "Van Dxxxxx" or the like.

that little space was acting like it's own character and preventing the sign up.

hope this helps,

-Beezil Mc Daddy

Has anyone tried to update their information after creating an ID? I keep getting a "down for maintenance" error message.

Yep. Been like that for over a year... I know, I created my ID about 4 years ago for another reason. Need to update my email...

Wow. I called the Help Desk number over the weekend. Explained that I needed to change some info on my ID and they had no clue how to do it. They opened a ticket and said someone would call me back this week. Since you've been having the same problem for over a year now, I guess I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for their call this week?

I actually got a call back then this afternoon from a nice lady who updated my email address to the new one. Sh had to invalidate my password and I then went thru the password recovery (DL number, 'secret' answer). All set now. The call back was 3 days from opening the ticket.

I just followed the ISP link to get a digital ID for the FCCL application and upon filling in all the information I got this error: "This drivers license number is already in use"

I don't recall ever signing up with this service before.

Do you pay taxes yourself (i.e. if you have your own business and must pay quarterly) - if so you may have acquired a digital id at that time (or your accountant).

What error do you get if you try to do this without Internet Explorer?

I am trying firefox just giggles, passed the java check and keep getting-

Drivers license info not valid

tried it with dashes and without.

I got it to accept mine by using the info exactly as it appears on my driver's license. Middle initial without period. Street address with "S" (no period) for "south" and "AVE" (no period) for "avenue.

Actually I have Windows 8 so I have IE 11 anyway, which I have read will not work.

Is it documented somewhere that the system won't work with anything other than Older IE explorer?

Dunno. Win 8 is of de debbil.

finally got it! the zero look like o's on my id lol

The first digit of the DL number would be a letter O if your last name starts with O

Yep, the IL DL # is a hash value which encodes the first letter of your last name, birth year (2 digit), gender, and maybe more but I forget now.

My digital ID application was in error. I failed to use the correct browser because I do not have a windows computer. There were compatibility and my account was not in the correct state errors. I called CMS who made a correction ticket and sent it to PKI. PKI contacted me by email and corrected my account by removing the compatibility flags. They sent me instructions to re-establish a new log-in ID. I logged in again today on my friend's PC using IE v. 11 with Java v. 7-45. After entering my driver license number and answer to the secret question, I was able to create a new password, then confirm it. Then I was advised to click on "recover security store" and voila!-congratulations digital ID confirmed. Pretty good for a Mac user with no IE experience. zoz

Archived