GOA funds challenge to NFA.

Twostarrz

Even if GOA win this, how many years do we think Illinois will keep banning suppressors before they relent after a court loss?

Good to see there fighting for Jeremy. As RR said above and I will add ....How many gun ranges in Chicago after the court cases. Sanctuary city no problem, gun ranges big problem.

...How many gun ranges in Chicago after the court cases. Sanctuary city no problem, gun ranges big problem.

I don't think anyone has tried to open a range after the final case disposition.

Even after the court battle, it's still Chicago, would someone have to get paid off?

Or sign on with Madigan, Burke, Harmon and Associates as council?

I hope if the court takes it and that they make it clear that a poll tax can't be levied on 2nd amendment rights, and I would love to see the law gutted or ruled unconstitutional overall as I believe that the 2nd is not limited to single fire and semi-auto weapons, but should include select fire and those 'odd weapons' that are now classified as NFA and restricted...

This is extremely unlikely to go anywhere. Not when we have a president that directs the BATFE to rewrite their own version of a law previously put in place by Congress, AND they all think it's legal.

@GunOwners (GOA) has also filed suit against that.

https://www.gunowners.org/goa-files-suit-against-bump-stock-ban-in-western-district-of-michigan.htm

I just called GOA and sent them an email from Bloomberg's Everytown claiming victory on bumpstocks and bragging of rigging the numbers to 72% in favor of a ban by the ATF during the public comment period.

Everytown for Gun Safety

Hey our hard work paid off. Reports from Washington D.C. are that the federal government will prohibit bump stocks.

More than a year after a shooter in Las Vegas used guns equipped with bump stocks to kill 58 people and wound hundreds more, the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will take regulatory action to prohibit these gun accessories. Because you took action and put pressure on Washington, our government issued this common-sense regulation a first step towards stronger action to prevent gun violence.

Our supporters submitted tens of thousands of comments urging the ATF to prohibit bump stocks. You helped make sure that 72% of comments an overwhelming majority asked the ATF to make the common-sense decision to prohibit bump stocks.

On the heels of critical elections victories for the gun violence prevention movement just a few weeks ago, this rule on bump stocks is a step in the right direction. We have momentum going into 2019 to take giant steps forward starting with passing a strong background checks bill to help break the pattern of gun violence in America.

Thank you for being a part of this movement,

Rob Wilcox

Deputy Director, Federal Legislative Campaigns

Everytown for Gun Safety

CONTRIBUTE TO END GUN VIOLENCE

As a movement of Americans fighting for commonsense gun policies, we depend on contributions from supporters like you to fund important work to reduce gun violence.

Paid for by Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund. Contributions to Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund are not tax-deductible. To make a tax-deductible gift, visit the Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund.

Contributions or gifts to Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund are not tax deductible as charitable contributions or as business expenses under IRC Section 162(e). A gift may qualify you for annual membership in the Action Fund. If you are interested in other ways to give, including making a tax-deductible gift, please click here or call 202.630.8673.

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up with GOA in March, donated $25 when I heard their filing a lawsuit against the Bumpstock ban, and extended my membership after hearing this today

Next call I get from the NRA asking for money (I’m a life member BTW) I’m telling them to F-off politely

Which reminds me, I need to extend my ISRA membership

Yup...

I will only give money to groups that don't roll over when it's time to defend our rights.

Archived