IL CCW Trainer Short guide

mjw45

Curriculum Approval form is submitted separately from Instructor Application correct? if you plan on using CLIC in addition to NRA Basic Pistol, wouldn't it be better to submit after we have had a chance to review CLIC?

That is what I would do then, just wait.

Not even sure you would have to submit anything, if CLIC is an approved curriculum on the approved list you may just be able to teach that.

We'll find out as this thing progresses.

Matt

Curriculum Approval form is submitted separately from Instructor Application correct? if you plan on using CLIC in addition to NRA Basic Pistol, wouldn't it be better to submit after we have had a chance to review CLIC?

That is what I would do then, just wait.

Not even sure you would have to submit anything, if CLIC is an approved curriculum on the approved list you may just be able to teach that.

We'll find out as this thing progresses.

Matt

I am leaning toward this.

The curriculum "author" submits it for approval. When/if it is approved, any approved instructor can use it with no need to submit any paperwork. When the ISP gets a permit ap it should have (as an example) a CLIC Certificate of Completion with an instructor's name/signature. As long as the course name and instructor name are both on the approved list, the applicant would have fulfilled that requirement.

• 6 months later...
I was wondering, if you already had your prints done for your permit and wanted to apply for the CCW Trainer, do you need to get another set of prints done with a different TCN number? I remeber reading something about you only had 30 days to submit the prints for the permit process. I wasn't sure. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I just applied to be a certified CCL instructor a little over a week ago. The isp called me yesterday and told me everything is in order except, since it is after April 15 I have to have the CCL before they will process the instructor application. I have to go and take a CCL class first.

I just applied to be a certified CCL instructor a little over a week ago. The isp called me yesterday and told me everything is in order except, since it is after April 15 I have to have the CCL before they will process the instructor application. I have to go and take a CCL class first.

So you're exempt from training to get a CCL if you're an instructor, but you can't register as an instructor until you have a CCL and you any get a CCL without taking the training unless you have another exemption. Yep, that seems to make sense...

I'm pretty sure the instructor prints have a different coding.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Well We Know of one Know

Wow this state is beyond Lost

• Molly B. unpinned this topic

Archived