Dick's Sporting Goods Getting Whacked, and Sales Sagging

quackersmacker

Boycotting Dicks Sporting Goods because you don't agree with the way they run their company is childish. I am buying more items from Dicks Sporting Goods than ever i don't let their anti gun stances deter me from a good deal. Dicks has free shipping on orders over $49 which saves me a lot of money on heavy items like weight lifting plates. And Dicks has a great return policy as well because once i got my very heavy shipment of weight lifting plates i can return them to the store for a full refund. It's such a good deal i order plates every month and it don't cost me a dime because Dicks pays for it :devil:

Boycotting Dicks Sporting Goods because you don't agree with the way they run their company is childish. I am buying more items from Dicks Sporting Goods than ever i don't let their anti gun stances deter me from a good deal. Dicks has free shipping on orders over $49 which saves me a lot of money on heavy items like weight lifting plates. And Dicks has a great return policy as well because once i got my very heavy shipment of weight lifting plates i can return them to the store for a full refund. It's such a good deal i order plates every month and it don't cost me a dime because Dicks pays for it :devil:

I'll be blunt. What you're doing is enabling for self profit. You're part of what makes these companies virtue signal. They only revcieve backlash from the other side, because folks like you do what you do. So they keep on only listening to the other side. Boycotting is the only way we have of sending a concrete message to companies.

And Dicks has a great return policy as well because once i got my It's such a good deal i order plates every month and it don't cost me a dime because Dicks pays for it :devil:

Big box stores are now tracking this kind of behavior

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-buy-punishes-customers-for-too-many-returns-2018-3

.https://www.google.com/search?q=returning+store+purchases&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjahOK9mrLaAhUIEHwKHYeKAqsQ_AUICigB&biw=1346&bih=748

Dick's has been a dump with high prices across the board since the day they opened. I've never spent a dime in one of their stores, so I can't can't boycott them. How they remain in business is beyond me? Cabela and Bass Pro, (when they have great sales) are okay, but I still prefer doing business with smaller shops. Dick's is even worse than Gander Mountain IMO, which is pretty low. I've felt this way long before their anti MSR policy took place.

and now they are the destroying rifles and accessories.

Full story at link...

http://www.post-gazette.com/business/money/2018/04/09/Dicks-Sporting-Goods-Pittsburgh-destroy-dispose-assault-rifles-guns-pulled-off-shelves/stories/201804060151

..."Typically a retailer may return unsold merchandise to the manufacturer. But in this case, Dicks Sporting Goods has decided to destroy them.

We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change, a spokeswoman told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.

The so-called assault-style rifles will be destroyed at the companys distribution centers and the parts sent to a salvage company to be recycled, the Findlay-based retailer added. The company did not say how much merchandise would be included."...

Full storybat link...

http://www.post-gazette.com/business/money/2018/04/09/Dicks-Sporting-Goods-Pittsburgh-destroy-dispose-assault-rifles-guns-pulled-off-shelves/stories/201804060151

..."Typically a retailer may return unsold merchandise to the manufacturer. But in this case, Dicks Sporting Goods has decided to destroy them.

We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change, a spokeswoman told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.

The so-called assault-style rifles will be destroyed at the companys distribution centers and the parts sent to a salvage company to be recycled, the Findlay-based retailer added. The company did not say how much merchandise would be included."...

I call BS. Ten bucks says they are selling em overseas somewhere (like Mexico)

Full storybat link...

One of the few times I agree with you .

Full storybat link...

Probably just warehousing them until everyone forgets about this and they start selling them again

Remember when they stopped selling "assault weapons" after Sandy Hook too? How can they stop selling them now if they already stopped selling them 5 years ago?

Full storybat link...http://www.post-gazette.com/business/money/2018/04/09/Dicks-Sporting-Goods-Pittsburgh-destroy-dispose-assault-rifles-guns-pulled-off-shelves/stories/201804060151

Probably just warehousing them until everyone forgets about this and they start selling them again

Remember when they stopped selling "assault weapons" after Sandy Hook too? How can they stop selling them now if they already stopped selling them 5 years ago?

I think they moved them to their Field & Stream stores instead

• 2 weeks later...

I was down in Champaign and stopped in the Field & Stream store down there...I was milling around until I noticed that they were a part of Dicks...and I left.

I have no delusion here...I know darn well Dick's will not feel the impact of my longer doing business with them. What I DO know is that I will feel better not giving my money to a store that has openly and publicly denounced my rights as a firearm owner.

• 1 month later...

Synopsis- They had a great quarter. Beat earnings estimate. Stock surged 24%.

More soccer moms than gunnies means our little boycott was effectively meaningless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synopsis- They had a great quarter. Beat earnings estimate. Stock surged 24%.

More soccer moms than gunnies means our little boycott was effectively meaningless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More than likely, they gained more sales from the soccer moms by dumping guns, than they gave up by dumping low margin firearms.

The only firearms supplies I ever bought from Dick's was ammo and maybe cleaning supplies or an occasional gun case.

I don't think gunnies really go there, the selection is too basic and the prices aren't all that great.

My feeling has been that since around 2012 and the ammo shortage they've been kinda tapering the whole shooting sports thing down for eventual elimination. Kinda like Herman's, Sports Authority, and other sporting goods stores have.

The outdoor sports market just isn't what it used to be. Camping is way down, shooting is way down, won't be long before fishing also starts seeing a slowdown in sales.

Archived