Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2020

Mr. Fife

Update I applied on July 2nd 2020 I called today talked to a gentleman at the call center I wanted to verify everything went through ok with my app. I just checked inspect element I'm now at qc verified. He said it could be 99 days from today or could be more.

I applied on June 1st, with prints... and I'm still at Submitted Under Review after like 60 days... I have no idea what this state is doing at any given time. So you seem to be farther ahead in the process than I am, and applied a month after me...

I know the Inspect Element trick isn't a guarantee... but this state is just extremely frustrating to deal with.

What number did you call, btw? Feel like I should call and check on mine. The website was having issues when I submitted, and I'm worried that the application shows under review there, but it got lost in the website issues, as if something didn't actually process properly.

I called 217-782-7980 waited 4hrs before talking to someone. I applied with prints and he said still 99+ days before getting the card

Yeah, I tried calling that number and it just went through an automated process and told me that my application is under review. Hard to believe that it's still under review 60 days, and 45 business days after I applied... It's also insane to me that the state can just blatantly break their own law with no regard for our rights. Based upon their law, and what they state, my license should be in my hand by 9/1, or at least within 10 days or so of that date. I don't think there's any chance of that as of now.

They will take pretty much the entire 90-120 days I have a friend with prints that went active at 89 days at the end of June and got it in the mail around July 10 I called back at the end of May about my daughters foid and while I was on the phone the guy asked if I had any other questions so I asked about my ccl at that time I was at day 63 and he said they really can’t do anything until it past the 90 day mark since they have to give the county or city time to object and to call him back after the full 90 and they could look into it so I did call back at day 93 and they pushed it through it went Qc virified before I even got off the phone within days it went actriveand I got it two weeks later so I would suggest waiting until you hit the 90 day mark before you call and be on hold for ever. Believe me I know it’s tough to be stuck in limbo it will

foid has been active entire time, I just submitted an address change last year which took quite a while to arrive and I couldn't get in a class at my local range with different addresses.

My CCL however was expired 05/12/2019 which I took the class and submitted on 3/1. The dashboard still shows it as a renewal though.

If your status has not changed by Aug. 1, please let me know.

Still no luck unfortunately. Still under review

I must be lucky or something? Applied July 2nd 2020 Qc verified on July 28 and went to approved under review today 8/5. Wonder how long before active??

Lol. You must just be lucky. I applied June 1st. I'm on 65 days and still sitting at Submitted Under Review. With prints. No background. No arrests. Never even a misdemeanor. Nothing on my record. I haven't had a speeding ticket in 10 years, and I think that was my only one in my life.. Blows my mind how screwed up this state is. The phone system says the current average for a new CCL application is 119 days with prints. Somehow it took yours like 30 days? :no:

There is hope out there!!

36 day CCL is not hope...thats a miracle!

Absolutely a miracle. Is it bad that I'm honestly p***** off about his taking 35 days compared to me being on 67, and showing as submitted under review still? Not p***** at him, but the situation and state, overall. I'm even more p***** off for the people sitting up over 90 or 100 days on it, and fully expect mine to take that long or longer. Gotta love this state. Like how does that one end up approved and goes active before all the others? I imagine when you apply it just dumps them into a list/queue, and they just go down the list to approve them...

There is hope out there!!

36 day CCL is not hope...thats a miracle!

Absolutely a miracle. Is it bad that I'm honestly p***** off about his taking 35 days compared to me being on 67, and showing as submitted under review still? Not p***** at him, but the situation and state, overall. I'm even more p***** off for the people sitting up over 90 or 100 days on it, and fully expect mine to take that long or longer. Gotta love this state. Like how does that one end up approved and goes active before all the others? I imagine when you apply it just dumps them into a list/queue, and they just go down the list to approve them...

Yep, 159 days and counting. If it wasn't for my newborn I'd give my wife the divorce papers and move off to Georgia and never look back.

I feel for everyone in this dilemma . I was in a different situation . Retired Police officer and they suspended our retired concealed carry qualifications because of covid . Finally and from this excellent organization intervention they opened qualifications . I got my new concealed carry in my mail box 3 days after qualifying . I am not boasting or trying to rub things in my point is it can be done if they ( Illinois ) wants to . This terrible situation many are stuck in is on purpose , to violate your 2nd amendment rights . How can they get mine and others in a couple days , while others are still waiting months ?

I feel for everyone in this dilemma . I was in a different situation . Retired Police officer and they suspended our retired concealed carry qualifications because of covid . Finally and from this excellent organization intervention they opened qualifications . I got my new concealed carry in my mail box 3 days after qualifying . I am not boasting or trying to rub things in my point is it can be done if they ( Illinois ) wants to . This terrible situation many are stuck in is on purpose , to violate your 2nd amendment rights . How can they get mine and others in a couple days , while others are still waiting months ?

Exactly. So this guy above had his in 35 days. Others are waiting 60, 70, 100, 150... and it just keeps going. I'm so sick of this state, and can't wait to move out of it. It's an absolute joke.

Its amazing you got through to someone. Every time I call, I have to listen to an endless loop that eventually parrots what's on the website. ******** frustrating.

Same here. Any time I try to call, it's just an endless loop of status checks, with no option to ever speak to a live person... I'm assuming we have to choose some random fake option that we're not calling about in order to get to a live person.

Applied on 1/14/2020 w/ fingerprints, still waiting... They took my money same day though. Multiple emails and calls placed with no response...

Jesus. You sure something hasn't gone wrong, or it's under a standard review still? Like 8 months with fingerprints? I haven't really heard of anyone going that long...

Has me nervous for mine, though. And I'm only on 75 days. I'm mostly worried that my application didn't go through properly, so it's not even being seen/considered. The site was having all kinds of problems when I submitted, and even though they took my money, I don't think I ever got an application confirmation email. Doing FOID change of address and things like that, I've always gotten an email that they received the request...

Question for everyone...

Did you all receive an actual confirmation email that your application was submitted/received? I never did... and that has me worried that I paid, and nothing is actually being done with regards to my application... that it's just sitting out there in limbo somewhere, not even being considered/reviewed.

Molly, do you have a contact that you can confirm the above? I'd feel a lot better, and more patient, knowing that it actually went through properly. PM me if you need details of application number, name, etc.

Renewed CCL with 3 hour cert submitted 02-18-20

Expiration date 06-17-19 now covid-19

Original application and renewal without prints.

Still Under Review

Going on 6 months now!

Is this normal now?

Its not that abnormal. Some have gotten in maybe 3 to 4 months and with the surge of applicants over the summer, 6 mo is not a surprise and I'd say you need to be patient. As long as under review and not board review and your card is still active, carry on...

Archived