National Flashlight Day

SycamoreRuger

I never knew National Flashlight Day was a thing until I got an email from Smith and Wesson this morning.

It makes sense, since today is the shortest day of the year. I have way too many flashlights now but I can always make room for a few more. I even suspect Santa is putting an OLight in my stocking this year.

What flashlights do you want for Christmas?

e8d15c384ac7b3efb0fae02d7a27d621.jpg

Just bought a NEBO 6K lumen output.

When shopping for flashlights be careful of the lumen to lux switch-a-roo. The lumen rating is total light output.

Lux is the visible light equivalent of ERP ( effective radiated power ). In flash lights lux ratings can be 2 to 8 times the lumen rating but produce the same lumen output.

^ this ***

I have too many flashlights but I keep finding ones I like better as they keep improving the technology.

Last one I bought is a Fenix rechargeable LED headlamp that I really like with a battery level indicator and crazy long run times. Also have a Powertac I really like. Both are micro USB rechargeable or can use CR123s without an adapter.

I have surefires, a gene Malkoff, and others but the new stuff is so much better and getting cheaper.

Archived