Draft: 2020 Democratic Party Platform - Updated with Final Platform

mauserme

Following is a draft of the 2020 Democratic Presidential Platform with gun related sections excerpted. I'll start a similar thread when the Republican platform is available.

https://www.demconvention.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/2020-07-21-DRAFT-Democratic-Party-Platform.pdf

Click here for the final product.

Click here for the 2020 Republican Party Platform thread.

Page 43

Ending the Epidemic of Gun Violence

4 Gun violence is a public health crisis in the United States. Nearly 40,000 people die annually

5 from gunsdevastating countless families, friends, and communities. Addressing the gun

6 violence crisis requires supporting evidence-based programs that prevent gun deaths from

7 occurring in the first place, including by making mental health care more accessible, funding

8 interventions to reduce homicides and gun violence in neighborhoods, and strengthening

9 protections against domestic violence. Democrats will also ensure the Centers for Disease

10 Control and Prevention have sufficient resources to study gun violence as a public health issue.

12 Democrats will enact universal background checks, end online sales of guns and ammunition,

13 close dangerous loopholes that currently allow stalkers and some individuals convicted of assault

14 or battery to buy and possess firearms, and adequately fund the federal background check

15 system. We will close the Charleston loophole and prevent individuals who have been

16 convicted of hate crimes from possessing firearms. Democrats will ban the manufacture and sale

17 of assault weapons and high capacity magazines. We will incentivize states to enact licensing

18 requirements for owning firearms and red flag laws that allow courts to temporarily remove

19 guns from the possession of those who are a danger to themselves or others. We will pass

20 legislation requiring that guns be safely stored in homes. And Democrats believe that gun

21 companies should be held responsible for their products, just like any other business, and will

22 prioritize repealing the law that shields gun manufacturers from civil liability.

Page 59

1 Democrats are committed to guaranteeing schools are spaces of physical and psychological

2 safety for students and educators alike. Guns have no place in our schools. We disagree strongly

3 with the Trump Administrations dangerous and short-sighted suggestion that teachers should

4 bring firearms into the classroom. Democrats also believe that all schools should have adequate

5 resources to expand school-based health services and hire guidance counselors, social workers,

6 and school psychologists to help support students mental health needs and social and emotional

7 development. And we will act expeditiously to reinstate Department of Education guidance

8 protecting transgender students rights under Title IX and make clear that schools shall not

9 discriminate based on LGBTQ+ status.

2020-07-21-DRAFT-Democratic-Party-Platform.pdf

The rest of the platform is also kind of nuts. Apparently Biden and BSanders drafted it - pretty obvious Sanders touch.

I seriously believe that if Joe Biden sat down to an actual and authentic interview, he would contridict, distort or be unable to reference many of the points in the platform. If he is the partial author, he can't recall or was only in the room to sign his name after his handlers finished writing it.

The rest of the platform is also kind of nuts. Apparently Biden and BSanders drafted it - pretty obvious Sanders touch.

I seriously believe that if Joe Biden sat down to an actual and authentic interview, he would contridict, distort or be unable to reference many of the points in the platform. If he is the partial author, he can't recall or was only in the room to sign his name after his handlers finished writing it.

Which is probably why he won't sit down with Chris Wallace. I'm no Wallace fan, but he's more likely to press Biden than another interviewer from a large network.

Biden does this with his OWN platform. So what's the difference?

I'm giddy for the debates

One word: Beto

"Yes, we're going to take your ar15s, your ak47s."

I never seriously thought for one moment that I would have ever had to say this.The necessity to prepare for confiscation day saddens me.

I pray it never comes......but

"Bring it, beta-boy. Try to find them in the bottom of the river where I had that tragic boating accident next week."

Which is probably why he won't sit down with Chris Wallace. I'm no Wallace fan, but he's more likely to press Biden than another interviewer from a large network.

I think he will, of course they will give Wallace the questions he must ask and nothing else will be allowed and they will have complete edit control over what actually gets on air. AND I think Wallace will go for it hook line and sinker= just to be fair and balance

Gun violence is a public health crisis

Why is it that when the Dems can't formulate a factual, logical argument for something they don't like, they label it a "public health crisis"?

Just last week they labeled racism a "public health crisis".

Look at what restrictions people were willing to accept concerning the virus. Some politicians came down very heavy handed with the justification it's a public health crisis and a scary number of people applauded it.

Apply the same to guns or whatever they deem "racist". It's a strategy.

Democratic party 2020 platform

* destroy America

* destroy America

* destroy America

* destroy America

* destroy America

* destroy America

* destroy America

* destroy America

* destroy America

* destroy America

* destroy America

* destroy America

* destroy America

You forgot

*destroy Americans, and dance on America's grave

I predict there will be two debates scheduled.

The first hosted by Rolling Stone & the New York Times. The 2nd by Media Matters/CNN.

The first will occur but due to a nationwide emp blackout no one but the main stream press corp will have seen it. The media will announce Biden destroyed Trump during the event. Polls will show American's overwhelmingly agree with the debate result polls.

The second debate will be for the VPs. Pence will get 55 gallon drums full of white privilege, racism, discrimination, anti Christianity, anti women, dreamers rhetoric dumped on him by the black dem candidate as well as the moderators. Then the debate will begin.

A bomb threat will stop the debate just as the Democratic candidate is given her first question.

I predict there will be two debates scheduled.

The first hosted by Rolling Stone & the New York Times. The 2nd by Media Matters/CNN.

The first will occur but due to a nationwide emp blackout no one but the main stream press corp will have seen it. The media will announce Biden destroyed Trump during the event. Polls will show American's overwhelmingly agree with the debate result polls.

The second debate will be for the VPs. Pence will get 55 gallon drums full of white privilege, racism, discrimination, anti Christianity, anti women, dreamers rhetoric dumped on him by the black dem candidate as well as the moderators. Then the debate will begin.

A bomb threat will stop the debate just as the Democratic candidate is given her first question.

While listening in on the Barr drama yesterday they at one point cut in because Sleepy Joe was actually answering questions from reporters. They got to the good stuff and the best reporter had a great question for him: Why did you chose to announce everything in Vermont? Talk about hitting him with difficult questions. As a "reporter" that is the only question they could come up with? Gimme a break. I can only assume that he will get the questions ahead of time just like Hil did.

While listening in on the Barr drama yesterday they at one point cut in because Sleepy Joe was actually answering questions from reporters. They got to the good stuff and the best reporter had a great question for him: Why did you chose to announce everything in Vermont? Talk about hitting him with difficult questions. As a "reporter" that is the only question they could come up with? Gimme a break. I can only assume that he will get the questions ahead of time just like Hil did.

The liberal media is well aware Joe is fully capable of blowing the entire election with a single brain dead quip. They aren't tossing him powder puff's for no reason. And, they will keep children far away from him and cameras. The DNC has had him relatively in wraps for months, and that isn't going to change anytime soon. The only real chance to billboard his lack of capacity will be at the debates, and I too believe the DNC will do all they can to figure out a way to minimize the debates, in number, in format, etc. The Democrats have no depth they will not go to win. I mean they are already trying to incite this BLM to keep it going through to November at least, to blame Trump for this mess. They will gladly allow every city to burn to the ground in exchange for the White House.

A little more from the DNC:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/democrats-warn-gop-don-t-fill-supreme-court-vacancy-2020-n1234885

Democrats warn GOP: Don't fill a Supreme Court vacancy in 2020 or we'll retaliate

Aug. 3, 2020, 3:30 AM CDT
By Sahil Kapur

WASHINGTON — Democrats are warning Republicans not to fill a possible Supreme Court vacancy this year after denying President Barack Obama the chance in 2016, saying it would embolden a push on the left to add seats to the court whenever they regain power.
In a sweeping statement of intent, the Democratic National Committee is poised to add language to the party's 2020 platform endorsing "structural court reforms to increase transparency and accountability."

The draft language, reviewed by NBC News and expected to be approved later this month, denounces Republicans as having "packed our federal courts with unqualified, partisan judges who consistently rule for corporations, the wealthy, and Republican interests" and for "blocking a Democratic president from appointing a justice to the Supreme Court."
Trump has vowed to "save the Supreme Court" and pick justices who would protect Second Amendment gun rights if he is re-elected. He recently said he'll release a list of prospects by Sept. 1.

WASHINGTON — Democrats are warning Republicans not to fill a possible Supreme Court vacancy this year after denying President Barack Obama the chance in 2016, saying it would embolden a push on the left to add seats to the court whenever they regain power.

Cool... more SCOTUS seats.

Kinda hope everyone plays by the rules of the recent past.

Cool... more SCOTUS seats.

Kinda hope everyone plays by the rules of the recent past.

Sounds like what FDR wanted to do. Totalitarians will totalitarian.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to post the final 2020 Democrat Platform:

https://www.demconvention.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/2020-07-31-Democratic-Party-Platform-For-Distribution.pdf

Page 31

We recognize it is not enough to have a commitment to eliminating health disparities: we must
have a plan. That is why Democrats will launch a sustained, government-wide effort, with
leadership at the highest levels, to eliminate racial, ethnic, gender, and geographic gaps in
insurance rates, access to quality care, and health outcomes. That includes tackling the social,
economic, and environmental inequities—the social determinants of health like poor housing,
hunger, inadequate transportation, mass incarceration, air and water pollution, and gun
violence—that contribute to worse health outcomes for low-income Americans and people of
color.

Pages 47 - 48

Ending the Epidemic of Gun Violence
Gun violence is a public health crisis in the United States. Over 100,000 people are shot and
nearly 40,000 people die annually from guns—devastating countless families, friends, and
communities. We can and will make gun violence a thing of the past. Addressing the gun
violence crisis requires supporting evidence-based programs that prevent gun deaths from
occurring in the first place, including by making mental health care more accessible and
supporting suicide reduction initiatives, funding interventions to reduce homicides and gun
violence in neighborhoods, and strengthening protections against domestic violence. Democrats
will also ensure the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have sufficient resources to
study gun violence as a public health issue, including the ongoing health care, mental health,
economic, and social costs that can affect survivors and their families for years.
Democrats will enact universal background checks, end online sales of guns and ammunition,
close dangerous loopholes that currently allow stalkers, abusive partners, and some individuals
convicted of assault or battery to buy and possess firearms, and adequately fund the federal

background check system. We will close the “Charleston loophole” and prevent individuals who
have been convicted of hate crimes from possessing firearms. Democrats will ban the
manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high capacity magazines. We will incentivize states
to enact licensing requirements for owning firearms and extreme risk protection order laws that
allow courts to temporarily remove guns from the possession of those who are a danger to
themselves or others. We will pass legislation requiring that guns be safely stored in homes. And
Democrats believe that gun companies should be held responsible for their products, just like any
other business, and will prioritize repealing the law that shields gun manufacturers from civil
liability.

Page 67

Democrats are committed to safe and supportive school climates for students and educators alike.
Guns have no place in our schools. We disagree strongly with the Trump Administration’s
dangerous and short-sighted suggestion that teachers should bring firearms into the classroom.
Democrats also believe that all schools should have adequate resources to expand school-based
health services and hire guidance counselors, social workers, nurses, and school psychologists to
help support students’ mental health needs, address trauma, and promote social and emotional
development. We will work with school administrators, educators, students, and mental health
advocates to reduce the stigma that too often prevents students from seeking out these resources.
Democrats will make sure schools do not engage in, and appropriately address, discrimination,
bullying and harassment related to sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity; race;
national origin; immigration or citizenship status; religion; disability; and language status. We
will protect the rights of transgender students.

2020-07-31-Democratic-Party-Platform-For-Distribution.pdf

Archived