Flannery on Fire tonight 7/13/18 9:30pm

Tvandermyde

Calling him Fr Flakey IS disrespectful and intended to be so... it would be good if we, as a community, kept with proper names rather than being disrespectful of those we disagreed with ...

For those of you old enough to remember, Mike Royko's constant use of "Governor Moonbeam" and "Jesse Jetstream" was disrespectful and intended to be so.

Should Royko have been restricted to using proper names?

How about Trump's use of "Pocahontas"?

Is name calling the last refuge of a mental midget with no rational position to espouse or defend, or can it be the product of a political mastermind capable of reducing a tedious concept into a memorable word, or two?

Calling him Fr Flakey IS disrespectful and intended to be so... it would be good if we, as a community, kept with proper names rather than being disrespectful of those we disagreed with ...

For those of you old enough to remember, Mike Royko's constant use of "Governor Moonbeam" and "Jesse Jetstream" was disrespectful and intended to be so.

Is name calling the last refuge of a mental midget with no rational position to espouse or defend, or can it be the product of a political mastermind capable of reducing a tedious concept into a memorable word, or two?

Royko wrote an entertainment column.

Trump calls all of his opponents names, except for Putin.

I'm going with mental midget. President Trump is certainly a master of nothing...

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 04:10 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 04:10 PM - No reason given

I'm going with mental midget. President Trump is certainly a master of nothing...

Wrong. He is a master troll. He knows how to play the media for fools and agitate his opponents (and they take the bait every time)

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 05:10 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 05:10 AM - No reason given

Wrong. He is a master troll. He knows how to play the media for fools and agitate his opponents (and they take the bait every time)

Steve... he's not even an average troll.

FWIW I was always respectful in my tone when I discussed - and countered - supporters of President Obama's policies.

Since 1/20/18 I cannot say the same about them today.

As far as referring to Pfleger with respect, when a member of the clergy grandstands in the political arena he has left the pulpit for the podium.

When a "priest" calls for murder for people conducting a business he dislikes he has abandoned the tenets of (essentially all) Christian doctrine, and any respect that should be rendered to someone in his position.

And that's not even addressing Pfleger, Cupich and the other USCCB/AUSCP types demanding that we be rendered helpless victims, unable to protect the G-d given gift that is our lives in accordance with Catechism.

FWIW I was always respectful in my tone when I discussed - and countered - supporters of President Obama's policies.

Since 1/20/18 I cannot say the same about them today.

As far as referring to Pfleger with respect, when a member of the clergy grandstands in the political arena he has left the pulpit for the podium.

When a "priest" calls for murder for people conducting a business he dislikes he has abandoned the tenets of (essentially all) Christian doctrine, and any respect that should be rendered to someone in his position.

And that's not even addressing Pfleger, Cupich and the other USCCB/AUSCP types demanding that we be rendered helpless victims, unable to protect the G-d given gift that is our lives in accordance with Catechism.

I totally appreciate your restraint on Obama, Tango. The same could never be said of many Trump supporters or even plain old Obama haters for 8 years.

I'm just saying that backroom names lead to a slip of the tongue on TV.

That makes our side look bad.

We don't need that distraction.

Is name calling the last refuge of a mental midget with no rational position to espouse or defend...

Name calling, even in private is bad practice.

Todd nailed him. We all owe him a round of applause. Pfleger spoke right out of the playbook

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/748675/gun-violencemessaging-guide-pdf-1.pdf

Hey Steve, I can't get this link to open.

I'd like to read it.

Todd nailed him. We all owe him a round of applause. Pfleger spoke right out of the playbookhttp://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/748675/gun-violencemessaging-guide-pdf-1.pdf

I'd like to read it.

It opens for me. Don’t know what the issue is

Todd nailed him. We all owe him a round of applause. Pfleger spoke right out of the playbookhttp://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/748675/gun-violencemessaging-guide-pdf-1.pdf

I'd like to read it.

It opens for me. Don’t know what the issue is

It loads the address but it's blank.

Edit:

Weird. It opened from the link in your response to me.

All good.

We should give The Good Father Pfleger as much respect as he gives the NRA and firearms owners.

Agreed.

Why are we concerned about respecting someone that has publicly called for violence against us, specifically that we be "snuffed out?"

Why are we concerned about respecting someone who advocates criminalizing us?

It’s not a matter of respecting him, but of showing third parties that we are above namecalling and fight based on principle.

Why is it not OK to call him Father Flakey... but he can disrespect President Trump by calling him "Mr Trump"?

I was not condoning the name calling.. just tried to point out it was funny that he called Todd out for being disrespectful but in turn disrespected The President with his Mr Trump remarks.

Being a catholic it pains me to speak disrespectfully about a priest, but Father Pfleger is truly a grand stander. It also pains me to see a priest lie. I would be ok with the grandstanding if it actually acclomplished something other than getting his face on t.v. If he really wants affect change, he should be standing at the pulpit every Sunday, telling his congregation how THEY can make their neighborhood safer. Start with, many people in the pews know exactly who was involved in the shootings on the street, it's time to start calling the police and getting these criminals and GUNS off the street. This would be far more productive than any march could ever be. This is what happens in the so called safe neighborhoods! Tell your congregation to stop viewing the police as the enemy and start helping them to make YOUR neighborhood safer. This is how he and his congregation can really make things change.

Being a catholic it pains me to speak disrespectfully about a priest, but Father Pfleger is truly a grand stander. It also pains me to see a priest lie. I would be ok with the grandstanding if it actually acclomplished something other than getting his face on t.v. If he really wants affect change, he should be standing at the pulpit every Sunday, telling his congregation how THEY can make their neighborhood safer. Start with, many people in the pews know exactly who was involved in the shootings on the street, it's time to start calling the police and getting these criminals and GUNS off the street. This would be far more productive than any march could ever be. This is what happens in the so called safe neighborhoods! Tell your congregation to stop viewing the police as the enemy and start helping them to make YOUR neighborhood safer. This is how he and his congregation can really make things change.

Phleger is as much of a "priest" as Jesse is a "reverend." Just a phoney.

to me it is obvious that flakey is out of touch with reality.i think he might be mentally ill.

Aren't all Christians mentally ill?

Probably not the Lutheran church groups I just finished qualifying for the carry permits.

They clearly realize that every God fearing "flock" needs a few well trained sheep dogs.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 04:10 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 04:10 PM - No reason given
I find it funny that this thread turned from “way to go Todd” into “Todd’s mean and made a remark about Father Flakey”. Who cares what Todd said. Pfleger is an enemy to gun rights and to more of our freedoms. Some of you guys worry too much about stupid garbage that doesn’t mean anything

I find it funny that this thread turned from “way to go Todd” into “Todd’s mean and made a remark about Father Flakey”. Who cares what Todd said. Pfleger is an enemy to gun rights and to more of our freedoms. Some of you guys worry too much about stupid garbage that doesn’t mean anything

Yup. Todd FTW.

to me it is obvious that flakey is out of touch with reality.i think he might be mentally ill.

No, He isn't - his "message" has started slowly morphing...

His Bad NRA!!! Bad Guns!! Bad NRA!!! isn't accomplishing anything.

I'll BET it is starting to wear thin with his flock.

Thus he has added a bunch of other things (as evidenced during his expressway shutdown) to his rants.

Yes - he IS a camera and power ***** - he didn't just stumble into it.

No, He isn't - his "message" has started slowly morphing...His Bad NRA!!! Bad Guns!! Bad NRA!!! isn't accomplishing anything.I'll BET it is starting to wear thin with his flock.Thus he has added a bunch of other things (as evidenced during his expressway shutdown) to his rants.Yes - he IS a camera and power ***** - he didn't just stumble into it.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/dan-ryan-shutdown-stoneman-douglas-pfleger/

After Dan Ryan shutdown, ChiStrong youth, Pfleger talk next steps...

...They are unfiltered, impatient, tired of living in fear and seeing their friends and family members killed, said activist priest the Rev. Michael Pfleger, who led the recent peace protest. They are the face of a new movement.

Inspired by the power of the students at the Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida who had to bury 17 schoolmates slaughtered by a gun-wielding student ChiStrong is a new coalition of Chicago students committed to being part of a solution....

Archived