States Where Illinois Carry Licensees May Carry

Molly B.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Texas. While no reciprocity yet (and probably not very soon), anyone who can legally possess a firearm, and is not in the act of committing a crime, can legally carry concealed in their vehicle. It must remain concealed, but there is no duty to inform. The only problem could be gun free school zones and post office property. You can also legally carry concealed from your residence directly to your vehicle and back again. It is called the Motorist Protection Act.

My CCW app stills shows Maine as red and it should be green.

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

The bill goes into effect 90 days after the legislative session ends, so it shouldn't be "green" yet.

This.

Maine is not yet Constitutional Carry, and they do not recognize the Illinois license. They will be Constitutional Carry in ~2 months. But until then, cannot carry there w/o a ME license (or AK, DE, LA, MI, ND, PA, SD or WY resident license)

Another state recognizes Illinois. I'm still amazed that any state recognizes our CCL. :)

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Me too. If I was a state legislator in another state I wouldn't allow any state license to be recognized unless they were reciprocal. How does Minnesota recognizing IL licenses help ANY Minnesota resident? Especially those with a Minnesota CCL?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for US. I just think IL politicians suck- and not just about this.

Edited by DomG

If I was a state legislator in another state I wouldn't allow any state license to be recognized unless they were reciprocal.

I would!!! The RKBA applies to everyone. Why should I punish the citizens of a state due to the stupidity of their elected officials?

This isn't a political game. We are talking about people's lives... our very right to exist.

If I was a state legislator in another state I wouldn't allow any state license to be recognized unless they were reciprocal.

I would!!! The RKBA applies to everyone. Why should I punish the citizens of a state due to the stupidity of their elected officials?

This isn't a political game. We are talking about people's lives... our very right to exist.

Because if I was legislator duly elected by the people of Minnesota, I would want the rights of my constituents to be respected by the political scum that are Illinois politicians. It wouldn't be to punish IL people, it would be to get IL people to put pressure on their politicians to respect the rights of my people. Don't the lives of Miinesota citizens...their right to exist matter when they visit Illinois? Fair is fair. Edited by DomG

This isn't a political game. We are talking about people's lives... our very right to exist. Because if I was legislator duly elected by the people of Minnesota, I would want the rights of my constituents to be respected by the political scum that are Illinois politicians. It wouldn't be to punish IL people, it would be to get IL people to put pressure on their politicians to respect the rights of my people. Don't the lives of Miinesota citizens...their right to exist matter when they visit Illinois? Fair is fair.

It wasn't pressure from the citizens that got us a carry law... it was the federal courts.

Thinking that we the people could pressure anyone to grant priveleges to people from another state is dreaming.

This isn't a political game. We are talking about people's lives... our very right to exist. Because if I was legislator duly elected by the people of Minnesota, I would want the rights of my constituents to be respected by the political scum that are Illinois politicians. It wouldn't be to punish IL people, it would be to get IL people to put pressure on their politicians to respect the rights of my people. Don't the lives of Miinesota citizens...their right to exist matter when they visit Illinois? Fair is fair.

It wasn't pressure from the citizens that got us a carry law... it was the federal courts.

Thinking that we the people could pressure anyone to grant priveleges to people from another state is dreaming.

Yet we expect other states to grant us that right that Illinois denies to their citizens.

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm pushing for national recognition, just like any other license. Also, I hate Illinois politicians, if that wasn't obvious.

Yet we expect other states to grant us that right that Illinois denies to their citizens.

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm pushing for national recognition, just like any other license. Also, I hate Illinois politicians, if that wasn't obvious.

I don't expect other states to grant us rights.. I just don't think they should actively oppose us because our legislators oppose their citizens.

I don't expect other states to grant us rights.. I just don't think they should actively oppose us because our legislators oppose their citizens.
If the situation were reversed (and if IL pols actually cared about us), I would expect them to stick up for us. Quid pro quo. It's a common courtesy in all things, even politics. You respect us, we'll respect you.

Quid pro quo shouldn't be required when rights are considered. If that's the approach that you take they are no longer rights, they are little more than a courtesy extended to cronies

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Youre right. It shouldn't be required. Recognizing other state licenses should be all that is needed. Or better yet- the second amendment.

States do not grant rights, they are natural / come from God (depending on your beliefs). The Constitution requires states to respect them.

Denying rights to individuals because of the actions of some government body is vindictive and asinine.

States do not grant rights, they are natural / come from God (depending on your beliefs). The Constitution requires states to respect them.

Denying rights to individuals because of the actions of some government body is vindictive and asinine.

CCW isn't truly a right (regardless of the 2A) as long as the SCOTUS recognizes unconstitutional state laws that require licensing. You don't need a license for a right. Until CCW is recognized as a right under the 2A, ALL licenses from every state should be recognized by ALL states. I'm not trying to deny anyone's rights. My point is that everyone's rights should be recognized. And if I were a legislator in another state, I'd be fighting for my constituents rights, first and foremost and against states that deny the rights of my citizens.

And if I were a legislator in another state, I'd be fighting for my constituents rights, first and foremost and against states that deny the rights of my citizens.

I don't think you understand the concept of "rights", if you think your constituents should have some privilege that others do not.

Huh? I said I'd want my constituents to have the SAME rights when they visit Illinois that Illinois citizens have when they visit my state. No more, no less. It's an unknown concept to Illinoisans, but some legislators in other states actually treat their constituents as citizens and not subjects and they fight for their people.