Michael Bloomberg on Gun Safety event hosted by the group Moms Demand Actio

kevinmcc

That's not the only thing they're doing:

Hey — our Weekend of Action starts TOMORROW.

I wanted to make sure you had a chance to sign up and volunteer with us this weekend as we work to elect a Gun Sense Majority. It's important we have as many supporters as possible with us — the fact of the matter is every phone call we make or door we knock could push one of our Gun Sense Candidates over the top.

A lot is hanging on the line this November. Be sure you take some time to volunteer and help us elect Gun Sense Candidates.

Thanks for volunteering with us.

Aimee Tavares

National Organizing Director

Everytown for Gun Safety

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Date: October 11, 2018

Subject: If we volunteer this weekend, we can win a Gun Sense Majority in November!

Everytown for Gun Safety

Hey, we're less than one month away from Election Day.

Across the country, we are fed up with politicians who are beholden to the gun lobby and we're ready to face them with Gun Sense Candidates who will stand up for gun safety. But to do that, we need to ensure America votes for Gun Sense Candidates on November 6.

And that's where you come in: Whether you're phone banking or canvassing — or anything else in between — this weekend is an opportunity for us to come together as a country and volunteer to help a Gun Sense Majority WIN in the upcoming midterm elections. So, volunteer with us THIS WEEKEND and help us elect Gun Sense Candidates into office.

IL - Park Ridge - Canvass - HD55

October 14

Starbucks

Park Ridge, IL

RSVP >>

IL - Lombard - Canvass - IL24 & CD6

October 13

Suzy Glowiak Office

Lombard, IL

RSVP >>

IL - Highland Park - Canvass - ILGV

October 13

JB's Highland Park Office

Highland Park, IL

RSVP >>

Look, I've been out there — knocking on doors (with my son in tow!). I've been making calls and having one on one conversations with voters to make sure they know how important this election is, and who our Gun Sense Candidates are. And I hope that you'll join me this weekend and help us elect Gun Sense Candidates.

Thanks for doing your part to ensure we win big at the ballot box.

Aimee Tavares

National Organizing Director

Everytown for Gun Safety

Everytown for Gun Safety is a movement of Americans fighting for commonsense gun policies. We are moms, mayors, survivors, and concerned citizens.

We depend on contributions from supporters like you to fund our work to reduce gun violence.

Contributions or gifts to Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund are not tax deductible as charitable contributions or as business expenses under IRC Section 162(e). A gift may qualify you for annual membership in the Action Fund. If you are interested in other ways to give, including making a tax-deductible gift, please click here or call 202.630.8673.

Everytown for Gun Safety

Unfortunately, the Judiciary Committee just voted along party lines to move Judge Brett Kavanaugh forward as the next Supreme Court Justice.

Judge Kavanaugh has the NRA's stamp of approval, they are going all in to get him confirmed, and his confirmation could be disastrous for our fight to end gun violence.

But we've faced challenges like this before. Together, we've squared off against a House of Representatives that would push the NRA's dangerous legislative priorities forward. We've defeated terrible gun bills in states across the country. We've made gun safety a winning electoral issue, resulting in Gun Sense Candidates — including Moms Demand Action volunteers! — winning their primary elections. And we're gearing up for a BIG WIN in the midterm elections.

We'll do everything we can to stop Judge Kavanaugh from becoming the next Supreme Court Justice. But we can't do it alone: Make a donation to ensure we have what it takes to fight back against this nomination.

If you've saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately by clicking the links below:

Give $9 now >>

Give $14 now >>

Give $18 now >>

Or, donate another amount >>

Hey—

Here's where things stand: the Senate will vote TODAY on whether or not to advance Judge Kavanaugh's Supreme Court confirmation to a final decisive vote likely to take place tomorrow.

Calling your Senators this morning, this afternoon, and again tomorrow could make all the difference and could stop this confirmation. Call and keep calling your Senators to demand they vote NO on Judge Kavanaugh's confirmation to the Supreme Court.

Call Now

Thank you for continuing this fight,

Sarah Trumble

Director, Federal Legislative Campaigns

Everytown for Gun Safety

Hey,

It's no secret — when we work together, we get things done. Together, we've defeated bad NRA-backed gun bills, helped enact new state gun safety laws, and changed the culture of gun safety in America. And during the midterm elections this November, we have a chance to replace politicians who are beholden to the gun lobby with a Gun Sense Majority.

Right now, Moms Demand Action and our base of more than 5 million grassroots supporters are getting ready for the first Weekend of Action events happening in local communities across the country. We'll be canvassing, phone banking, educating voters — and more — so we can elect a slew of Gun Sense Candidates who stand for gun safety.

So let's work together again for a Gun Sense Majority: Volunteer with Moms Demand Action — THIS WEEKEND — at a local Weekend of Action event near you, so we can help elect Gun Sense Candidates up and down the ballot.

IL - Highland Park - Canvass - SD29 & IL58

September 22

Office of Julie Morrison

Highland Park, IL

RSVP >>

IL - Highland Park - Canvass -SD29

September 23

Office of Julie Morrison

Highland Park, IL

RSVP >>

IL - Glen Ellyn - Canvass - GVIL

September 22

Pritzker Campaign Office

Naperville, IL

RSVP >>

Our work together has helped to make communities across the country safer from gun violence. And if we're going to elect a Gun Sense Majority who will fight to end gun violence, we need you to take action this weekend at a Weekend of Action event near you. By volunteering to virtual phone bank from your home or by canvassing with your friends and family in your neighborhood, you'll be doing what it takes to ensure America votes for Gun Sense Candidates this November.

So, this Saturday and Sunday, volunteer at a local Weekend of Action event near you.

Thank you for volunteering with us at the Weekend of Action.

Together we care,

Debbie Weir

National Senior Managing Director, Organizing and Engagement

Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America

"Gun Sense Candidate" is a new one to me. Another goofy liberal term. I'd love to see an early SCOTUS decision on 2A that will stick it to them big time

White privilege, common sense gun laws, sanctuary city..............I agree! Would love to see the whole bowl of the lefties gun control get gutted one fell swoop...............may issue - illegal, AWB - illegal/unconstitutional, FOID cards - illegal/unconstitutional and the list goes one.

• 3 weeks later...
Michael Bloomberg just changed his party affiliation to Democrat. He’s running for President against Trump in 2020 I’ll bet. He also said in a interview I saw in the last year that all his good works would get him into Heaven. I seem to remember a biblical lesson that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven. Rather arrogant of him I think.

Archived