It has Begun SB 3637 taxing ammo

chancemccall

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., November 25, 2018 at 04:30 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., November 25, 2018 at 04:30 AM - No reason given

Facebook is ENTIRELY shut down as of this minute. Something is up

https://www.wkrg.com/news/local-news/breaking-facebook-is-down/1591184451

On another note, Colion Noir from the NRA re-tweeted me and really got the word spread!!

http://i.imgur.com/Smo3sZd.jpg

The city has been rising steadily since 2008. Not sure where you chose to live, but the boonies often don't hold their value well.

What do you consider 'the boonies'? Anything outside of Crook County or downtown Chicago? I live in Lake County, I don't know of anyone that considers it 'the boonies' but only houses on smaller lots in highly urbanized areas and or a few select trendy towns/cities have returned to pre-fall market values, anything out of that millennial 'yuppie' niche market is still recovering.

Indiana about 20 minutes away.................

Unless you're a renter, the time to move was years ago. Home values in Indiana are skyrocketing, while they are swirling the bowl in IL. It's going to be hard to sell in IL and not take a big hit.

The city has been rising steadily since 2008. Not sure where you chose to live, but the boonies often don't hold their value well.

Well, I don't know about the city. Downstate IL has for sale signs popping up like mushrooms. I would say it's a buyer's market down here. The thing of it is, there are no good jobs here and the taxes are beyond rediculous. Meantime, the economy just over in Indiana is booming. New housing is going up everywhere. Nobody is interested in living here in IL. Even if you are not a gun person, there are a multitude of other reasons to avoid this state.

They don't have the votes to ban guns outright, so they'll just make it cost prohibitive to own guns in the state. You can always find the votes for a new tax in Illinois after all.

They don't have to ban guns outright. They just have to pass an "assault weapons ban", enact magazine restrictions and get an approved firearms roster going. That's it. And all that stuff they easily will have the votes for.

Just like we have seen in all the other anti gun states, those laws effectively ban everything except for bolt actions, pumps and revolvers. This way they can claim they aren't "banning all the guns" or "infringing" on the Second Amendment while still actually banning 99% of what people own. The blueprint has been pretty well established at this point. Those same people that helped make all those laws in those other states are now in charge here. They know exactly what they are doing.

Dear ISRA Member,

On Tuesday November 13 the Illinois General Assembly will begin the first Veto Session.

On November 7th, the day after the Midterm Elections, Senator Julie Morrison (D -29 Deerfield) introduced SB3637 an Ammo Tax Bill. The bill is presently in Senate Assignments but could go to Committee at anytime. We will keep you posted but this is the foreboding of things to come.

Please forward this every way you can. We have been shut down from boosting our posts on Facebook and other social media platforms. If you receive this alert and are not an ISRA Member, please join at once.

Yours very truly,

Richard A. Pearson

Executive Director

Anyone know more about their social media shutdown?

Not me. I checked yesterday evening, and the ISRA post on their FB page concerning SB3637 was up. I just looked a few minutes ago, and it's still up.

I fully expect an online sales ban.

Why?

According to Illinois law now, anything you buy online is subject to sales tax. If the retailer does not collect you are obligated to track and report it yourself.

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/illinois-residents-will-pay-additional-online-sales-tax-starting-oct-1/

Never yet, has Illinois banned online or out of state purchases because of internal tax.

Why?

According to Illinois law now, anything you buy online is subject to sales tax. If the retailer does not collect you are obligated to track and report it yourself.

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/illinois-residents-will-pay-additional-online-sales-tax-starting-oct-1/

Never yet, has Illinois banned online or out of state purchases because of internal tax.

Why? Because they want to ban it. Theyve already tried forcing ammo sales through IL FFLs in one bill and ban mail order iirc. Look at the number of places that restrict or refuse online sales. Supposedly much of that was based on an old letter from the AG

(or maybe a Chicago official) that did not get questioned or challenged.

Why?

Why? Because they want to ban it. Theyve already tried forcing ammo sales through IL FFLs in one bill and ban mail order iirc. Look at the number of places that restrict or refuse online sales. Supposedly much of that was based on an old letter from the AG

(or maybe a Chicago official) that did not get questioned or challenged.

"Due to local regulations, Lucky Gunner cannot ship ammo to New York City, Buffalo, or Rochester. Fortunately, Lucky Gunner is able to ship ammo to the rest of New York State, but we must ship through an Federal Firearms Licensee or what the state calls a "Registered Seller of Ammunition"."

"Lucky Gunner is able to ship ammunition to California but starting in 2018, retailers can no longer legally ship to your door: All ammunition must be shipped to a Licensed Ammo Vendor in the state. We've built a network of ammo vendors willing to do transfers to our customers and integrated it into our checkout."

"Due to local regulations, Lucky Gunner cannot ship ammo to New York City, Buffalo, or Rochester. Fortunately, Lucky Gunner is able to ship ammo to the rest of New York State, but we must ship through an Federal Firearms Licensee or what the state calls a "Registered Seller of Ammunition"."

"Lucky Gunner is able to ship ammunition to California but starting in 2018, retailers can no longer legally ship to your door: All ammunition must be shipped to a Licensed Ammo Vendor in the state. We've built a network of ammo vendors willing to do transfers to our customers and integrated it into our checkout."

And guess who wants Illinois FFLs run out of business?! JB, Madigan and the Dems!

And guess who wants Illinois FFLs run out of business?! JB, Madigan and the Dems!

Which brings us to an interesting possibility...the state runs all but the strongest FFL dealers out of business through a licensing scheme that sunsets in a decade. Then the state can turn the dealer license requirements into a vehicle for cronies. You can then only buy guns and ammo in this state from "their" guys who pay tribute.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, November 13, 2018 at 01:18 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, November 13, 2018 at 01:18 PM - No reason given

Im turning in my C+ R license, Ive moved and have not used if so its no loss. Biggest LGS in my immediate area will not accept them and SBRs going bye bye any way. Cabelas has purchased my items I dont want to deal with going forward with change coming to Illinois.

Im not giving up, just facing the reality of living in the PR of I, CCL renewal in the works. Very active as RSO at my club. Centerfire days on the range will not be as active when the bans go into effect. Its amazing how many folks with MSRs are totally detached from the reality unfolding around us in Illinois.

Which brings us to an interesting possibility...the state runs all but the strongest FFL dealers out of business through a licensing scheme that sunsets in a decade. Then the state can turn the dealer license requirements into a vehicle for cronies. You can then only buy guns and ammo in this state from "their" guys who pay tribute.

It would make it cost prohibitive for most people which is what they want. Like in New York city only the rich and connected have carry licenses.

What a brilliant idea! I hope Madigan is reading this page religiously. HUGE money-making opportunity!

If I were an FFL in Illinois, I'd be thinking about moving my business out-of-state.

Just for your reading pleasure, here's a not-too-old release from the RAND Corporation regarding firearm and ammunition taxes.

https://www.rand.org/research/gun-policy/analysis/supplementary/firearm-and-ammunition-taxes.html

Yikes:

"...but in April 2016, the Northern Mariana Islands (a U.S. territory) passed a provision imposing a $1,000 tax on pistols."

Archived