Photo

ISP Firearm Services Bureau issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AKS-74U

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

A coworker is having trouble logging in to the service to submit his application. Initially he set up an account a year or so ago, then never took the course. fast forward to today, he's taken the course and is attempting to log in to fill out an app.

the first two tries he got the standard "Unable to login at this time. Please check your credentials and retry. (Attempt 1 of 5)" message.

This made him wonder if he had actually set up an account. to find out he followed the "register now" link, but was unable to register, with an error reading "email address is already on file"

Then he followed the "Forgot Password" narrative, and received a message confirming he had successfully changed his password - SUCCESS! ---- nope.

Using the new password brought him back to square one with the standard "Unable to login at this time. Please check your credentials and retry. (Attempt 1 of 5)" message.

I've been trying to help him out to no avail.

for what it's worth I did log in using my credentials without any trouble at all on the same computer, so I don't think it's a computer/network issue on our end. after reading through the FAQs and not finding any answers we clicked the "contact us" link hoping for a phone number, however ISP only lists a mailing address. is there an easy solution we're overlooking? is there a way to talk to a human being at ISP FSB?

any and all help is greatly appreciated

#2 jaystrm

• Supporting Members Team
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

ISP FSB number is 217-782-7980, however.....

Long hold times are common. Have been told best to call early in the business day (8am? I believe) and be ready to spend a long time waiting on hold. They may be able to help once you get through though...

Good luck!

#3 oohrah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:11 AM

There's an email address also. I got a response in a day.

USMC, Retired

N3FKV
Waco, Texas

#4 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,234 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:15 PM

A coworker is having trouble logging in to the service to submit his application. Initially he set up an account a year or so ago, then never took the course. fast forward to today, he's taken the course and is attempting to log in to fill out an app.

the first two tries he got the standard "Unable to login at this time. Please check your credentials and retry. (Attempt 1 of 5)" message.

This made him wonder if he had actually set up an account. to find out he followed the "register now" link, but was unable to register, with an error reading "email address is already on file"

Then he followed the "Forgot Password" narrative, and received a message confirming he had successfully changed his password - SUCCESS! ---- nope.

Using the new password brought him back to square one with the standard "Unable to login at this time. Please check your credentials and retry. (Attempt 1 of 5)" message.

I've been trying to help him out to no avail.

for what it's worth I did log in using my credentials without any trouble at all on the same computer, so I don't think it's a computer/network issue on our end. after reading through the FAQs and not finding any answers we clicked the "contact us" link hoping for a phone number, however ISP only lists a mailing address. is there an easy solution we're overlooking? is there a way to talk to a human being at ISP FSB?

any and all help is greatly appreciated

I had difficulty helping someone log in to report lost/stolen FOID.  Ended up doing the new registration with a new email address, she has a secondary email address that is seldom used.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#5 BigJim

• Members
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:44 AM

Molly has a good suggestion.  First go to google and create a new gmail account then register with the ISP website with the new email.

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users