Well, $^%$

Tvandermyde

I'm trying to dcipher everything from today. I'll get something up by the morning but this is getting more fluid by the moment.

the real look through is that the gov said he would sign a bump stock bill. the won't let him have a clean bump stock bill to have a win and look moderate. This is politics 202.

and like I said its gonna get worse before it gets better

Lol. I am trying to decipher what you just typed?

The Governor vetoed the Dealer Licensing bill, but the Dems aren't going to let him off the hook that easily. So they will send him the Bump Stock Ban bill, and attach something else to it (magazine ban, 72hr waiting period for rifles), and he'll basically be forced to sign it.

The Governor vetoed the Dealer Licensing bill, but the Dems aren't going to let him off the hook that easily. So they will send him the Bump Stock Ban bill, and attach something else to it (magazine ban, 72hr waiting period for rifles), and he'll basically be forced to sign it.

That is what you read? :)

That is what you read? :)

Yup.

"the won't let him have a clean bump stock bill"

The Gov has said he would sign a bump stock bill. Essentially meaning a "clean" bill, meaning one that deals only with that subject. That would allow the Gov to sign the bill, appear more "moderate" to the masses and have a "win" for the progressives. Now, the antis are going to tie something else to the bump stock bill and try to hold him to his word to sign the bill. If he signs, he ticks off his conservative supporters, if he vetos, then they can talk about how he doesn't care about public safety and caved to the NRA. I didn't enroll in politics 202 but I audited the course for a session.

AB

The Governor can sign or veto the bill within 60 days. If the Governor does nothing, the bill becomes law after 60 days. He also has the right to amend the bill (“amendatory veto”) or change the dollar amount of a bill allocating funds (“item veto”)

Both houses must vote to override a total veto by a 2/3 majority. If a total veto is not overridden, the bill dies. If an item veto is not overridden by a 2/3 majority, the bill becomes law with the change in funding proposed by the governor. If both houses override an amendatory veto, the bill becomes law in the form originally passed by both houses.

I'm trying to dcipher everything from today. I'll get something up by the morning but this is getting more fluid by the moment.

the real look through is that the gov said he would sign a bump stock bill. the won't let him have a clean bump stock bill to have a win and look moderate. This is politics 202.

And it sounds like they are trying to tie preemption to it.

And it sounds like they are trying to tie preemption to it.

Wouldn't that in itself require a supermajority to pass?

It looks to me like the Machine has decided that if they can't get anything they wanted passed, then they'll just poison the well.

I'd look for them to dump EVERYTHING into the Bumpstock ban just to force Rauner to veto it, when he'd already said he would support it. Complete political theater to trot out in the election cycle to show the uninformed how he was swayed by the NRA on something as simple as banning bumpstocks like Florida did.

It looks to me like the Machine has decided that if they can't get anything they wanted passed, then they'll just poison the well.

I'd look for them to dump EVERYTHING into the Bumpstock ban just to force Rauner to veto it, when he'd already said he would support it. Complete political theater to trot out in the election cycle to show the uninformed how he was swayed by the NRA on something as simple as banning bumpstocks like Florida did.

Do you think they want to pass the bills, or just use them to try to put Rauner in a bind? Anything that passed would just be icing on the cake?

The Governor can sign or veto the bill within 60 days. If the Governor does nothing, the bill becomes law after 60 days. He also has the right to amend the bill (“amendatory veto”) or change the dollar amount of a bill allocating funds (“item veto”)

Both houses must vote to override a total veto by a 2/3 majority. If a total veto is not overridden, the bill dies. If an item veto is not overridden by a 2/3 majority, the bill becomes law with the change in funding proposed by the governor. If both houses override an amendatory veto, the bill becomes law in the form originally passed by both houses.

3/5, not 2/3.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dirty Chicago politics.

Madigan and his ilk wrote the book on dirty politics.

TERM LIMITS, it's time y'all

The problem with term limits is that you are asking the very people in power to limit their power. It’s like asking a king to pass his crown along every 6 years because it’s the right thing to do. While I agree wholeheartedly with term limits, I don’t have any real idea how to impose them.

Dirty Chicago politics.

The problem with term limits is that you are asking the very people in power to limit their power. It’s like asking a king to pass his crown along every 6 years because it’s the right thing to do. While I agree wholeheartedly with term limits, I don’t have any real idea how to impose them.

Getting High Schoolers to demand it seems to work

Just want to point out.. I think my memory is correct, the first murder with a AR-15 in Illinois was they year they first originally banned them.

This will just move a whole lot more of them into the black market and reaching the gangs in Chicago because they will become the thing to have. The cops can just take that body armor they wear and use it for toilet paper because it's not stopping a 223.

Hard problems make bad laws.

Dirty Chicago politics.

Actually, I'm praying that "Mike" has either a stroke or heart attack (if he has one) and is "incapacitated" and is forced to retire. :devil:

I USED to think that way, and have had my perspective shifted (earthquake style).

That won't do much good, he is in it for the POWER, but those clustered around him are leftist progressives that will then have a free reign to do as they wish. The democrat party HAS been hijacked by them, and when Mike's not holding the reins, they're gonna make things even worse. They are PROUD to call themselves "progressives", and all the bullhockey we were being subjected to at the end of the reign of obummer, will start back up with a VENGENCE!!!

Archived