SB-206 update

Tvandermyde

Criminals don't care about the laws or making noise, they shoot people in the middle of the day. People don't want to have ringing in the ears (tinnitus) from the noise, my mother has it and is unbearable.

You shouldn't speak of your mother that way.

I said she has ringing in the ears and is unbearable. What did I say?

Criminals don't care about the laws or making noise, they shoot people in the middle of the day. People don't want to have ringing in the ears (tinnitus) from the noise, my mother has it and is unbearable.

I said she has ringing in the ears and is unbearable. What did I say? I see your username starts with low.

You said your mother was unbearable.

I said she has ringing in the ears and is unbearable. What did I say? I see your username starts with low.

Don't twist my words, I said the ringing in the ears is unbearable. Talonap and lowhouse5 you don't see what I was writing about, in the same sentence I said people don't want to have ringing in the ears or should I highlight it in red.

Don't twist my words, I said the ringing in the ears is unbearable. Talonap and lowhouse5 you don't see what I was writing about, in the same sentence I said people don't want to have ringing in the ears or should I highlight it in red.

We did see what you were talking about. Just don't get so uptight when someone makes a small joke about a grammatical error. (Don't remember if it's misplaced modifier or something else - been too long. :ermm: ) And, you were the one who asked what you said, sorry for answering. :frantics: :flowers:

There's thread adaptors where you can put an oil filter on the end of a threaded barrel, the first shot puts a hole in the end and you have a super cheap suppressor. Well, cheap if you don't count the stamp.

While this info is readily available out there, it is not something IllinoisCarry supports or encourages - very illegal.

There is at least one company that sells properly serialized and taxed thread adapters specifically made to mount an oil filter. The adapter itself constitutes the suppressor per BATFE and is legal for use as designed.

There's thread adaptors where you can put an oil filter on the end of a threaded barrel, the first shot puts a hole in the end and you have a super cheap suppressor. Well, cheap if you don't count the stamp.

While this info is readily available out there, it is not something IllinoisCarry supports or encourages - very illegal.

There is at least one company that sells properly serialized and taxed thread adapters specifically made to mount an oil filter. The adapter itself constitutes the suppressor per BATFE and is legal for use as designed.

Yup I was about to post this. Its not illegal since the adapter is the serialized part. Pretty smart actually since you get cheap suppression after paying the tax stamp.

There are actually a couple of legal manufacturers of these adapters, who serialize the adapter. They have authorization from the ATF and everything sold gets a tax stamp. The adapter itself is the NFA regulated item in this case.Sure, there are plenty of illegal ones out there. However, not all are...(unless you're in Illinois...)

Edit. I really should read ahead in threads before replying... :P

I could be wrong (it happens), but I'm pretty sure he's referring to the use of that if/when suppressors are legalized, since we were talking about the high cost still being a deterrent.

Using an oil filter would make the sight system the more expensive component for a handgun. Unless your strictly point shooting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could be wrong (it happens), but I'm pretty sure he's referring to the use of that if/when suppressors are legalized, since we were talking about the high cost still being a deterrent.

Using an oil filter would make the sight system the more expensive component for a handgun. Unless your strictly point shooting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not on a scoped rifle, No need for any additional sights other than what you already have on it.

I think the purpose was to provide a cheaper way to silence firearms, though, not to "skirt" suppressor laws.

Keep in mind that the UUW statute doesn't specifically prohibit silencers... it's worded in such a way that I think these adapters would still be illegal. From the UUW statute:

"Possesses any device or attachment of any kind designed, used or intended for use in silencing the report of any firearm"

Fram doesn't make off-center oil filters? :-)

they do make long skinny ones though. I once many yrs ago made an oil catcher for cleaning by heating up a small length of pvc with a heat gun to form fit my un threaded barrell with a screw on filter for catching the cleaning oil. whole setup cost me under $5. Of course this wasn't illegial because there was no hole in the can for a bullet to pass through. .

Keep in mind that the UUW statute doesn't specifically prohibit silencers... it's worded in such a way that I think these adapters would still be illegal. From the UUW statute: "Possesses any device or attachment of any kind designed, used or intended for use in silencing the report of any firearm"
By that definition, pillows are illegal if held over the muzzle....

Keep in mind that the UUW statute doesn't specifically prohibit silencers... it's worded in such a way that I think these adapters would still be illegal. From the UUW statute:

"Possesses any device or attachment of any kind designed, used or intended for use in silencing the report of any firearm"

By that definition, pillows are illegal if held over the muzzle....

I bet if used in a crime, you might be charged for it :P

If one could use an oil filter, what weight oil is recommended. Would synthetic be better than regular oil?

If you are using a user serviceable suppressor, I would use clear wire pulling lube before oil to run it "wet".....

How often would you have to change it? Every 3,000 rounds? 5,000?

If one could use an oil filter, what weight oil is recommended. Would synthetic be better than regular oil?

If you are using a user serviceable suppressor, I would use clear wire pulling lube before oil to run it "wet".....

How often would you have to change it? Every 3,000 rounds? 5,000?

This article is about wetting suppressors for better performance.

http://www.breachbangclear.com/jtt-making-them-wet/

• 4 weeks later...

Sessions are for Jan 9th and 10th.

Can't wait for 6 hours of birthday wishes and road naming. /s
You aren't kidding. Every rep seems to have their neighbor's cousin's daughter who brought along her classmate and the 4H club mascot to screw around in the balcony while the reps wheel and deal on the floor.

Archived